Unpopular GnR songs that you like?

14 Years, Double Talkin Jive, Locomotive, The Garden, Bad Apples, RNDTH, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Back off Bitch, Reckless Life, Move to the City, Breakdown, So Fine, Human Being, Down on the Farm, Aint it fun, Hair of the dog. 

And if we are going to count CD too, I also like most of the first Snakepit album as much as I like CD. 

17 minutes ago, Original said:

Lyrics are fine if it was a rap crap hip hop band  or some alt band.   Bring GnR- they didn't fly (double standard).  

Well, yeah, a white bloke using the word 'n*****s' is always gonna attract a lot of attention though, I suppose. As I say, pretty questionable, as are some of the other lyrics of the song to say the least.

Edited by bucketfoot

23 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Well, yeah, a white bloke using the word 'n*****s' is always gonna attract a lot of attention though, I suppose. As I say, pretty questionable, as are some of the other lyrics of the song to say the least.

What other lyrics?   The (gay slur) has been used (Dire Straits) among others.  The only questionable lyric is the N bomb, although (not sure why) the kids (hip hop) get a free pass (double standard) on that one.    If it were a Madonna or a Gaga or a U2 itd be given a free pass as "art".   

• Like 2

I listen to Cornshucker almost every day. It just puts me in a good mood and gets me a smile on my face. Get In The Ring is my ringtone, and according to Spotifys year end data that was my #2 most listened to song in 2016.:P

And I guess Bad Apples is another one that's not so popular. Musically a Mr Brownstone part 2, Slash and Izzy riffing off, has that classic AFD strut feel, I love the lyrics and Axls vocal delivery and the never ending solo. I play this one on guitar regularly as warmup. I always thought this was an Izzy tune but Slash wrote it almost completely by himself.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

Not really sure what qualifies as an unpopular song...  

If we're talking generally unknown GNR songs or songs that aren't held in high regard to non-fans, it would have to be:

1980s

• Shadow of Your Love (love the energy) 
  • One in A Million (probably my favourite recorded Axl performance).   

1990s

• Don't Damn Me (criminally underrated)
  • Dead Horse (another great vocal recording)
  • Oh My God (The five year wait for a new GNR recording was over; love the drums, Axl's vocals during the chorus and bridge are badass).

2000s

• Madagascar (kind of a forgotten song since it's been around for so long)
  • I.R.S. (love the groove and the chorus).
  • Like 2

I didn't realize there was such a thing as unpopular GNR songs. 

I noticed a couple of people listed songs from Chinese Democracy, which is an album I actually haven't gotten around to listening yet.

Edited by purplestargirl
Left out some words

52 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

I didn't realize there was such a thing as unpopular GNR songs. 

Oh there's a good amount of sub par filler. GNR was never known for batting 100 in the writing department.

Edited by moreblack

3 hours ago, Original said:

What other lyrics?   The (gay slur) has been used (Dire Straits) among others.  The only questionable lyric is the N bomb, although (not sure why) the kids (hip hop) get a free pass (double standard) on that one.    If it were a Madonna or a Gaga or a U2 itd be given a free pass as "art".   

Talking about f*****s spreading "some fucking disease" I'd say is a bit more than a slur, good point about Dire Straits though, the 80's were very different times. :lol:

16 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I love love love Anything goes and I will fight anyone who consider it only a filler on AFD :hahafyou: It's a fucking great song and the Hollywood Rose version rocks so much too.

Great song. "Panties round your knees with your ass in debris" is one of my favourite GN'R lyrics as well. :lol:

• Like 1

Presuming we talk about the general audience that only likes hits and knows only the most famous gnr songs..then here are my songs that should have been massive hits in my opinion

Out to get me

One in a million

Reckless life

14 years

Dont damn me

Dead horse

Dust n bones

Back off bitch

This is love

6 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I listen to Cornshucker almost every day. It just puts me in a good mood and gets me a smile on my face. Get In The Ring is my ringtone, and according to Spotifys year end data that was my #2 most listened to song in 2016.:P

And I guess Bad Apples is another one that's not so popular. Musically a Mr Brownstone part 2, Slash and Izzy riffing off, has that classic AFD strut feel, I love the lyrics and Axls vocal delivery and the never ending solo. I play this one on guitar regularly as warmup. I always thought this was an Izzy tune but Slash wrote it almost completely by himself.

lol i thought I was the only one with GITR as a ringtone