Money grab my ass!

Ace Nova

I said this in another topic, but I will say it here too cause its fitting.  A lot of people here in my opinion are stuck in 1987 and want that image of a band living on the streets banging chicks and rehearsing in a seedy rehearsal space in LA.  Its called the music "business" for a reason, I feel like to me the talks of cash grabs are just silly, of course people want money.  If I could command millions of dollars having fun with people on stage playing great tunes in the largest venues in the world, I would do that for as long as I could.

• Like 2

It's not about the talent or the band...it's more to do with the outrageous ticket prices. It cost $100 to sit in nosebleeds and listen to your favorite band, or over $300-400 to have good seats. Most fans of the band have family and friends they like to go with but at over $1000 it makes it difficult to attend a show and have good seats. 

Throw in the fact that they are about to come around the US again and most of us would love to see the band play live again however we haven't seen any changes to the set we saw last year, so at the end of the day why spend that much money to see the same thing again.

I think when you have these factors combined it feels like a cash grab, especially to those who grew up at a time when you could see an amazing concert for under $50. It just feels like they are rushing around the world to collect on this opportunity and personally I have no objections to this, but I can see why so many are disappointed or feel priced out by this tour 

• Like 4

they owe this tour to themselves… think about how much money they lost out on all these years.  axl's employee cover band was a disgrace to himself (i often think of axl's employees and CD when my dog takes a shit on the sidewalk and the sun glistens off it) and slash and duff weren't making anything near what they're making now… all because of ego and dysfunction… i have no problem with them cashing in and i'm happy for them that they did.  i'm embarrassed for them about how they treated izzy, and they could've handled the steven thing better (steven could have handled the steven thing better), and the set list is lazy and full of too much of axl's solo material, but however they want to do it… i'm glad they're doing it.    

On 30.4.2017 at 2:48 PM, Sosso said:

People are calling it a cash grab but their hero Izzy isn't included in the NITL tour because he wanted more of the money. Hilarious.

Well I guess they are all just bunch of cash grabbers aren't they..:lol: ( with the exception of Steven, I'm pretty sure he would just like to play with them) 

8 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Well I guess they are all just bunch of cash grabbers aren't they..:lol: ( with the exception of Steven, I'm pretty sure he would just like to play with them) 

I just hope that the business aspect won't ruin Axls and Slashs renewed friendship again

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:48 AM, Sosso said:

People are calling it a cash grab but their hero Izzy isn't included in the NITL tour because he wanted more of the money. Hilarious.

That's kind of/sort of a part of it. The money is there to pay Izzy, yet they don't want to. The big 3 are already making big money to begin with so, its not like they need every penny to survive. They're avoiding touring in parts of the world that haven't seen this incarnation of GNR, to go back and hit markets that they already sold very well. They came, saw, conquered already, yet need to go back?? Yeah... because you might care about giving your fans what they want but, you want to line up your pocket even more. Aka CASH GRAB. If you, me, and two other buddies come up with a successful business chain, you come up with the slogan and I only wanna pay you chump change, you might be offended too. And what does that say about me? It's not rocket science..

Some just don't like the truth of this being a cash grab because they don't want to acknowledge that their heroes care about getting into their wallets first...whatever, fine, not everyone can live in the real world. Maybe they're seeing it darker than the way things are. I'm not going to lose my mind over Izzy or anyone else not being there, it's better that Slash and Duff are back than Axl hiring two other no names so, things could be worse. But we're not even getting new material, we're not getting massive changes to the set list, we're not getting a lot of things that we could be getting and it's disappointing.

So yeah, our favorite band can do something and calling them on it doesn't make one a bad person

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:59 PM, WhazUp said:

I said this in another topic, but I will say it here too cause its fitting.  A lot of people here in my opinion are stuck in 1987 and want that image of a band living on the streets banging chicks and rehearsing in a seedy rehearsal space in LA.  Its called the music "business" for a reason, I feel like to me the talks of cash grabs are just silly, of course people want money.  If I could command millions of dollars having fun with people on stage playing great tunes in the largest venues in the world, I would do that for as long as I could.

I've always argued the same concept at Bills games. It's crazy to me that they charge 11 bucks a beer, but if people buy them, then why not?!?! I get the business side to it and it's one that GNR could never avoid but, that doesn't mean they strengthen any sort of integrity when it comes to the cash grab we're watching now.

• Like 1

On April 30, 2017 at 7:48 AM, Sosso said:

izzy's owed what he's owed… bottom line is most people are coming and paying to hear songs he co-wrote… it's only fair to cut him in with what's right.  i applaud him for holding his ground.