Unpopular GnR songs that you like?

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, and also it was condemned to never be performed live.

I hadn't listened to it for decades and I did recently because of a discussion here. I hadn't realized how good it was.

Musically/vocally it's absolutely flawless. One of their very best I'd say.

• Like 1

On 30.4.2017 at 9:26 PM, RONIN said:

Unpopular with fans would be the best definition to use here. With that definition we could say stuff like My World, Sympathy for the Devil, Get in The Ring, etc.

My World is like Pandora's Box. In 1991 no one considered this track as Axl's new vision of GnR. The biggest forums on the net are co-responsible that NuGnR even last that long... 

Sympathy for the devil is good, but it already crossed the thin line of GnR tracks being overproduced. The fact that Slash hates this song and calls it 'the sound of GnR splitting up' is not a good sign. 

On 4/29/2017 at 0:02 AM, moreblack said:

Oh there's a good amount of sub par filler. GNR was never known for batting 100 in the writing department.

Some of their songs are great lyrically speaking.

I guess it's not really the lyrics I pay attention to but rather the musicianship.

On 29.4.2017 at 5:18 PM, bucketfoot said:

He was an absolute head case to be fair! :lol: You should see some of Anal Cunt or Cannibal Corpse's song titles (maybe you have?) :lol:

I can  never tell what the lyrics are in Cannibal Corpse's original versions (I have to read the lyrics to understand them) 

Here is a version of Rancid Amputation where you can understand the lyrics.  It's really funny actually :lol: or maybe it's more disturbing - I can't decide.

Sympathy for the devil one of the best gnr covers for me, also as much as I love the stones, it's way better than the original, only flaw could be the ending... Also Ain't Fun and Black Leather, amazing songs, especially BL, simple, dark and heavy.

Dead Horse, Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Perfect Crime, So Fine, Pretty Tied Up, Civil War, 14 Years, Dust n Bones, You Ain't the First... For me these songs are the core of the illusions records and I'd rather listen to these than stuff like Coma, Locomotive, The Garden...

For ChiDem I'd say the least popular one that I actually like, althoug it could have been better, is Rhiad, love that chorus, also the title track is one of my favourite modern rock songs ever, and Madagascar, love that one and the classic but modern feel, and nobody seems to care about it anymore

7 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I can  never tell what the lyrics are in Cannibal Corpse's original versions (I have to read the lyrics to understand them) 

Here is a version of Rancid Amputation where you can understand the lyrics.  It's really funny actually :lol: or maybe it's more disturbing - I can't decide.

:rofl-lol: Pretty catchy when given the Lounge music treatment! *sings* "Rape the limbless cadavers". :lol: