If guns n roses decided to make a show in africa, which is the best place?

If guns n roses decided to make a show in Africa, which country is the best place?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Bollocks, i went to see em in London and i was the only non white boy there, in the most metropolitan multi-cultural city on earth, they say there's more languages spoken in London that anywhere else in Europe, you fuckin' wouldn't've been able to tell going to that fuckin' gig though.

Fuck all :lol: 

Bollocks your fuckin self!, please point out anywhere in my post where i mentioned anything about colour! My post was about GNR fans being 'white trash'' meatheads and seemingly coming off a conveyor belt wth mullets and GNR shirts. Of course not many black people go it's probably not their most popular genre, they never have hence why  Hendrix moved to London.

Edited by Silverburst80

5 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Bollocks your fuckin self!, please point out anywhere in my post where i mentioned anything about colour! My post was about GNR fans being 'white trash'' meatheads and seemingly coming off a conveyor belt wth mullets and GNR shirts. Of course not many black people go it's probably not their most popular genre.

please point out anywhere in my post where i mentioned anything about colour!

My post was about GNR fans being 'white trash'' meatheads

My post was about GNR fans being 'white trash''

'white trash''

:D

Of course not many black people go it's probably not their most popular genre.

Well don't have at me about it, thats what the fuckin' conversation was to begin with, I didn't start it :lol: 

Edited by Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:D

Well don't have at me about it, thats what the fuckin' conversation was to begin with, I didn't start it :lol: 

"White trash" implies a certain type of mentality it's not just referring to colour, but i think you know that and besides i didn't mention that in my first post if ya read it.....and hey you qouted me i'm just replying to ya!

Edited by Silverburst80

Just now, Silverburst80 said:

"White trash" implies a certain type of mentality it's not just referring to colour but i think you know that

Right and you also said the crowds were really diverse, in response to someone asking how many black faces you see at a gig, which makes my reply sort of pertinent, don't you think?

and hey you qouted me i'm just replying to ya!

I was referring to the mildly exasperated tone of your post, the 'of course not many black people go' bit, you're alright boss :lol:

18 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Since we are discussing the all important issue of race and demographics of gnr fans, has anyone else in the US noticed the current trend of our African American brothers and sisters wearing rock t shirts.  Good thing this little fad coincides with an unprecedented supply of GNR apparel.  I see lots of black men and women in gnr shirts right now.  Whether or not they are actually fans is questionable.  

I love over when they get it wrong. I saw a guy wearing a Nelson shirt a few days ago. Someone should tell him that Nelson sucks.  

You'd be surprised. There are a lot of closet Axl/GnR fans on hip/hop forums. Some of them hate Axl for OIAM but find AFD to be undeniable. 

Exhibit A: :lol:

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/this-muthafukka-axl-rose-mindblown-watchin-some-old-clips-of-guns-n-roses-shows-over-the-years.401194/

Edited by RONIN

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Bollocks, i went to see em in London and i was the only non white boy there, in the most metropolitan multi-cultural city on earth, they say there's more languages spoken in London that anywhere else in Europe, you fuckin' wouldn't've been able to tell going to that fuckin' gig though.

Fuck all :lol: 

Quoting this because it's hilarious. :lol:

I think it's like that with most "heavy" bands. Seeing a brown guy at a metal show is like spotting a unicorn. 

Edited by RONIN

24 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Right and you also said the crowds were really diverse, in response to someone asking how many black faces you see at a gig, which makes my reply sort of pertinent, don't you think?

I was referring to the mildly exasperated tone of your post, the 'of course not many black people go' bit, you're alright boss :lol:

Well i don't know how my tone came across that's abit hard to control on these things :lol:. Again my first post wasn't about race, Diesel pointed out two things 1) GNR are a white trash band which i don't agree with, majority white? yes of course but i was addressing more the mentality which is attached with "white trash" .2) you don't see black people at GNR gigs which i actually agree with it's not really up for debate! Hey it ain't their thing wadddya do?

Edited by Silverburst80

11 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well i don't know how my tone came across that's abit hard to control on these things :lol:. Again my first post wasn't about race, Diesel pointed out two things 1) GNR are a white trash band which i don't agree with, majority white? yes of course but i was addressing more the mentality which is attached with "white trash" .2) you don't see black people at GNR gigs which i actually agree with it's not really up for debate!

I think the "white trash" element sort of goes with GnR being seen as a biker band back during the AFD era. Think of like the bar in Terminator 2 - I could totally see those guys rocking out to Appetite along with punk rock guys and metal heads. AFD was a crossover album that appealed to everyone - so you're right, GnR isn't a white trash band, but let's face it, they probably do have a lot of "white trash" fans (along with many punk rock fans amongst others). There's also the fact that GnR has a southern rock vibe to Lies and Illusions which probably crossed over really well to that element. 

For what it's worth, at my show I saw a pretty diverse group - I was sitting with some corporate suit/tie types. :lol: 

Edited by RONIN

15 minutes ago, RONIN said:

I think the "white trash" element sort of goes with GnR being seen as a biker band back during the AFD era. Think of like the bar in Terminator 2 - I could totally see those guys rocking out to Appetite along with punk rock guys and metal heads. AFD was a crossover album that appealed to everyone - so you're right, GnR isn't a white trash band, but let's face it, they do have a lot of "white trash" fans (along with many punk rock fans amongst others). 

Exactly-rockers,punks,metalheads,lefties,righties,christians,catholics,white trash,upper class,workin class,short hair,long hair and everything in between!

Edited by Silverburst80

2 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Exactly-rockers,punks,metalheads,lefties,righties,christians,catholics,white trash,upper class,workin class,short hair,long hair and everything in between!

Agreed. In some circles they have a stigma of being a "redneck" band and I blame that mostly on OIAM. 

19 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Since we are discussing the all important issue of race and demographics of gnr fans, has anyone else in the US noticed the current trend of our African American brothers and sisters wearing rock t shirts.  Good thing this little fad coincides with an unprecedented supply of GNR apparel.  I see lots of black men and women in gnr shirts right now.  Whether or not they are actually fans is questionable.  

I love over when they get it wrong. I saw a guy wearing a Nelson shirt a few days ago. Someone should tell him that Nelson sucks.  

You could argue alot of these popular rappers ( if you can call some of these new cats that) have a more rock look. Your  Wiz Khalifa's, Kanye West's, Kid cudi's, Lil Yatchy's etc all wear tight leather pants, denim jackets, leather jackets, flannel around the waist etc. Though tight gear was the look when hip hop started i suppose.

Edited by Silverburst80

Well to my experience the fuckin' GnR gig was a bunch of fuckin' skinny jeans and dodgy Towers of London era feather-cutted tossbags with the obligatory Live at the Whiskey T shirt that just fuckin' came across like PROPER wankers.  And dull as fuck too, try movin' a bit when the music gets goin' and they all start looking at you like you just goosed their fuckin' Nan.  Proper dud crowd, worst crowd of any gig I can remember being at.  

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Well to my experience the fuckin' GnR gig was a bunch of fuckin' skinny jeans and dodgy Towers of London era feather-cutted tossbags with the obligatory Live at the Whiskey T shirt that just fuckin' came across like PROPER wankers.  And dull as fuck too, try movin' a bit when the music gets goin' and they all start looking at you like you just goosed their fuckin' Nan.  Proper dud crowd, worst crowd of any gig I can remember being at.  

There's a name, Towers of London, they were big in the UK when i was there for some fucking reason. I saw GNR at Wembley in 2006 and was completely shit faced, crowd was pretty lively from my sparse memory but i've been to crazier shows.

Edited by Silverburst80

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I always forget you're not a native speaker because your English is very good. However, in this case I feel you are interpreting his words too literally. The way I read his post was as if he was just making a sarcastic remark like "Well, I haven't seen that many black people at shows - unless they're working at the stalls! So they better go to the whitest part of Africa that they can find!" and not that he was inciting or endorsing racism.

I definitely agree the reasons for not playing there are simply because most places in Africa are fucked up and I'm sure they could not afford GNR's extortionate ticket prices.

Then again......I could be wrong......he is a racist! Ban him! :lol:

Thank you! but it looks like other people, who are English native speakers, didn't sense the comment in the best of ways either....

Doesn't matter anymore. I don't want him to get banned because then we should ban Dexter as well :rolleyes:

Edited by killuridols

17 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

May have to do with guys like Jerry Lorenzo owner/creator of Fear of God clothing line and Kanye West making vintage Band T-shirts a street wear piece and fashionable for people that arent necessarily Rock and Metal fans. Me personally, Im not a huge fan of it, because its false advertisement, you see a cool band T on a person and go and compliment them and ask them their favorite song or record, and they dont know what to say.:shrugs:

kinda like some people who wear football jerseys and when you say cool, you're a fan too! and they say nah just like the way it looks :facepalm:

• Like 1