Unpopular GnR songs that you like?

Don't Damn  Me- amazing vocals by Axl and Slash kills the riffs and that solo -damn 

Locomotive- EPIC - lyrics by Slash and Axl - I love this song - Guitar is sick 

Perfect Crime- Meanest song on illusions - Axl kills this one with his bad ass lyrics - opened two shows ive seen them with this one 

for a cover song - Black Leather - pure Metal - chuging riffs and AXL rips the shit out of this song 

I think what is unpopular on the forums and unpopular with casual fans is a slightly different thing.

Based on the former I would say 

Most of CD

Don't Damn Me

Perfect Crime

Ain't it Fun

I also love OIAM, Garden of Eden, Dust & Bones, Locomotive, Dead Horse and Pretty Tied Up but I think all are fairly popular with die hards even with allowances for the dodgy OIAM lyrics.

12 hours ago, RONIN said:

What are your GnR guilty pleasures?

The two GnR songs I listen to most these days are covers: Aint it Fun and Sympathy for the Devil. #3 would be "Since I Don't Have You". :o:smiley-confused2:

no guilty pleasures in GNR!

i like them all (1985-1993) and i love like 90% of them!

:headbang:

• Like 1

I always rather liked 'Bad Apples' also but everybody else seems to hate it. Additionally I've heard people say disdainful things about 'You Ain't the First' which I like. 'Think About You' also - love that. All the Stradlin songs are masterpieces.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I always rather liked 'Bad Apples' also but everybody else seems to hate it. Additionally I've heard people say disdainful things about 'You Ain't the First' which I like. 'Think About You' also - love that. All the Stradlin songs are masterpieces.

Bad Apples is great, an example of Axl actually writing clever lyrics for once in his life.  It seems to be sort of lampooning the LA/Hollywood lifestyle.  Almost like an urban LA version of Parklife.  Thematically I mean.

38 minutes ago, default_ said:

Oh yeah, One in a Million is a hell of a song. Fuck off if you're a pussy and dont stand the lyrics. 

The lyrics are clearly and deliberately racist but its still an amazing song, probably one of the best they've ever made.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, Natty said:

Presuming we talk about the general audience that only likes hits and knows only the most famous gnr songs..then here are my songs that should have been massive hits in my opinion

Dust n bones

Dust and bones is a rock n' roll masterpiece, it's a shame that is so overlooked by the "general public". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darkenchantress said:

Dust and bones is a rock n' roll masterpiece, it's a shame that is so overlooked by the "general public". 

Dust n Bones is a belter, Perfect Crime is a belter, Right Next Door to Hell is belter, 14 Years is probably their most underrated song goin'.

• Like 1

I honestly didnt know some of these the tracks being listed weren't well liked.  Some of them are favourites.  

But ones I would personally classify as guilty pleasures would be:

Shotgun Blues - the music is so good!  That riff, the guitar breakdown! How the song builds into the ending.

Thin About You - Like a pop rock song that got the GNR treatment. I like the acoustic guitar picking in the chorus

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Think About You is amazing, it's one song whenever I go back and listen to it again I realise just how perfect it is.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The lyrics are clearly and deliberately racist but its still an amazing song, probably one of the best they've ever made.

Deliberately provocative for the sake of it and genuinely nasty, 'startin' controversy' as Axl once said, it always leaves a bit of a bad taste for me with those lyrics, shame because like everyone says, everything else about the song is fucking amazing.

5 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Deliberately provocative for the sake of it and genuinely nasty, 'startin' controversy' as Axl once said, it always leaves a bit of a bad taste for me with those lyrics, shame because like everyone says, everything else about the song is fucking amazing.

I don't think whether or not something is racist should have a bearing on what makes it a good tune, I really like it, always have, it's sort of piffle that it's racist, just a trifling matter (and thats comin' from an immigrant), if anyone is or isn't racist that's their business as far as I'm concerned.  Jesus Christ, there's worse said in songs than that that I love. GG Allin wrote a song called Expose Yourself to Kids for cryin' out loud :lol: 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you remove the indefinite article you have just spoken Geordie, albeit Geordie of a certain chavy late-90s vintage.

The Geordie in Alan Partridge makes me think of you :lol:  'I'm sorry I done a shit in the box' :lol: 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think whether or not something is racist should have a bearing on what makes it a good tune, I really like it, always have, it's sort of piffle that it's racist, just a trifling matter (and thats comin' from an immigrant), if anyone is or isn't racist that's their business as far as I'm concerned.  Jesus Christ, there's worse said in songs than that that I love. GG Allin wrote a song called Expose Yourself to Kids for cryin' out loud :lol: 

The Geordie in Alan Partridge makes me think of you :lol:  'I'm sorry I done a shit in the box' :lol: 

I'm posher than yee are like.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't think whether or not something is racist should have a bearing on what makes it a good tune, I really like it, always have, it's sort of piffle that it's racist, just a trifling matter (and thats comin' from an immigrant), if anyone is or isn't racist that's their business as far as I'm concerned.

Well, yeah, I mean I've always fucking loved Phil Anselmo for instance, but he's had some extremely dodgy moments to say the least which turn my stomach.

3 minutes ago, Twinaleblood said:

My World (ahem)

:shades:

• Like 1