Axl's been registering trademarks again!

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Overall, this just sounds like a list of crazy over priced things that will be offered through their website as the year goes on. Bummer overall, but it is what it is.

Yup. Then again, maybe this is just the merch to go with Axl's solo record 'W.A.R.'? Wishful thinking :P

• Like 1

The Pat Boone Debbie Boone - WAR martini, coke on the rim, garnished with poodle hair

Vickey's Dysfunction - blend of WAR and Night Train De'Canter-ed into pizza boxes

Bubbles - shot of WAR in club soda, garnished with bologna 

Get in the Ring - a shot of WAR drank out of an oversized, limited edition, onyx, lapis lazuli, Axl Rose designed ring

Shacklers Revenge - shot of WAR with cod liver oil and Metamucil 

Ghost of Pride - Axl is selling tea cozies (yiiiiiiissssss)

I'll see myself out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

This stuff makes my eyes roll and if Axl wanted to exploit his name, he would've done well to do so a decade ago but...

How do you make money in the music industry?

1. Touring
  2. Clothing Lines
  3. Sponsorships
  4. Ads
  5. ......
  6. ....
  7. ...
  8. ..
  9. .
  10. Music

The name is valuable now. Before, the brand was damaged goods. 

This isn't a bad thing. They should have done this years ago. They've lost so much money in missed opportunities over the past 2 decades.

It looks like he is going to release his own clothing line :shrugs:

Ashba influenced him big! :lol:

The other thing about lunch boxes, I don't know what to think about that... Sounds like catering gear but it is odd he would commercialize that stuff.

We are all very naive to think this guy is going to keep making music :facepalm:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

If Axl comes out with his own tequila (I wouldn't be surprised - I know he has a huge collection already), I'm going to buy and drink the hell out of it.

Have you seen his collection? How huge is it? Paul huge huge? :) Can't wait to get to Mexico and sample some of the real stuff.

Probably worth pointing out that just because a lot of categories are listed doesn't mean they will be producing things from those categories. This might just be about Tequila but I think legally individuals/companies try to trademark in many categories to prevent others using the name on unrelated stuff.

I wouldn't be too bothered about him creating his own brand of favourite drink as long as it was decent stuff worth the inevitable high price. Just don't stick some generic crap in a bottle with a high price tag. It's possible it won't obviously be his brand - to most people WAR could mean anything unless they use his image on the bottle. 

• Like 2

The most interesting thing about this, is the fact that it's the first time Axl's releasing something with his own name and it's not GNR related. Could it be that he's planning on releasing his autobiography finally and this is related to that. The timing would certainly be perfect for an autobiography. Imagine the hype, if Axl would finally tell his side of the story and then a new GNR album would be released and a new AC/DC album soon after. GNR could become the biggest rock band in the world, if they'd play all their cards right. That's wishful thinking of course, but damn this band has so much potential.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Mate, if you could make a few bob out of dandruff Axl Rose'd be shaking his head over his cupped hand right now.

If he is so desperate for money I'd lend him a fiver. I tell a lie actually as the wanker owes me £50 for stranding me in the Toon at four-in-the-morning.

• Like 1