LA Weekly: Guns N' Roses’ First Female Member Has Become a Rock Icon

41 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Melissa gets too much hate. If you dislike her position that's fair but it's not up to her the band requested a second keyboardist so don't take it out on her. She is very talented and adds to the live environment and quite honestly gets too much damn hate.

I don't think that most fans hate her. 

But even I am confused about the stuff she adds on the non-CD songs.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I don't think that most fans hate her. 

But even I am confused about the stuff she adds on the non-CD songs.

I have nothing personal against her and hating her would be idiotic.  She does have very nice singing voice.. But I don't understand what two keyboards add to a band like Gun's Roses in general? I mean what next, three keyboards?  You are not in  Dire Straits Axl... 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I have nothing personal against her and hating her would be idiotic.  She does have very nice singing voice.. But I don't understand what two keyboards add to a band like Gun's Roses in general? I mean what next, three keyboards?  You are not in  Dire Straits Axl... 

I don't mind two keyboarders. They added a lot during the 2001/2002 tour and I liked that stuff. 

But that's the point. I can only hear Melissa's backing vocals during most of the songs. That's like a waste of talent for me.

Edited by Sosso

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

GN'R and L.A. Weekly just sink all time low. Melissa rock icon? She is in a rock band but she is playing keyboards on songs she didn't write. Outside GN'R forums nobody knows nor cares about who she is. She has recorded zero rock albums on her own. In what way she is a rock icon?

Well, yeah, rock icon is obviously complete and utter nonsense. I don't have a problem with her being in the band, though and can't see why anyone would? Don't understand the hate she gets at all.

• Like 1

I don't hate her per say.. I do hate the fact that she is in the band.. I think her position in the band is f'n useless. It is awkward when the cameras focus on her.. She would fit in better the Spice Girls or a circus side show.. I wish she would go away....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I guess it's a matter of opinion... personally for me, the only music icon who plays keyboard is this:

I guess Richard Wright isn't rock icon?

----------

It's sad how the term rock icon is thrown around like it's nothing Jimi Hendrix, Elvis and John Lennon are spinning in their graves, when we beceme so desperate that this "thing" is called rock icon.

Edited by DexAxl
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DexAxl said:

I guess Richard Wright isn't rock icon?

It's sad how the term rock icon is thrown around like it's nothing Jimi Hendrix, Elvis and John Lennon are spinning in their graves, when we beceme so desperate that this "thing" is called rock icon.

Richard Wright IS a rock icon.  I find it little baffling that you took my post seriously. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo