I think Axl Rose and Geffen Records may have helped Charles Manson

3 hours ago, RONIN said:
When did this meeting take place?

When I met him, that was before Portrait came out, it was before I was fined? I think. It was when I did the Gave Up video with Trent. Quite honestly -- and I’m not insinuating anything -- but at the time I was a little uncomfortable. He didn’t really know me, and he’s like, “Hey I will fly you out to LA. You can play guitar in my video and you can stay with me.” I said I don’t play guitar, that’s ok man don’t worry about it. I felt like I could have woken up with a sore anus, but I didn’t, the jury’s out on that one.. I am not suggesting anything. At the time I was a little intimidated, but then when I got there I realized I’m a good 4ft taller than him, so it was fine.

:lol:

Omg, I love MM!!! I've seen some of his interviews on YouTube and I crack every time.

Poor Axl, though, it's like highschool all over again. Him trying to hang out with the cool guys and they avoid him like the pest! :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The only talent Manson had was to sucker stupid people into his cult.

It's amazing how many people believed his bullshit.

Axl was a child in the 60's so how could he have helped Manson and once he was in jail for murder I would have hoped Axl wasn't that stupid and naïve to believe this killer had any musically talent at all. The man couldn't even spell correctly.

My mother lived through this time. Manson was pure evil and those women who killed for him were evil too. Sick, sick, sick bastards.

Anyone who kills a woman and her unborn baby deserve a special place in HELL.

and this woman ( Sharon Tate ) was eight months pregnant. today the unborn baby would have been considered a person under the law.  this was a result of that monster Scott Peterson murdering his wife Laci and their almost 9 month old unborn son Conner.

The death of Laci and her fetal son led to the United States Congress passing the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, which is widely known as Laci and Conner's Law. On April 1, 2004, Sharon Rocha and her boyfriend, Ron Grantski, were in attendance at the White House when President George W. Bush, signed the bill into law.[29] The law recognizes unborn children as legal victims if injured or killed upon a listed crime of violence.

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

and this woman ( Sharon Stone ) was eight months pregnant. today the unborn baby would have been considered a person under the law of California.  this was a result of that monster Scott Peterson murdering his wife Laci and their almost 9 moth old unborn son Conor.

The death of Laci and her fetal son led to the United States Congress passing the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, which is widely known as Laci and Conner's Law. On April 1, 2004, Sharon Rocha and her boyfriend, Ron Grantski, were in attendance at the White House when President George W. Bush, signed the bill into law.[29] The law recognizes unborn children as legal victims if injured or killed upon a listed crime of violence.

Sharon Tate dearie, Sharon Stone is alive and well :D

and this woman ( Sharon Stone ) was eight months pregnant. today the unborn baby would have been considered a person under the law.  this was a result of that monster Scott Peterson murdering his wife Laci and their almost 9 month old unborn son Conor.

Sharon Tate, wrong actress ?

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Sharon Tate dearie, Sharon Stone is alive and well :D

you ALWAYS bust me! i knew i should have tried for the FOURTH time to edit before i sent. see what two hours of sleep in two days gets you?? :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sharon Tate, wrong actress ?

Len beat ya to the punch! :lol:

Trent Reznor has told Q that supporting Guns'N'Roses were the worst shows Nine Inch Nails ever played.

Speaking in the Q Interview in our brand new issue - Q308 out now - about his life, his soundtrack work on The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, his demons and more, Reznor singles out the 1991 shows with Axl Rose and co as a nadir.

"It was only a couple of show and they were some of the worst performances we [Nine Inch Nails] ever had in front of the most hostile, moronic audiences I've ever experienced," he recalled.

"They were there to rock; what they didn't want was some homo-looking dudes playing noisy synths and they made that very clear to us.

"Our first show was in Mannheim, Germay. There were thousands of people standing there going [raises middle finger] and there were bits of sausage on the stage. I've tried to block it out."

_____

LARS ULRICH: I remember late one night Axl was sitting there telling me about this band called Nine Inch Nails: He was saying, "This is the coolest thing I've ever heard:" And we were all sitting there going, "What the fuck are you talking about?" He had Nine Inch Nails support Guns N' Roses in Europe, and I remember hearing how they got booed off the stage. But he was there when the rest of us were still listening to fucking Judas Priest.

___

It will be always a mystery why Axl just didn't freeze GnR after 1993 and started an industrial soloband. Just because the brand 'Guns n' Roses' sells better? 

The name 'Axl Rose' had the same popularity as 'Guns n' Roses'. 

But as said before... i can't take Axl seriously. Dude is living in his own world. 

10 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

you ALWAYS bust me! i knew i should have tried for the FOURTH time to edit before i sent. see what two hours of sleep in two days gets you?? :facepalm:

Len beat ya to the punch! :lol:

We must have hit submit reply at the same time ?

controversy sells *shrugs*

It does indeed, very true.

Also, I shouldn't laugh really but..... Sharon Stone!!! :rofl-lol: Do you think that may have been because we mentioned Sharon Stone on another thread recently? :lol:

Just now, bucketfoot said:

It does indeed, very true.

Also, I shouldn't laugh really but..... Sharon Stone!!! :rofl-lol: Do you think that may have been because we mentioned Sharon Stone on another thread recently? :lol:

no it's a result of two hours sleep in two days, feeling like crap and having a brain fart :/

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The only talent Manson had was to sucker stupid people into his cult.

It's amazing how many people believed his bullshit.

Axl was a child in the 60's so how could he have helped Manson and once he was in jail for murder I would have hoped Axl wasn't that stupid and naïve to believe this killer had any musically talent at all. The man couldn't even spell correctly.

My mother lived through this time. Manson was pure evil and those women who killed for him were evil too. Sick, sick, sick bastards.

Anyone who kills a woman and her unborn baby deserve a special place in HELL.

That NIN Gave up music video with Marilyn Manson was filmed in the Tate house. Here's a smart statement by Trent. Sad that Axl didn't had this perspective back then. 

Reznor explained his experience with the house in the March 6, 1997 issue of Rolling Stone

7 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

My awakening about all that stuff came from meeting Sharon Tate's sister. While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: "Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?" For the first time the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, "No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred." I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, "What if it was my sister?" I thought, "Fuck Charlie Manson." I don't want to be looked at as a guy who supports serial-killer bullshit.

I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know? It's one thing to go around with your dick swinging in the wind, acting like it doesn't matter. But when you understand the repercussions that are felt ... that's what sobered me up: realizing that what balances out the appeal of the lawlessness and the lack of morality and that whole thing is the other end of it, the victims who don't deserve that.

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

That NIN Gave up music video with Marilyn Manson was filmed in the Tate house. Here's a smart statement by Trent. Sad that Axl didn't had this perspective back then. 

Reznor explained his experience with the house in the March 6, 1997 issue of Rolling Stone

56 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

My awakening about all that stuff came from meeting Sharon Tate's sister. While I was working on Downward Spiral, I was living in the house where Sharon Tate was killed. Then one day I met her sister. It was a random thing, just a brief encounter. And she said: "Are you exploiting my sister's death by living in her house?" For the first time the whole thing kind of slapped me in the face. I said, "No, it's just sort of my own interest in American folklore. I'm in this place where a weird part of history occurred." I guess it never really struck me before, but it did then. She lost her sister from a senseless, ignorant situation that I don't want to support. When she was talking to me, I realized for the first time, "What if it was my sister?" I thought, "Fuck Charlie Manson." I don't want to be looked at as a guy who supports serial-killer bullshit.

I went home and cried that night. It made me see there's another side to things, you know? It's one thing to go around with your dick swinging in the wind, acting like it doesn't matter. But when you understand the repercussions that are felt ... that's what sobered me up: realizing that what balances out the appeal of the lawlessness and the lack of morality and that whole thing is the other end of it, the victims who don't deserve that.

Wow, now that's someone actually reflecting on this whole thing and realizing that you cannot kill your mother for the sake of art.

I agree he could have benefitted from taking this perspective. But that's something that has to actually happen to you, feel it inside and not fake it. Axl was too selfish and self-absorbed during those years. He was desperate trying to find himself and an answer to his demons.

I'm not sure where this went. All things aside I thought it was a nice song and an interesting little factoid. At a certain point I'm empathetic to Manson in spite of anything that happened. The fear Manson can still generate almost 50 years later is amazing. If you watch his interviews, he's more like a rambling Buddhist monk influenced by beatnik poetry of the 50s. For a caveman to think use brain to compute is a no no too difficult. Much easier to read have an opinion with only headlines for sure.

Trent reznor felt the guilt? Give me a break, he felt he guilt of his own consciousness in that house. Manson did not nor was accused of killing those people. You can keep the boogie man thing going and he turned them on with "dope and sex". At what point does individual responsibility come in honestly? Have you ever smoked pot or done acid? I could just as easily say those might scare you away from violence. The prosecution said it drove them too it. 48 years later pot is legal in California. But it drove the crime of the century in the 60s? Those people did what they did for themselves. There are so many misconceptions it's impossible to even try to explain. Manson might be the most interesting historical figure for me. The only regular man to be convicted of having the power of the presidency or dictator. Which is the ability to send people to kill for him. Hitler, Bin Laden, Manson, Bush, Obama, what's the difference?  

The tough thing with Manson is like with any other conspiracy theory. If I tell you Oswald didn't kill JFK, our minds instantly go cover up. The ying yang of the minds judgement. It's not always that simple. Manson isn't entirely innocent in the sense of the American justice or law. He shot a guy, cut another's ear, not off, but helped tape it up, lol. But you've got to view it from the street view. His perspective of no family, his upbringing in a prison as a kid because no adult was there to sign his release to their custody. We can talk recidivism rates of normal people and if I say "well, a lot of people charged with crimes say that crime gravitates to them after." That's why 60% of people arrested are back in jail within a year or something like that. I think when you live on the street, you live on the street. It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under. The people he did do stuff to also were not innocent, one was an FBI informant who was killed later by mansons friend bobby beausole, the other he shot had kidnapped susan Atkins I think it was over a drug debt. Manson gave him a chance and he didn't take it. The guy also never went to the cops because it was all drug related. This entire case is drug trade related, visa vi the rich people killed. Manson represents the part of us that we don't want to talk about because we know the potential is there. The question should become is it ethical,in the era of social justice, to house a guy who by the states admission did not kill, nor was even present at the crime scene, in a solitary cell for 50 years. There is actually a California conspiracy statute that says if you weren't at the crime scene, they can only keep you 18 years. It's all politics at this point. It's bought and sold. Which brings back the original point of did axl/geffen, willingly or not, help improve his quality of life if there is such a thing by covering that song and paying off an impossible relief fund. I think that's noble.

The thing about the baby being ripped out of her body didn't happen either but you'd have to ask Susan Adkins and Charles "tex" Watson about that. Here is a mind fuck... the guy who actually stuck the knife and killed all the people is a reformed prison preacher appearing on the 700 club. The guy who was in San Diego the first night, and not at the house the 2nd night, is in solitary confinement. Just think about that. Really think.  I'll throw you a bone and say ok, Manson had them do it. So it's possible for Tex to be reformed, have kids and a wife in prison, sell books, appear on Jesus shows, but no redemption possible for the guy who said "go do it." Hmmm. we each believe what we want to so if you need a boogie man to help you feel more secure he's a great one. Here's an interesting thing to look up, the sex tape of roman Polanski and Sharon Tate having a bisexual 3some with another guy. And the drug trade that was running out of that house....... No one is as innocent or as guilty as we think.

Edited by Sprite

12 hours ago, Sprite said:

I'm not sure where this went. All things aside I thought it was a nice song and an interesting little factoid. At a certain point I'm empathetic to Manson in spite of anything that happened. The fear Manson can still generate almost 50 years later is amazing. If you watch his interviews, he's more like a rambling Buddhist monk influenced by beatnik poetry of the 50s. For a caveman to think use brain to compute is a no no too difficult. Much easier to read have an opinion with only headlines for sure.

Trent reznor felt the guilt? Give me a break, he felt he guilt of his own consciousness in that house. Manson did not nor was accused of killing those people. You can keep the boogie man thing going and he turned them on with "dope and sex". At what point does individual responsibility come in honestly? Have you ever smoked pot or done acid? I could just as easily say those might scare you away from violence. The prosecution said it drove them too it. 48 years later pot is legal in California. But it drove the crime of the century in the 60s? Those people did what they did for themselves. There are so many misconceptions it's impossible to even try to explain. Manson might be the most interesting historical figure for me. The only regular man to be convicted of having the power of the presidency or dictator. Which is the ability to send people to kill for him. Hitler, Bin Laden, Manson, Bush, Obama, what's the difference?  

The tough thing with Manson is like with any other conspiracy theory. If I tell you Oswald didn't kill JFK, our minds instantly go cover up. The ying yang of the minds judgement. It's not always that simple. Manson isn't entirely innocent in the sense of the American justice or law. He shot a guy, cut another's ear, not off, but helped tape it up, lol. But you've got to view it from the street view. His perspective of no family, his upbringing in a prison as a kid because no adult was there to sign his release to their custody. We can talk recidivism rates of normal people and if I say "well, a lot of people charged with crimes say that crime gravitates to them after." That's why 60% of people arrested are back in jail within a year or something like that. I think when you live on the street, you live on the street. It's like a jungle sometimes, it makes me wonder how I keep from going under. The people he did do stuff to also were not innocent, one was an FBI informant who was killed later by mansons friend bobby beausole, the other he shot had kidnapped susan Atkins I think it was over a drug debt. Manson gave him a chance and he didn't take it. The guy also never went to the cops because it was all drug related. This entire case is drug trade related, visa vi the rich people killed. Manson represents the part of us that we don't want to talk about because we know the potential is there. The question should become is it ethical,in the era of social justice, to house a guy who by the states admission did not kill, nor was even present at the crime scene, in a solitary cell for 50 years. There is actually a California conspiracy statute that says if you weren't at the crime scene, they can only keep you 18 years. It's all politics at this point. It's bought and sold. Which brings back the original point of did axl/geffen, willingly or not, help improve his quality of life if there is such a thing by covering that song and paying off an impossible relief fund. I think that's noble.

The thing about the baby being ripped out of her body didn't happen either but you'd have to ask Susan Adkins and Charles "tex" Watson about that. Here is a mind fuck... the guy who actually stuck the knife and killed all the people is a reformed prison preacher appearing on the 700 club. The guy who was in San Diego the first night, and not at the house the 2nd night, is in solitary confinement. Just think about that. Really think.  I'll throw you a bone and say ok, Manson had them do it. So it's possible for Tex to be reformed, have kids and a wife in prison, sell books, appear on Jesus shows, but no redemption possible for the guy who said "go do it." Hmmm. we each believe what we want to so if you need a boogie man to help you feel more secure he's a great one. Here's an interesting thing to look up, the sex tape of roman Polanski and Sharon Tate having a bisexual 3some with another guy. And the drug trade that was running out of that house....... No one is as innocent or as guilty as we think.

dude, what are you talking about? how can you even take manson seriously? he is insane and sick. he has a swastika in his face, is talking like the devil, has the evil in his eyes, because he has probably a brain disorder. how he did recrute the girls? well...lets face it, america had a lot of sects in the past. i don't see much differences between the manson family and scientology, wacko, etc...everyone with a narcisstic ego, high sexual drive and no bad concious could do that before the internet. there are women out there who are fascinated by the evil. thats why marilyn manson for example had sex with some beautiful women. 

almost everyone of us has collected sins in his live. tate and polanski were/are no angels for sure. but was there a reason to kill them? no.  

• Like 1

Coke and heroin especially combined in the form of speed elicit the occult and conjures the devil. Dave Mustaine and Nikki Six wrote about these experiences during the recording of Peace Sells and Shout at the devil. Slash went through similar episode of feelings in his darkest days too if I recall 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

38 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Coke and heroin especially combined in the form of speed elicit the occult and conjures the devil. Dave Mustaine and Nikki Six wrote about these experiences during the recording of Peace Sells and Shout at the devil. Slash went through similar feelings in his darkest days too if I recall 

+ they might have taken meth. i remember this story of a guy who ate out the face of a homeless man. drugs can open the hell's door. its still no excuse for being violent.

btw. here are 2 statements. i didn't even know patti tate already died in 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZIz40MVUGI

and here is a ridiculous one. patti tate is sitting next to these two people...