Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Sorry, i didn't mean about the content of the material, but the process of creating and recording the material.  It's been almost a decade since I last read Slash's book so my memory might be off, but I recall Slash's issue with Axl during the mid 90s had more to do with how long the next album was going to take and how difficult Slash perceived working with Axl was at that time.  Not that Slash doesn't view his composition as high art, but he's not one to revisit and tinker.  He prefers to write, record, and release in a short period of time.  Axl operates very differently, almost in direct opposition.  I don't see why this dynamic would be any different this time around.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe with Slash and some of his old buddies Axl will have a little more confidence in the material that he doesn't feel the need to re-record different parts many times over.  If Axl isn't able or willing to be a little more publicly prolific, I don't see Slash sticking around with GNR to release new material when he's got his own band ready to go.  

Again, just my opinion.  

And therein lies the reason why a new Guns album from this lineup is every bit as unlikely as the band putting out CD2 featuring Ron and Dj. 

Axl is impossible, regardless of who's in the band.

18 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Why are you defending them not giving a shit about the GNR fan base?

Defending is not the word. I can accept what I understand. I believe the art still comes first for Axl. But he can't ignore important shit just to deliver an album as quickly as possible to the fans and do full reunion shows.

- AC/DC is important to Axl, one of his wildest dreams probably, it's unrealistic to expect him to not collaborate when Angus is ready.

- Guns must successfully finish this tour. The demand is too high, and even without the money it's good for them to play together after all these years.

- Axl seems happy with this line up and wants to keep Fortus and Frank in the band. It will be shitty of him to get rid of them just to do a full reunion and I don't blame him for offering DJ to stay. Just shows how loyal he is as a band member.

- A Guns album must meet Axl's high standard of quality, so it's gonna take a long time and these types of artists must be given enough time to realize their artistic vision. Band members doing solo projects in the mean time is perfectly understandable.

So what's the issue here? Towelie is not getting what he wants and doesn't like it. Bitch cry some more, It will surely help.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Of course there is no official deadline, it's simply my own speculation.  They may very well wrap up the Europe and North American tour, take six months off and then start the recording process.  There's always that possibility.  I'm just thinking out loud as to what's probable.  If Slash and company are largely doing this for the money (and I've seen very little indication that there aren't more believable explanations), I can't see them sticking around for another year or two to release another album.  GNR works on a very different time frame, one that doesn't gel with Slash who likes to write, record, and publish in a short time period.  For those who haven't noticed, GNR hasn't been a great platform for those looking to release new music.  

Again, I think this has less to do with Axl and more to do with how guys like Slash and Duff scratch their creative itch.  Maybe they're down for re-recording guitar and bass parts on an almost finished GNR album that Axl has in the can?  Maybe they would be up for adding a few of their own songs, so long as they speak to Axl at that particular time.  Or maybe they see their own bands as a better fit to pursue new music opportunities.  By the time this tour ends they'll certainly have the money to do whatever they want. 

My guess is Slash and Duff are not going anywhere after this tour is over. I also think they are willing to be guns for hire in a way now. Filling in Axl's blanks with their own side projects/bands.

It's possible for everyone to have it all now. Slash will never leave Guns again imo. Duff won't leave cause it takes years for Axl to release Guns music. It's all speculation of course, but before the reunion, Slash had his Conspirators and now Slash has that plus Gn'R money and he can play stadiums whenever Axl wants to make more money and also maybe one day to be featured on a Guns album again. I think he wants that but it's not a deal breaker.

Slash and Duff seem supportive, like going to see Axl doing his thing with Angus, saying they like CD ll, etc. Maybe they value what they have now enough to not fuck it up by quitting or pressuring Axl to release his art quickly.

It's not just about the money. They want to be there, if it was up to them they would have entered a studio as soon as possible, and it's not just about the money for Axl. The time is right for touring right now, it's too early to accuse anyone of not being an artist.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Defending is not the word. I can accept what I understand. I believe the art still comes first for Axl. But he can't ignore important shit just to deliver an album as quickly as possible to the fans and do full reunion shows.

- AC/DC is important to Axl, one of his wildest dreams probably, it's unrealistic to expect him to not collaborate when Angus is ready.

- Guns must successfully finish this tour. The demand is too high, and even without the money it's good for them to play together after all these years.

- Axl seems happy with this line up and wants to keep Fortus and Frank in the band. It will be shitty of him to get rid of them just to do a full reunion and I don't blame him for offering DJ to stay. Just shows how loyal he is as a band member.

- A Guns album must meet Axl's high standard of quality, so it's gonna take a long time and these types of artists must be given enough time to realize their artistic vision. Band members doing solo projects in the mean time is perfectly understandable.

So what's the issue here? Towelie is not getting what he wants and doesn't like it. Bitch cry some more, It will surely help.

Lol. Just as delusional as ever, I see Rovim.

How is Axl talking the time to "realize his artistic vision" when the band haven't even set foot in a recording studio together yet? 

There is no artistic vision you muppet, just a porky washed up 80s has been who milks past glories year in, year out.

14 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Lol. Just as delusional as ever, I see Rovim.

How is Axl talking the time to "realize his artistic vision" when the band haven't even set foot in a recording studio together yet? 

There is no artistic vision you muppet, just a porky washed up 80s has been who milks past glories year in, year out.

Time to tour now, Axl likes Angus, Axl takes his sweet time in the studio. None of this shit means "there is no artistic vision". If there is nothing, what did Axl play Slash and Duff? we got a video clip showing Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank trying out new ideas. There will be a time when they will probably try to combine their musical vision.

If they don't set foot in a Gn'R studio and it's 2020 then I'll start with the complaints. For now it just comes off as silly to be honest.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

- A Guns album must meet Axl's high standard of quality, so it's gonna take a long time and these types of artists must be given enough time to realize their artistic vision.

its insane how you still believe in this nonsense after the release of axl solo album like nearly a decade ago!

that thing has very, very low standards of quality

• Like 3

6 hours ago, downzy said:

Sorry, i didn't mean about the content of the material, but the process of creating and recording the material.  It's been almost a decade since I last read Slash's book so my memory might be off, but I recall Slash's issue with Axl during the mid 90s had more to do with how long the next album was going to take and how difficult Slash perceived working with Axl was at that time.  Not that Slash doesn't view his composition as high art, but he's not one to revisit and tinker.  He prefers to write, record, and release in a short period of time.  Axl operates very differently, almost in direct opposition.  I don't see why this dynamic would be any different this time around.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe with Slash and some of his old buddies Axl will have a little more confidence in the material that he doesn't feel the need to re-record different parts many times over.  If Axl isn't able or willing to be a little more publicly prolific, I don't see Slash sticking around with GNR to release new material when he's got his own band ready to go.  

Again, just my opinion.  

apparently axl doesnt really operate like that

apparently axl CHOSE to operate like after 1990

nothing indicates that axl was like that pre-1990

nothing indicates that axl wasted so much time, effort and whatnot to write and record songs pre-1990

for anyone (his bandmates, his friends, his record company, or his fans) to "accept" this "modus operandi" as something "innerent" to axl or something that axl is "forced to live with" or something that "he has to go through" sounds and looks like utter non-sense

apparently all axl needs to do is SNAP OUT OF IT -- the sooner the better

he's done it before

and like any other person in the planet he can go back to do it the "simple way"

apparently the reason that drives axl to do what he does is because HE CAN

you know what this looks like?

it looks to me that everytime Axl SLOW THINGS DOWN AS MUCH AS HE PLEASES, everytime that HE DOESNT SHOW UP ON REHEARSALS, ETC when everyone is there, to me it is pretty clear that what axl is doing is showing himself and the world that HE CAN DO IT, because he is axl rose, because he has power to do it, nd there is nothing no one can do to change it

thats it, a vulgar display of power

if you ask me, a sad and pathetic one

thats why axl doesnt want to have izzy as an equal, he knows izzy is the one who wont put up with this nonsense

• Like 1

I can already see where this is going. Largest and longest Rock Festival tour ever.  2 day festival GnR and AC/CD taking turns heading lining each night with about 30 other bands.  Fans get to see and hear Axl 2 nights n row in 2 different bands with band new material from both. tickets start at $1,000

I have no idea what to think about the possibility of a new album.  But saying there was one, one of the plausible theories is that Slash and Duff work on Axls pre existing songs.  We know that Axl and Pitman were busy in studio in 2015.  So, in this theory it might make sense that the tracks are ones being worked on in 2015.  But then I wonder about how Pitmans contributions figure in after the unpleasant parting of ways?

Not only from a PR place.  Not even just from Axls position.  But do people remember the rumour/insider story about when Pitman showed up to rehearsal after FB melt down, that Duff threw him up against the wall and yelled at him?  

No idea if that was true.  Also remember mainly reading that in a different forum, not sure if it was discussed here?

1 minute ago, soon said:

But then I wonder about how Pitmans contributions figure in after the unpleasant parting of ways?

I don't think that would hold anything up.  Even if Pitman is given a songwriting credit, I think it's up to Axl whether the song gets published or not.  I would assume a lot of this gets covered in whatever contract each band member signs.  It would likely cover musical contributions with respect to ownership, distribution, and final say (i.e. Axl's).  A lot of musicians have this kind of arrangement, most famously Ozzy Osbourne.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't think that would hold anything up.  Even if Pitman is given a songwriting credit, I think it's up to Axl whether the song gets published or not.  I would assume a lot of this gets covered in whatever contract each band member signs.  It would likely cover musical contributions with respect to ownership, distribution, and final say (i.e. Axl's).  A lot of musicians have this kind of arrangement, most famously Ozzy Osbourne.  

For sure.  I get that.  I was more speaking to if people would want to use his material or if the whole thing left a bad taste in their mouths.  Like if that event with Duff actually took place would Duff see Pitmans work Like Slash saw Pauls?

If I were to guess I think they would use Pitmans contributions if thats what it took to do an album with out any friction.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

For sure.  I get that.  I was more speaking to if people would want to use his material or if the whole thing left a bad taste in their mouths.  Like if that event with Duff actually took place would Duff see Pitmans work Like Slash saw Pauls?

If I were to guess I think they would use Pitmans contributions if thats what it took to do an album with out any friction.

Again, just speculation on my part, but I think Axl is more loyal to the music than he is to a sorely departed former member.  If he absolutely loves a tune that was the product of a songwriting/recording session with Pitman and himself, I'd like to think he'd still use it.  I suppose this belief is predicated on how he still included some of Buckethead's compositions in Chinese Democracy despite the fact that he didn't think much of Buckethead personally for the way he abandoned himself and the band.  

Just to reiterate, just my own speculation.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, soon said:

I have no idea what to think about the possibility of a new album.  But saying there was one, one of the plausible theories is that Slash and Duff work on Axls pre existing songs.  We know that Axl and Pitman were busy in studio in 2015.  So, in this theory it might make sense that the tracks are ones being worked on in 2015.  But then I wonder about how Pitmans contributions figure in after the unpleasant parting of ways?

Not only from a PR place.  Not even just from Axls position.  But do people remember the rumour/insider story about when Pitman showed up to rehearsal after FB melt down, that Duff threw him up against the wall and yelled at him?  

No idea if that was true.  Also remember mainly reading that in a different forum, not sure if it was discussed here?

If I understand correctly, the members from the Nu era can't hold up a new album as they were paid for their work with it being in their contract that it is now Axl's- I don't think they even make royalities if new music was released and I don't believe that the band members on CD get royalties. The way this is legal is because they were paid on those yearly contracts. I remember reading this somewhere but if this was a rumor or just false feel free to correct me.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If I understand correctly, the members from the Nu era can't hold up a new album as they were paid for their work with it being in their contract that it is now Axl's- I don't think they even make royalities if new music was released and I don't believe that the band members on CD get royalties. The way this is legal is because they were paid on those yearly contracts. I remember reading this somewhere but if this was a rumor or just false feel free to correct me.

I wasnt intending to speak to legalities.  Just, if duff hates the guy, would that be a factor?  Or would PR people whisper to them to make other choices?  That kinda stuff.  And Im just thinking though the tidbits of info we have, I dont mean to say this is what i think.

14 minutes ago, soon said:

I wasnt intending to speak to legalities.  Just, if duff hates the guy, would that be a factor?  Or would PR people whisper to them to make other choices?  That kinda stuff.  And Im just thinking though the tidbits of info we have, I dont mean to say this is what i think.

We don't know if the Duff-Pitman "fight" even happened. That is an interesting point however. I do agree with what Downzy said that Axl will want to keep his vision and would use parts from departed musicians of the art of the music. However if Duff expresses personal disinterest in Pitman's playing on the album (assuming Axl gives Slash and Duff complete leverage to CDII which is a debate in itself) I don't think we'll have another Paul incident. Most likely, I could see Melissa replacing Pitman's parts ala Frank/Bumble 2006.

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

We don't know if the Duff-Pitman "fight" even happened. That is an interesting point however. I do agree with what Downzy said that Axl will want to keep his vision and would use parts from departed musicians of the art of the music. However if Duff expresses personal disinterest in Pitman's playing on the album (assuming Axl gives Slash and Duff complete leverage to CDII which is a debate in itself) I don't think we'll have another Paul incident. Most likely, I could see Melissa replacing Pitman's parts ala Frank/Bumble 2006.

I think what you and Downzy are putting forward is very likely how it would play out, of this scenario were/is real world.  I would imagine that Duff and Slash are offered some leverage but wouldn't really invoke it ever, in interest of keeping things moving in a positive way.  

• Like 1