Unpopular GnR songs that you like?

1 minute ago, bucketfoot said:

He was an absolute head case to be fair! :lol: You should see some of Anal Cunt or Cannibal Corpse's song titles (maybe you have?) :lol:

I certainly have :lol:  But I mean...liking a song is not the same as pledging allegiance to the themes expressed in it, is it?  

1980s: Everything off LLAS except Mama Kin (Aerosmith version is way better), everything off AFD that isn't the big 3 (I love those three songs too but since they're very popular they don't really fit in this list), One in a Million (sans the offensive lyrics), Shadow of Your Love, Whole Lotta Rosie, Jumpin' Jack Flash (both versions), Heartbreak Hotel, and Too Much Too Soon.

1990s: Perfect Crime, You Ain't the First, Double Talkin' Jive, Dead Horse, Estranged (is this popular?...seriously, I don't know), Yesterdays (same question; do general audiences still remember this song?), Coma, Pretty Tied Up, Shotgun Blues, Breakdown, Locomotive (only the ending part), and....there's other songs from UYI that I like but I think they're all considered "popular" still.

2000s: Everything off CD (cause let's face it, none of it is popular).

Edited by rocknroll41

You're Crazy AFD version. I've always said the Lies version is one of the best tracks they laid down  and some of Axl's best vocals ever. But I  like the AFD version too. I don't know how unpopular it is, it doesn't gets mentioned much. And I got to see it make a rare live appearance in 06.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Dust n Bones is a belter, Perfect Crime is a belter, Right Next Door to Hell is belter, 14 Years is probably their most underrated song goin'.

Garden of Eden? I noticed this particular song always scores low on polls.

Right next door to hell, perfect crime, and garden of Eden are like a punk metal trifecta of you ask me.

7 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I agree 14 Years is their most underrated. That is just a killer tune. I put that and Lies You're Crazy as their most not talked about greatest songs.

The alternate version of the acoustic Youre Crazy is in lots of my playlists on Spotify, really great take and completely different vocal style by Axl compared to the Lies album cut. But the pinnacle of Youre Crazy is the Live Era version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONIN said:

Garden of Eden? I noticed this particular song always scores low on polls.

Right next door to hell, perfect crime, and garden of Eden are like a punk metal trifecta of you ask me.

Garden of Edens pretty shite, nice solo though.

• Like 2

by album: 

AFD: i've always enjoyed "think about you" and "anything goes", "think about you" has always felt like a simple and great pop song, no match for the masterpieces that accompany it on the album but a nice song as to not distract from the others.  and "anything goes" just feels like young sleazy guns roaming hollywood as a gang, it feels like a cousin to "pretty tied up." not to mention listen to how tight the band is together playing as a unit on this track.

LIES - acoustic "you're crazy".  masterpiece.   

UYI I - dust n' bones & dead horse - "dnb" hidden izzy masterpiece.  "dead horse" is axl at his finest as a songwriter. 

UYI II - "14 years", "pretty tied up" & "so fine" - 14 years because izzy we fucking need you, please come back, pretty tied up is a great band playing a great song, and "so fine" is a good song and a good moment for a great man.  

TSI - hair of the dog & ain't it fun and i fucking love that they did "since i don't have you", such an amazing song both original and guns version.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

But the pinnacle of Youre Crazy is the Live Era version.

^^^ Absolutely this! The pace of the Lies version but with electric guitars, pure fuckin' bliss! :shades:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ironmt said:

I like Shotgun Blues and Anything Goes which seems to be most peoples least favorite songs.

I love both those songs!

Anything Goes is way sexy and Axl is the right man to sing it.

Shotgun Blues is one of those songs where you know Axl wants to kick someone's ass! Cool song too.

6 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

My World (ahem)

Oh My God

the whole Spaghetti Incident

Yeah, My world. WTF? lol

Crazy song, but so GNR!

I totally love "don't damn me". It's just Axl telling people who he is and if you don't like it, you can shove it! totally a GNR song for the time.

19 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sympathy for the Devil, but actually there isn't a GNR song or cover they have done that I don't like...?

that was going to be my answer but there are some wildly popular songs that i think are highly overrated. don't need anymore stress now so just gonna leave it at that :facepalm:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Well, yeah, I mean I've always fucking loved Phil Anselmo for instance, but he's had some extremely dodgy moments to say the least which turn my stomach.

:shades:

The thing with OIAM is that i would feel truly uncomfortable if i felt Axl was indeed a racist/xenophobic/homophobe which i don't believe he is. It is what it is and it is confronting but actions speak louder than words as they say. Phil Anselmo again is another one, on one hand he has said some dodgy shit but on the other hand he's been known to do work with underprivileged kids fro black communities in New Orleans. That white power shit he said onstage recently apparently started as a joke he was having backstage with a member of Living Colour, there's some pretty funny footage of him and Kool Keith drunk off their ass together somewhere as well so i don't think he's a racist either. On the other side of the coin one of my favourite artists is Ol' Dirty Bastard, now he said some fairly nasty shit about white people and was even going to call his second album Black man is God/White man is the Devil but i know for a fact his best friend was a white man! Again actions speak louder than words i suppose.

Edited by Silverburst80

13 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

^^^ Absolutely this! The pace of the Lies version but with electric guitars, pure fuckin' bliss! :shades:

I think that's probably the only track on there i can say with any confidence i'm listening to the AFD5 and Axl hasn't redone his vocals.

Edited by Silverburst80