Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Try telling Angus that! :lol:

I get what you mean about rather seeing a GN'R record though, I'd like to think both could happen but probably just as likely that neither will. :lol:

Anything could happen. 2 years ago if someone had told me we'd be getting this tour I'd say they're full of shit. I say let the surprises continue!

1 minute ago, ironmt said:

It could also end up that the AC/DC album happens and we don't get a Guns album. It will be Interesting to see where It goes.

Agreed. If I'm honest I'm more excited at the prospect of an Axl/Angus record than GN'R now. I'd long since got bored waiting for a new album and the whole AXL/DC thing sparked my interest again. As soon as I heard Axl had got the gig after what happened to Brian, I wanted it to lead to a studio album. The reunion is cool but, as I say, I hope an AC/DC record happens first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

If Axl does an album with Angus before or instead of a GNR album...may god have mercy on our wretched souls. I will literally have a seizure.

Come on Goat, an Axl/Angus record would kick a serious amount of arse and you fucking know it, son! :lol:

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Justice must be done.

:lol:

Just now, bucketfoot said:

Agreed. If I'm honest I'm more excited at the prospect of an Axl/Angus record than GN'R now. I'd long since got bored waiting for a new album and the whole AXL/DC thing sparked my interest again. As soon as I heard Axl had got the gig after what happened to Brian, I wanted it to lead to a studio album. The reunion is cool but, as I say, I hope an AC/DC record happens first.

As enthusiastic as Axl seems to be with AC/DC and Angus In particular I think It may just play out the way you want It to.

5 minutes ago, ironmt said:

As enthusiastic as Axl seems to be with AC/DC and Angus In particular I think It may just play out the way you want It to.

I totally agree. There just seems to be something between Axl and Angus. We'd not seen Axl that enthused for a long time, those AC/DC shows were fucking unreal!

4 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I totally agree. There just seems to be something between Axl and Angus. We'd not seen Axl that enthused for a long time, those AC/DC shows were fucking unreal!

If Angus says to Axl "just pop down to the studio and put some vocals on these songs" he'll be there in a flash. If Slash said that? Well? :cry:

• Like 1

Just now, bucketfoot said:

Yes, they were exceptional shows. I actually thought he sounded better with them then his own band.  According to the China Exchange Interview performing with Axl was very uplifting and motivating for Angus as well so I wouldn't be surprised to see an AC/DC album before a Guns record. I just hope we get something either way. 

7 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Whatever they release, rock stars in their 50s produce mostly forgettable stuff.

Not exactly true. If you take Myles off and put Axl on World on Fire, let him work his ideas and stuff... you'll probably have a GREAT album. 

The thing with these guys is: They are still unpredictable, you can tell what Aerosmith, AC/DC and the Stones are going to do, can you tell what Guns N' Roses are up to? Hell no. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

That would suck IMO. It would be like having Slash and Duff playing on Axl's solo album. I know it's more realistic than expecting a new album from scratch but I'd never hope for something like that. Don't get me wrong, I hope I'll get to hear every single song Axl has worked on for the last two decades, I'd just like to hear each song with the people who originally worked on it/wrote it.

The problem with that hope is that the pace at which Axl releases new music there's not much chance the current people playing under the name Guns N' Roses would stick around for its release.  Accept it or not, but Axl just works on a different timeframe than most other active musicians.  To start all over again with Duff and Slash might taken longer than both those individuals might be willing to take.  Plus, it was the disagreement over material that was one the primary reasons why these guys went their separate ways 20 years ago.  If Slash and Duff are willing to look at the material in Axl's vault and contribute, and maybe work on one or two songs of their owns, I think that's the most likely scenario in which we hear new music.  I just don't think Axl would want to junk all of his previous work.  

Don't forget that GNR has a long history of recording songs that involved songwriters not official members of the band.  It wouldn't be bucking tradition if songs written by former members or outside contributors made the next album.  

• Like 4

Axl just works on a different timeframe than most other active musicians.

Lets call it what it is, he doesn't work full stop :lol:  if anyone else released an album after 15 years they'd just say he stopped making music and made a comeback, that's not a work rate, thats a period of inactivity.  Thats a retirement.  I don't care if you're tinkering about in your spare time or recording stuff, even retired people can do that.

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Lets call it what it is, he doesn't work full stop :lol:  if anyone else released an album after 15 years they'd just say he stopped making music and made a comeback, that's not a work rate, thats a period of inactivity.  Thats a retirement.  I don't care if you're tinkering about in your spare time or recording stuff, even retired people can do that.

I guess it's how you define the concept of work.  Some would consider a musician who spends a lot of their time both on the piano and in the studio as working, regardless of output.  Whether it be fear, high standards, personal/mental blockages, or forces outside of his control (likely a combination of these factors), there are reasons us fans don't see the output of Axl's efforts.  

Something I learned ten years ago when I was in a band was that the music part is actually the easiest part of the job.  It's the business and dealing with everything else that's the most challenging.  If I were to guess, I think Axl struggles with both as he has incredibly high standards for music that he's responsible for and is likely adverse to the business side of the job.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, downzy said:

The problem with that hope is that the pace at which Axl releases new music there's not much chance the current people playing under the name Guns N' Roses would stick around for its release.  Accept it or not, but Axl just works on a different timeframe than most other active musicians.  To start all over again with Duff and Slash might taken longer than both those individuals might be willing to take.  Plus, it was the disagreement over material that was one the primary reasons why these guys went their separate ways 20 years ago.  If Slash and Duff are willing to look at the material in Axl's vault and contribute, and maybe work on one or two songs of their owns, I think that's the most likely scenario in which we hear new music.  I just don't think Axl would want to junk all of his previous work.  

Don't forget that GNR has a long history of recording songs that involved songwriters not official members of the band.  It wouldn't be bucking tradition if songs written by former members or outside contributors made the next album.  

Well, honestly I wouldn't even want Slash to stick around for a new album that was made without him where he only reworked other people's guitar parts. In a perfect world, I'd love to see Axl put a solo band together and release all the music he worked on prior to the reunion there. If GNR ever gets to write a new record, that's great but if not, I'd like to see Slash staying creative, writing and releasing music. He's already played CD covers just like he played STP covers with VR but being the last employee to work on Axl's project is the least attractive thing in the world to me.

Having an outsider co-writing a song here and there is one thing but having a full album written by Axl with 25 outsiders is completely different. We only have three of the five original members and only one of them would be involved in the songwriting while the other two would only be rearranging songs a bit. Getting to hear Axl again would be amazing but that doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses to me, that's definitely not the album I'm hoping to hear.

• Like 3

A new album, hmm i don't think it will be near as good as Appettite or Lies or Illusions, many bands/songwriter has a certain amount of great songs they make, and then they can never quite make as good songs as before, we have seen it with a ton of bands etc.

On 28.4.2017 at 11:45 PM, downzy said:

if we don't hear anything from the band that indicates plans to release new material by the end of the year, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

I don't understand this thinking. There is no deadline. Easy to try and apply logic and give it a year, but there are many factors that can't be ignored like the fact they are still in touring mode, there's Angus, and Axl wants to write fresh material on top of that.

It's just not realistic to lose hope before another decade has passed.

Edit: plus you know Axl was finishing up CD ll with Pitman in 2015. Shit changed. The semi reunion restarted the whole thing. I believe Axl when he says he wants to release more music, I see the excitement in his eyes when Slash is noodling but not soon is more than just a year or two and just because they maybe won't talk about it or there will be no indication to us in a year from now, doesn't mean it won't happen eventually. I remember you silent years.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

On 4/27/2017 at 9:48 PM, -W.A.R- said:

unless Axl has changed his ways of making music, i can see the whole thing coming apart when they get in the studio.

I hope that doesn't happen but i know Slash isn't gonna sit around for months while Axl fiddles with this and that.

IMO no real artist (which axl is) ever stays the same. they are always moving forward with different types of sound and music. 

also, i highly doubt slash or duff would take part in anything that would take forever to come out or have their sound changed over and over. im guessing theyd have this worked out before recording started

9 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

IMO no real artist (which axl is) ever stays the same. they are always moving forward with different types of sound and music. 

Aerosmith and AC/DC have been making the same music since the 70s, so they are not real artists? Just because an artist always sticks to the same routine, doesn't mean they are not real artists. Boring, sure, but it still makes them real artists.

• Like 1

Real artists release their art when it's ready. Axl is a musician in a highly commercial hard rock band and he still wants to make money which is made mainly through touring your ass off these days.

Real artists could still pilot flying pianos and when there's time to work on incorporating Slash and Duff, I think Axl will try. I still see no reason to question Axl's integrity as a copy/paster.  He has yet to release a shit album imo.

There is no point in promising something he doesn't know he can deliver. He never gave a release date even when he was finishing it up with Pitman in 2015 and the AC/DC thing, if it happens before a potential Guns album could get Axl in the mood.

1. he worked on finishing CD ll and was confident enough in it's quality and then forced Slash and Duff to listen to it. This is good.

2. the catalog is tiny and Axl is aware and seems to give a fuck.

3. only a dumb individual would believe Axl will not try to incorporate Slash and doesn't want the recognition from his audience when it comes to a true Guns album and a good sized catalog.

Edited by Rovim