What was Axl's best moment lyrically?

Obvious but true answers include Coma and Estranged. Don't Damn Me, Don't Cry alternate (I know this forum has this convo to death but I like those over the original)...From CD I love his lyrics on Prostitue, Catcher, Sorry, and TWAT.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Obvious but true answers include Coma and Estranged. Don't Damn Me, Don't Cry alternate (I know this forum has this convo to death but I like those over the original)...From CD I love his lyrics on Prostitue, Catcher, Sorry, and TWAT.

From CD I like IRS and if the world. Actually, upon reflection, Oh My God is Axl's lyrical zenith. 

7 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Catcher and Prostitute is his best work on CD in my opinion

• Like 2

Everything listed so far is so great and on different days would all take the top spot on my list.  Today I would go with Breakdown.  But maybe not the quotes.  Definitely not the quotes :) 

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Catcher and Prostitute is his best work on CD in my opinion

Completely agree. Catcher is criminally underrated by fans lyrically even though Axl was quite genius in the topics he decided to attack. I disagree extremely with those who say Chinese has weak lyrics- the album does have its weaker moments (sitting in a Chinese stew, "lonely tear drops") it also features Axl at his pure brilliance and I think he really challenged himself to write some fantastic lyrics.

• Like 1

Locomotive. "You know I'd like to shave your head and all my friends could paint it red..." Took me a while to fully grasp what this actually meant but I'm pretty sure he's likening the imagery of mating farm animals. By putting red paint on the Bull/Stallion's chest so you can tell which females it's mated with as they'll have red paint on their backs.

Really disgusting but brutally genius. He's basically wishing her to be gang-raped.

And Estranged because it's beautiful. Jesus UYI is so bi-polar.

Locomotive. I hear it as a vivid and brilliant depiction of a troubled mind being self-aware ("I know it looks like I'm insaaane").

Breakdown, Rocket Queen, Oh My God, strong parts in Don't Damn Me, Right Next Door To Hell (verses), Coma, Estranged, Paradise City, Garden Of Eden...

Edited by Blackstar
added

Sweet Child O Mine. That's a very well written song that has and will stand the test of time. It's perfect for what he's trying to convey, and damn near everybody alive can relate to it. Simpler, but simple doesn't have to mean bad.

Estranged and Locomotive etc are definitely up there on another level for sure.

• Like 1