Unpopular GnR songs that you like?

Silkworms 

Great synth intro, heavy chorus..

Oh My God

It seems popular among the die hard fans... but not so popular among the other fans

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ironmt said:

I like Shotgun Blues and Anything Goes which seems to be most peoples least favorite songs.

I also think they both get abit of unnecessary flak. Anything Goes is a really well crafted song, i really like 70's cop show type intro. It's just a level below an album full of brilliant rock songs but not a shit song by any means.

Garden of Eden doesn't seem to get a hell of alot of love, i think it's great.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

I also think they both get abit of unnecessary flak. Anything Goes is a really well crafted song, i really like 70's cop show type intro. It's just a level below an album full of brilliant rock songs but not a shit song by any means.

Garden of Eden doesn't seem to get a hell of alot of love, i think it's great.

I agree, Garden Of Eden Is a good tune.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RONIN said:

What are your GnR guilty pleasures?

The two GnR songs I listen to most these days are covers: Aint it Fun and Sympathy for the Devil. #3 would be "Since I Don't Have You". :o:smiley-confused2:

I honestly don't believe in guilty pleasures when it comes to art, but I get your drift overall. 

My honest answer is:

All of Chinese Democracy (except CitR) 

and Oh My God

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I honestly don't believe in guilty pleasures when it comes to art, but I get your drift overall. 

My honest answer is:

and Oh My God

CitR is like the best song on the album though

• Like 1

Hair of the dog, locomotive

I dont know how "actually" popular is sftd  ( i mean, the song sounded a lot back then and the movie was sooo popular) .. However , popular or not, that would be my first choice.  I f..kin looove gnr sftd version.  ( waayy better and powerfull than any other, and 10 times better than the original).  

I like Oh My God and all of CD (aside from Riad).

Since I Don't Have You is pretty good, even though I don't listen to it too often it's still a got great vocals and Slash's tone. :drool:

Bad Apples is one of my favourites from UYI I, I don't see too many people rate it very high so I guess it counts in this thread.

I like their cover of Black Leather, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

My honest answer is:

and Oh My God

Oh My God is amazing. I love that song. I wish we got an album full of rockers like that in the late 90's.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Hair of the dog, locomotive

I dont know how "actually" popular is sftd  ( i mean, the song sounded a lot back then and the movie was sooo popular) .. However , popular or not, that would be my first choice.  I f..kin looove gnr sftd version.  ( waayy better and powerfull than any other, and 10 times better than the original).  

Admitting to liking SFTD here is not going to win you many friends, let's put it that way. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I like Oh My God and all of CD (aside from Riad).

Since I Don't Have You is pretty good, even though I don't listen to it too often it's still a got great vocals and Slash's tone. :drool:

Bad Apples is one of my favourites from UYI I, I don't see too many people rate it very high so I guess it counts in this thread.

I like their cover of Black Leather, too.

Great picks here. Bad Apples is really underrated. Such a great song.

23 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

Rocket Queen

You Could Be Mine

Silkworms

From my point of view, the Jedi are evil.

You forgot OH MY GOD. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Original said:

Ain't it Fun.   Look at Your Gane Girl.   SOD (solo album but great tune).   OIAM (never had a chance to be a mainstream "hit" due to non PC lyrics at the time).   

Look at your game girl is the definition of a guilty pleasure. :lol: I wouldn't have minded more songs in that style to be honest.

OIAM is a legit good song.

Aint it Fun - best cover they've ever done? I think it's leagues better than KOHD and LALD.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Down on the Farm. 

^^^ This. Mockney accent and everything! :lol: (Also, "Baaaaaaaaaaaa...... hold still!" :lol:)

14 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I'm not thinking of it in terms of popularity, I'm thinking of it in terms of social acceptability or whatever

Ah right, got ya.

Edited by bucketfoot