The True Story Behind Back off Bitch!

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

This week I'm taking a look at Back off Bitch. I always loved slash's guitar playing on this one. 

I think I only found out like last year that Izzy is playing the intro and not Slash. Wish they would play it live again, it beats out other rockers that they do play like My Michelle, Better or DTJ. Just another cool song they could play instead of the fucking Seeker. Hope that nightmare ends after they successfully summoned the who this September by playing it every show like a ritual.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J Dog said:

I know a lot of people don't seem to like it, but I've always dug it. Not saying it's fucking Locomotive or anything, but it's just a mean, straight ahead song.

yeah i agree. It definitely sounds like a song that could have been on appetite as well. 

1 hour ago, sidman69 said:

yeah i agree. It definitely sounds like a song that could have been on appetite as well. 

Along with You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry it could have been but they kept the 3 along with Nov Rain for the next record and did fast version of You're Crazy and reoworked My Way Your Way by Hollywood Rose into Anything Goes instead. 

1 hour ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Along with You Could Be Mine and Don't Cry it could have been but they kept the 3 along with Nov Rain for the next record and did fast version of You're Crazy and reoworked My Way Your Way by Hollywood Rose into Anything Goes instead. 

AND Perfect Crime, The Garden and Bad Obsession were held off too

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I'm 50/50 on this song. The riff is just "okay" and let's not even start on the lyrics, but on the other hand Slash's solo is one of the best he's ever done.

The intro, the verse riff and Slashs solo all add up to a great song to me. Chorus is "okay" but it doesn't bother me just like it doesn't bother me in Breakdown, both still killer songs. I actually like the lyrics, there have been much worse ones (Anything Goes, Its so easy). But GNR is the wrong band to complain about lyrics, this band was made up of gutter rats.

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

The intro, the verse riff and Slashs solo all add up to a great song to me. Chorus is "okay" but it doesn't bother me just like it doesn't bother me in Breakdown, both still killer songs. I actually like the lyrics, there have been much worse ones (Anything Goes, Its so easy). But GNR is the wrong band to complain about lyrics, this band was made up of gutter rats.

There are worse lyrics, definitely. I just find the combination of lyrics and vocal melodies in this song to be mediocre and unmemorable. Slash's solo and those breaks after the chorus more than make up for it though.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 11:03 AM, sidman69 said:

This week I'm taking a look at Back off Bitch. I always loved slash's guitar playing on this one. 

this is a pretty efficient compilation of "known facts" about this song

you would be more "thruthful" to the people who watch your videos (the so called "GNR community") if you renamed them to "what is known of" or "what we know about"

"true story"?

far, really far from that

===

fast example...

no one knows what songs GNR played on every GNR show

there are a LOT of shows that went undocumented

A LOT

to say that this song was played "xx times" as if it was a "fact" is NONSENSE

to spread nonsense as "true story" is a disservice your audience -- the so called "GNR community" and whoever else watch them

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love this song. I just figure Axl is singing about some crazy ex girlfriend of his or maybe Slash's ex or Duff's?

Either way, I love this song. I know it's not correct to call a woman a bitch, but sometimes the word fits. lol

Like they say, if the shoe fits wear it..?

Being female, the word doesn't offend me. I have always been able to get along better with men than women, and as much as I hate to say it, it is because most women are quite bitchy and I refuse to be that way, unless someone really does something to deserve it. And even then, if it is a male, I have a hard time being a bitch to them....?

I have always loved this song. ?

4 hours ago, ludurigan said:

this is a pretty efficient compilation of "known facts" about this song

you would be more "thruthful" to the people who watch your videos (the so called "GNR community") if you renamed them to "what is known of" or "what we know about"

"true story"?

far, really far from that

===

fast example...

no one knows what songs GNR played on every GNR show

there are a LOT of shows that went undocumented

A LOT

to say that this song was played "xx times" as if it was a "fact" is NONSENSE

to spread nonsense as "true story" is a disservice your audience -- the so called "GNR community" and whoever else watch them

Jesus dude ever tried relaxing? Take a break, you'll do yourself (and us, especially us) a big favor :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AslatIE said:

Jesus dude ever tried relaxing? Take a break, you'll do yourself (and us, especially us) a big favor :D

oh yeah, thanks for the advice, actually relaxing is my favourite thing to do, thats why i come here in this forum, i get really relaxed when i read nonsense about my favorite band!

and i get even more relaxed when someone tells me to relax after reading my posts!

thanks!

59 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

oh yeah, thanks for the advice, actually relaxing is my favourite thing to do, thats why i come here in this forum, i get really relaxed when i read nonsense about my favorite band!

and i get even more relaxed when someone tells me to relax after reading my posts!

thanks!

Glad I could help :D

• Like 1