What can Axl bring to a new AC/DC record?

AxlRoseCDII

AC/DC is known for making similar albums all the time and Axl on the other hand is known for having the need to innovate with the release of each of his band's records. My question is what will Axl bring to a new AC/DC record? I'm assuming it will happen as Angus is intent on it and even though Axl has an inability to release anything, it's not his band so he can't delay it. Will we get in terms of lyrics songs similar to AFD/UYI or will it be something completely different? Is Axl even going to write the lyrics? What do you guys think?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

AC/DC is known for making similar albums all the time and Axl on the other hand is known for having the need to innovate with the release of each of his band's records. My question is what will Axl bring to a new AC/DC record? I'm assuming it will happen as Angus is intent on it and even though Axl has an inability to release anything, it's not his band so he can't delay it. Will we get in terms of lyrics songs similar to AFD/UYI or will it be something completely different? Is Axl even going to write the lyrics? What do you guys think?

that's an interesting question. i never thought Axl would ever be in a band where he was not "numero uno" but was pleasantly surprised to see him do such an excellent job in a band where he wasn't the one in charge. Axl and Angus seem to have a great relationship and it should be exciting to see what new material they can produce.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I'm assuming it will happen as Angus is intent on it and even though Axl has an inability to release anything, it's not his band so he can't delay it

hopefully that will put a burr under his saddle and he'll get with the program! OMG i just realized that sentence could very well been written by my father, am i channelling him?? :lol:

Axl is not interested in coming in and shaking things up, and more importantly Angus is not interested in changing things. If Angus wanted to change or evolve he would have done so at some point or another in the 40yrs before Axl joined. I can see them making a slightly more aggressive Bon era album, but as for songs in 6/8 with big string sections? not a chance. IF the record happens and it's AC/DC then it's gonna be business as usual with or without Axl. If the record is Angus solo, and Axl is on vocals then it could be a bit more of a departure from the traditional AC/DC sound, but we all now Angus's influences! he's not going to make a speed metal or funk record.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I can see them making a slightly more aggressive Bon era album

That'll do nicely! :headbang:

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

but as for songs in 6/8 with big string sections? not a chance.

Wouldn't want that from an AC/DC record.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Mean energy. I think you'd get AFD type energy from Axl. That kind of Axl, mean and going for it, backed up by Angus, that could be killer.

Totally agree. Axl's one shot at being on an AC/DC record? He'd absolutely kill it, mate. Knock it out of the fucking park.

• Like 1

i hope axl leaves it alone and focuses on guns.  if the new guns record and new acdc record sound the same it'll just be grosse.  and at what point does axl stop playing in bands with no original members?  if it has to happen (and don't get me wrong i'm sure axl and angus in a room, they'll write a few good ones no doubt) i'd prefer to see axl and angus just start a new band, call it something new, and release new music and be new together in a new thing.  new, new, new.  THAT i would get behind.  calling it ac/dc was like calling cd guns.  it doesn't fool anyone, certainly not people with soul.  

i will gladly debate anyone on this in the CIVAL WAR forum.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner

we're speaking of Angus right? i mean he is a great guitarist and seems like a fun person. but as far as AC/DC goes my heart will always be with Bon. i was what? two years old when he passed but i got all these albums from my older brother when he left for college. i don't remember what album it was i listened to first but there was no pic of him on it but THAT VOICE! made me feel things a girl my age probably shouldn't be feelig. then when i got my first computer and i saw him perform...... *swoon* like THIS one :wub:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

we're speaking of Angus right? i mean he is a great guitarist and seems like a fun person. but as far as AC/DC goes my heart will always be with Bon. i was what? two years old when he passed but i got all these albums from my older brother when he left for college and i don't remember what album it was but there was no pic of him on i got album i listened to first but that VOICE! i was wayyyy too young to have the feelings i had for him :P and then praise the lord when i got my first computer an i saw him perform *swoon* like THID one :wub:

:thumbsup: Sounds like a very cool older brother. There's just something about Bon's jeans that is pure fuckin' class! :lol: As for Angus, well, any man who can get away with wearing a school uniform into his 60's deserves the highest praise.... and that's before we even touch on the music. :lol::headbang:

Edited by bucketfoot
  • Like 1