Axl's been registering trademarks again!

2 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

GNR could become the biggest rock band in the world, if they'd play all their cards right. That's wishful thinking of course, but damn this band has so much potential.

Been there...done that.  Ship has sailed.  They will never be the 'biggest band in the world' again.  But- they can still kick ass live. 

10 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He is not the only one doing this, I just saw an ad for Ozzy' s Solar Red wine limited edition. 

I don't see anything wrong with it and I would buy some of Axl's tequila. ??

How said BUMBLEFOOt AXL judge most harshnn

• Like 1

stop the presses! axl files new trademarks! wait this just comes in.... for clothing like swimwear and tank tops.....and lingerie....

*tumbleweed gif*

axl found a new market opportunity, cos who needs a new album when you can buy a whole shopping store or AXL themed underwear.

hope he doesn't tinker too much with the design and the accessories, before i'll grow to fat to fit in any swimsuit.

take me down to the clothing store where the socks are cheap and the discounts are pretty

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He is not the only one doing this, I just saw an ad for Ozzy' s Solar Red wine limited edition. 

I don't see anything wrong with it and I would buy some of Axl's tequila. ??

I'd buy it too.  And I'd shake my head in disbelief of Axls decision-making as I sipped it.

As a stand alone thing, I have no issue with everyone having a booze line. Its fun.  Its just in context for me; Ozzy is an active artist and entertainer.  and always is.  He finished the Sabbath reunion and announced he's heading into make new solo album (plus sabbath released a new album with reunion tour).  Cool as it is to have the GNR regrouping going strong, in the larger context of Axl's output, this just seems funny, like 'this is what he's doing with his time?!' 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, soon said:

I'd buy it too.  And I'd shake my head in disbelief of Axls decision-making as I sipped it.

As a stand alone thing, I have no issue with everyone having a booze line. Its fun.  Its just in context for me; Ozzy is an active artist and entertainer.  and always is.  He finished the Sabbath reunion and announced he's heading into make new solo album (plus sabbath released a new album with reunion tour).  Cool as it is to have the GNR regrouping going strong, in the larger context of Axl's output, this just seems funny, like 'this is what he's doing with his time?!' 

he seems more productive than ever, lead vocalist in two great bands and now this, why not take advantage? 

btw Axl, it would be very cool if you donated a percentage to local animal shelters :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's a savvy business move. what's the harm? *shrugs*

I guess the prevailing mentality thing is that this kind of exploitative commerciality is kinda in conflict with notions of art and artistry.  Which I see the point of I guess but it's the way of the world now and further goes to corroborate my long held belief that these guys are about as much artists as I am a lion tamer.

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I guess the prevailing mentality thing is that this kind of exploitative commerciality is kinda in conflict with notions of art and artistry.  Which I see the point of I guess but it's the way of the world now and further goes to corroborate my long held belief that these guys are about as much artists as I am a lion tamer.

i'd pay more to see you as a lion tamer! :D

actually we elderly need to watch our pennies, so he's smart to cater to the youngsters :P

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Yes, I imagine there's a degree of entertainment value in watching a 33 yr old asian get eaten alive by a big fuck off Lion :lol: 

would it be crude to say he'd want another after 30 minutes? *hides* :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's a savvy business move. what's the harm? *shrugs*

It's just a bit of slap in the face. It seems like rather than making new music (or just releasing some) during the break he'd rather sell tequila and 'W.A.R' merch.

1 minute ago, MrSoftie said:

It's just a bit of slap in the face. It seems like rather than making new music (or just releasing some) during the break he'd rather sell tequila and 'W.A.R' merch.

i think he has "staff" that does the actual merchandising. maybe he has writer's block, we don't know what's going on with the music. maybe he has tons of new stuff but is waiting to release it at whatever time those in the know deem it most profitable?

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i think he has "staff" that does the actual merchandising. maybe he has writer's block, we don't know what's going on with the music. maybe he has tons of new stuff but is waiting to release it at whatever time those in the know deem it most profitable?

Oh I know. No doubt he has his lawyers submitting the trademark applications, and staff designing and working on this stuff, but at the end of the day he's the one signing off on it. And after 9 years of "new music soon" I think it's safe to assume it's not actually Axl's #1 priority.

11 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Oh I know. No doubt he has his lawyers submitting the trademark applications, and staff designing and working on this stuff, but at the end of the day he's the one signing off on it. And after 9 years of "new music soon" I think it's safe to assume it's not actually Axl's #1 priority.

yes but after nine years he's showing progress IMO. and not in  manufacturing bathing suits. as i said he may have lots of new music but Axl is not going to toss out anythnig he does not deem Axlworthy  (CD fans cover your eyes. ) maybe he needs Slash, throw Angus in there and new music very well might be on they way, you never know. i just don't think it's right to judge someone for branching out. it's his life. if he chooses to mediate for the next 10 years on top of Mt. Everest i would not be happy but it's his life. i think it's pretty safe to say most of us want new music but he's the artist and in the end his choicewhen or if he can produce more. he has no obligation to accede to the will of his fans. true blue fans are happy he's given us what he has. hell he has fulfilled dreams i never thought would happen! but that is JMO...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose