Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

14 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Im sure its gonna happen eventually.

Maybe 4 songs on a live record or on another gh álbum.  But.. If u ask me, knowing axls taste, the great ambirement inside the band, and this slashs new "hard work etic", plus the pile of money they're being offer for a record contract... its gonna happen

wut?

• Like 1

Glad this was unlocked. However unlikely, keeping discussion limited to the social media thread for something potentially this interesting seems....odd.

Anyway, I would say if he is somehow recording for Guns, it adds some credence to the theories that Slash will be re-recording/adding parts for whatever else Axl already has "in the can". It's also possible he's simply laying down ideas to send to Axl for entirely new tracks, though I would probably bet on the former if, again, if this is somehow related to Guns.  Mostly because I just don't see Axl hitting the studio to record an entirely new project with all he already has done. 

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Am I the only one who has no interest in seeing the CD II songs released with Slash playing on them? I'd prefer something from scratch

Totally agree. I've said before on here that ideally anything else from the CD era should really be released as a solo album, with a new record from scratch being made with Slash and Duff. The time that would take though probably makes it less likely. I think what we'll get (if anything at all) would most likely be a mix of old and new stuff with Slash/Duff adding parts to the old songs. I'd take anything at this stage to be honest.

17 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

wut?

:lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

On a side note- Am I the only one who has no interest in seeing the CD II songs released with Slash playing on them? I'd prefer something from scratch

Agree.   Anything from "the CD era" no thank you.   That's not new.  

It was already said that the two studio photos of Slash aren't him recording anything. The first one was just a visit to that guys studio (back in December) and the Marshall one is just him playing around with the new amp. If they do record anything I think it will be after the tour is over, so September or October at the earliest.

That article is really nothing more than a rehashing of our discussion on the Social Media thread. An Aussie Bret fuckin Buchanan is among us!

The pic of Slash with the Mexican guy in the studio still seems very very interesting to me. The Marshall pic looks like a purely promotional pic to me. But that's all we have, besides our imaginations.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Feel free to speculate away but there seems to be absolutely nothing to this IMO.

I agree. They lost credibility with me when they called AFD "Appetite For Dysfunction"

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

wut?

If you think their won't be new music as some point you're fucked if you put money on it.

22 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I agree. They lost credibility with me when they called AFD "Appetite For Dysfunction"

Lol, what a horrible name for an album!

10 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Another thing that makes me wonder is that billboard that has been in LA for months.  What's the point of that?  Every NITLT billboard they had previously referenced songs and only lasted a few weeks.  The one in LA just features their logo and has been up for months.

are they holding that space for future use? Like reserved it. 

45 minutes ago, MADDOGJONES said:

If you think their won't be new music as some point you're fucked if you put money on it.

Lol, what a horrible name for an album!

You are like a broken clock, always right at twice a day :)

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

unless Axl has changed his ways of making music, i can see the whole thing coming apart when they get in the studio.

I hope that doesn't happen but i know Slash isn't gonna sit around for months while Axl fiddles with this and that.

Edited by -W.A.R-

49 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Seriously though if this band wants to continue to tour like they are now they have to release new music....look at the ticket sales for the 2nd North American leg lol

What is wrong with the ticket sales, for the 2nd North American leg

8 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

We'd all love new music, but nothing is 100% with this band until it's happening. Hope for the best and expect the worst. 

On a side note- Am I the only one who has no interest in seeing the CD II songs released with Slash playing on them? I'd prefer something from scratch

id like to write from scratch to, but look at van halens album adkot when david lee roth and the van halens got together. Those songs were mashups of tunes they had from their old club days, so I can understand if they use CD2 material, or if duff and slash pick certain recordings that axl has as its a starting point in order to complete an album and release fairly quickly and get back on the touring bandwagon again.

Edited by Sydney Fan

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Same thing happened with the 1st North American leg. Everyone was screaming it would be a disaster right before it started, and it turned out just fine

Some shows I guess but others were almost sold out right away!

Idk, to me it just seems like this leg is struggling more.

7 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Some shows I guess but others were almost sold out right away!

Idk, to me it just seems like this leg is struggling more.

Naw, it looked really bad before too. The seat map looked empty for Detroit only a few weeks before and it ended up being almost sold out. Sure, some gigs had the upper bowls or sections closed out but none were disasterous. Especially considering they are hitting up so many stadiums throughout the country. I was at one of the worst attended gigs (Chiacago 2) and even that was pretty crowded for the most part and was the second show out of 2 nights with absolutely absurd ticket prices.

I'm all for being realistic when it comes to GNR. If sales were bad I would gladly agree to it, but they'll do just fine for at least the remaining NITL dates. For future tours, however, I doubt they could do $300 a ticket stadium shows. Maybe if they waited another 5 years to tour again. They've cemented at least packed arena status for the rest of their career, though. I don't think the majority of casual fans will care if there is new music. It certainly won't make that much of a difference when it comes to attendance. It sucks, but that is just where we are now. GNR is a legacy act.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2