POLL: Billy Joel or Elton John?

Silent Jay

Billy Joel or Elton John?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 4/28/2017 at 5:51 AM, Zeppelin said:

Billy Joel, and it's not even close. His run of albums from The Stranger to An Innocent Man is spectacular. And even the albums before and after that run are pretty damn good. Plus, he knew when to stop. I don't mind some of Elton's later material. But really, no one is talking about The Diving Board or Wonderful Crazy Night, and no one is going to talk about them over his classic material because those albums just aren't even close to the same quality.

Still, I do love Elton. I've seen them both live, which is something I'll never forget. But Billy Joel is just leagues better in my books.

really? billy joel always reminds me of one of those cheesy lounge singers. :shrugs:

On 29/04/2017 at 10:09 AM, The Holographic Universe said:

Is this real or part of an act?

Billy Joel went to in Russia, in 1987, his film crew turned bright lights on the audience but Billy thought people in the audience wanted to be in the dark. He also yelled at people in the front rows during the show.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

really? billy joel always reminds me of one of those cheesy lounge singers. :shrugs:

They both have their fair share of cheesy songs. But Joel has a lot of attitude in some of his songs, too. So, I can handle some of the cheese.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Elton John hands down. Think of all the classic albums... tumbleweed connection, madman across the water, captain fantastic and the Brown dirt cowboy, goodbye yellow brick road, to name just a few... You can listen to most of these albums front to back without skipping any tracks. Musical genius, and arguably, best of all time. Amazing performer... John/Taupin < Lennon McCartney.