Rhiad and Guitar Hero lawsuits

I believe Riad have been settled, I think four years ago. Can't remember where are the documents.

-

GHIII:

Axl alleged he was duped into licensing "Welcome to the Jungle," but his failure to sing to a judge sooner doomed him.

During the course of the case, Rose attempted to explain why he hadn't filed a lawsuit right away.

"The reason I did not file a lawsuit is because Activision -- through my managers and representatives -- offered me a separate video game and other business proposals worth millions of dollars to resolve and settle my claims relating to GHIII," he said in a deposition. "From December 2007 through November 2010, Activision was offering me a Guns N' Roses-dedicated video game, a game dedicated to music from the Chinese Democracyalbum, and other proposals."

Originally, Rose sued for fraud and breach of contract, and in August, the judge struck the fraud claim because of the statute of limitations issue. That ruling came despite arguments by Rose's lawyer that the claims did not accrue until he discovered that "Activision had been intentionally concealing its plans to use [Slash's post-GnR band Velvet Revolver] and Slash in the game all along."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/axl-rose-loses-20m-lawsuit-417262

https://www.wired.com/2013/02/axl-rose-guitar-hero/

-

There was also a huge interesting lawsuit against Irving Azoff at the time.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Bet Axl is glad to be done with these lawsuits now, regardless of the outcomes.

I bet it must have cost him a fortune. I'm pretty sure the first Azoff lawsuit, which he kinda lost, cost him bad. Eventually that might be the reason of the 2011 downfall, and certain members not getting paid.

• Like 1