Strong Rumor: From Australian news source: Guns N' Roses currently working on new album

41 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I'd say.  If he was working on Conspirators material I'm sure Kennedy would have mentioned it.  The fact that that he immediately referenced Guns would make one assume that Slash is focused on Guns N' Roses.

It just might mean they're gonna keep tacking on new legs of the NITL tour, as long as it's selling well, and financially it makes sense for Slash to stay on board.  We've all heard rumors of an arena run in the states this coming fall.  Maybe that's all this means?

I want to believe there's plans for new GNR music, but until we hear something concrete...

Edited by sofine11

8 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

This is absolutely ridiculous...fuck these "journalists" who read these forums to get a quick click bait article to meet their quotas. I know your reading this guys, so knock it off. 

• Like 3

And just think, if Axl and management didn't slap a gag order/interview embargo on Slash & Duff we might just have some clarity as to where things go from here.

God fucking forbid. <_<

32 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This is absolutely ridiculous...fuck these "journalists" who read these forums to get a quick click bait article to meet their quotas. I know your reading this guys, so knock it off. 

Yeah I think it stems from previous rumors that were initially reported here ended up becoming true.   The reunion for one....and we  figured out/leaked the secret Troubador show days before it happened or anyone else figured it out.  

48 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Brett Buchanan's school of journalism :facepalm:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

I guess I need to bold and underline the word speculation whenever I give my opinion.

It's insane that news outlets are using my posts as a source.  

I don't understand how they could look at this as news... In that post it's very clear that you are speculating.
One would think that the part where you write "If I had to guess (not based on any information passed along from me)" would be impossible to misinterpret.

I am actually shocked at this so-called journalism. :wacko:

• Like 1

If Slash is already at work on the future of his Conspirators band, there's no hope for a future for GnR after this tour.  I'd love to be surprised by even a new single, but the future looks very bleak for this band.

9 minutes ago, vloors said:

@downzy

Heres another junk "news site" copying things off what people say in a forum and claiming its legit news.

Would it be a idea to lock the forum for members only? 

http://www.alternativenation.net/money-reportedly-delayed-new-guns-n-roses-album/

Not a solution because they can create account or already have them.

21 hours ago, downzy said:

The only information that has ever been provided to me to pass along to the forum was that Axl wasn't going to appear on Kimmel last year.  I guess because this forum was the first place to report Axl not appearing while others who claim to be close to the band were stating the opposite makes some to wrongly believe that this forum, and I suppose myself, as some sort of conduit to the inner workings of the band and the business. 

But let me be clear: I'm just a guy living in Toronto working two jobs that owns a GNR fan website. I have no formal or informal connections with the band or anyone in it.  I do not in any way consider myself an "insider" nor has it ever been my goal to be one. I'm told crumbs of information, most of which I keep to myself because it's not my place to disclose business that isn't my own. I have no interest to insert myself into the affairs of the band and only ever give an opinion that is based on my own speculation and not on any information I happen to come across (otherwise I wouldn't give it). 

I suppose my mistake here was my attempt to correct the notion that Axl stopped caring or working on new music years ago.  The fact that this attempt was picked up as news is absurd and a sad indictment of "journalistic" standards in some corners of the internet.  I'm very frustrated that I can't help correct a misconception without it being reported as news.  But I guess this is the world we live in and I'll have to be more careful next time.

You can't worry about what someone reports or doesn't report or how they make it come across. You're just a fan like the rest of us, if they want a story they would have found it somewhere else too. 

Im just surprised TB doesn't get in touch with you more often to help out. This is their biggest space for GNR fans to gather and they try to pretend it doesn't exist. 

I didn't read every reply, so this might be covered, but if there is anything "new" it would be 1 or 2 token tracks to be packaged with the 30th AFD.  It's jaded, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a regular 30th release to be followed later by ANOTHER with a new track (That would probably be a remastered old track like "Ain't going down" or "Shadow of your love" instead of true *NEW* music)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

I didn't read every reply, so this might be covered, but if there is anything "new" it would be 1 or 2 token tracks to be packaged with the 30th AFD.  It's jaded, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a regular 30th release to be followed later by ANOTHER with a new track (That would probably be a remastered old track like "Ain't going down" or "Shadow of your love" instead of true *NEW* music)

I'm thinking we may get a few new songs on a 30th release as well. I don't really see a complete album at first.

Miles saying Slash is concentrating on GnR and Slash being in a recording studio are good signs.

On 03/05/2017 at 7:17 PM, vloors said:

@downzy

Heres another junk "news site" copying things off what people say in a forum and claiming its legit news.

Would it be a idea to lock the forum for members only? 

http://www.alternativenation.net/money-reportedly-delayed-new-guns-n-roses-album/

Only if the forum wants to lose a lot of traffic. I don't think that has worked out to well for that other site (since we don't hear anything about it these days).

Edited by MADDOGJONES
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2017 at 1:04 AM, IncitingChaos said:

You can't worry about what someone reports or doesn't report or how they make it come across. You're just a fan like the rest of us, if they want a story they would have found it somewhere else too. 

Im just surprised TB doesn't get in touch with you more often to help out. This is their biggest space for GNR fans to gather and they try to pretend it doesn't exist. 

It blows my mind How TB are Guns n roses management is beyond me. Im thinking slash and duff must be thinking the same thing. Does beta know about music law and how to read a contract, how would a record company feel about negotiating millions of dollars on a band when their "manager' was axl's nanny?. It would feel insulting to the record company....i mean when negotiating a contract with beta , who has no music knowledge has no industry experience, i mean where would you start. :facepalm:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

It blows my mind How TB are Guns n roses management is beyond me. Im thinking slash and duff must be thinking the same thing. Does beta know about music law and how to read a contract, how would a record company feel about negotiating millions of dollars on a band when their "manager' was axl's nanny?. It would feel insulting to the record company....i mean when negotiating a contract with beta , who has no music knowledge has no industry experience, i mean where would you start. :facepalm:

I wonder what other bands TB manages (since they are so good)?

10 minutes ago, Original said:

I wonder what other bands TB manages (since they are so good)?

They can be good and just manage Gn'R or be good at only managing Axl cause they know him. In any case, seems to be working well for Axl and Gn'R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

They don't need this forum's help.  The hardcore online fanbase is such a small percentage of fans who buy tickets, merch, and albums that it's really not worth their time to worry about us.   It was different ten years ago when they had no real online presence, no fan club, and the hardcore fanbase was needed to push concerts and new material.  But we live in a different time when the band is selling almost a quarter of a billion dollars worth of tickets and this forum, the largest by far, may represent 1 percent of concert going fans.  We get on average 100k unique visitors a month, which sounds like a lot and I'd wager this is more than all other GNR forums combined.  But to put that into context, that's about the same amount of people that attend two (maybe three) GNR concerts.  So it is what its.

If Duff and Slash had such an issue with TB managing the band, I don't see why they'd rejoin.  

You might want to first understand what a manager does before attacking Beta or Fernando.  Contract negotiations aren't usually done by artist management save for monetary demands and broader terms.  Most artists like Axl/GNR would depend on a lawyer or legal team to handle the nitty gritty of contract negotiations.  

I really don't get this attitude towards TB.  They've been with Axl for over two decades and if you think they've kept their heads in the sand not learning anything about the music industry you're nuts.  

Since TB took over management the band has only released a live DVD and oversaw the biggest tour of 2016.  I'm sure mistakes have been made (cough, Nightrain), but let's not gloss over their successes.  

Not sure if you've met too many A&R guys, but I wouldn't be too worried about insulting them...  

Since TB took over management the band has only released a live DVD and oversaw the biggest tour of 2016 ,

Sorry downzy but that was going to happen no matter who was managing the band, and thats due to us fans for making it happen nothing to do with TB. Although to their credit probably keeping the wheels together. To me it was duff who was responsible to build the bridge again between axl and slash i dont why TB couldnt build that bridge earlier if they supposedly have axls best interest at heart?. Sorry downzy im not trying to sound like a prick.

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Since TB took over management the band has only released a live DVD and oversaw the biggest tour of 2016 ,

Sorry downzy but that was going to happen no matter who was managing the band, and thats due to us fans for making it happen nothing to do with TB. Although to their credit probably keeping the wheels together. To me it was duff who was responsible to build the bridge again between axl and slash i dont why TB couldnt build that bridge earlier if they supposedly have axls best interest at heart?. Sorry downzy im not trying to sound like a prick.

What basis are you making the claim that the reunion was going to happen regardless of management?  

GNR has been managed by some of the most pre-eminent music managers in the industry (including the biggest name in artist management, Irving Azoff), and none of them got Axl to agree to a reunion.  I'm not saying that any one person deserves the credit, but to suggest that Duff is solely responsible is absurd.  

Axl trusts and has a lot of faith in Beta and Fernando.  I would suspect that Axl might not have been as agreeable if he had a management team that he felt wasn't working with his best interests in mind.  On that basis alone TB deserves a lot of credit if seeing Axl, Slash, and Duff share a stage again was important to you.  

• Like 1