LA Weekly: Guns N' Roses’ First Female Member Has Become a Rock Icon

She might be a rock icon in some parallel universe... :rolleyes:

I have nothing against her (in fact I love her voice and enjoy her positive attitude) but she's clearly not an icon, it's not even up to discussion. Most people going to the shows have no idea who she is or what she does outside GNR.

Also, I think she's very talented but as she said a while ago, rock is not really her thing so.... ROCK ICON? Beyond absurd :facepalm:

That being said, I don't think there's anyone in the entire world who could bring more to the band than she does because the 2nd keyboard player role in GNR is the most stupid and unnecessary role ever. At least she's a great singer and removed all those incredibly disgusting noises Pitman was adding, ruining some of the greatest rock songs ever written. There shouldn't be a 2nd keyboard player (I'm not even sure why there's one except for 4-5 obvious songs) but Melissa is a massive improvement over that asshole who was there before.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

How I imagine @Tom-Ass and the others who hate Melissa reacted lol

P.S. The article is obviously bullshit. She is not a rock icon.

:lol: That's how the majority react on the Marathon thread when Motley Crue songs are posted by those of us with exceptional taste in music. :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

How everybody gets hung up on that one word is kinda ridiculous. That interview has a lot more to say than that..

Yeah why get hung up on just one word, the interview itself is pretty... rad ;)

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

To be fair, I think Dizzy Reed is more deserving of this attention than Melissa. Atleast Dizzy has been featured on a few GnR albums and has earned his stripes. The guy has survived on free beer and change stuck in Axl's sofa for the last 30 years. Can we give him an article please?

Dizzy already had his own article last year.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-gives-his-first-interview-since-the-reunion-7559210

If Dizzy is the one who wrote Estranged piano line i would hailed him as Rock Icon, too bad he didn't.

11 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Dizzy already had his own article last year.

http://www.laweekly.com/music/guns-n-roses-keyboardist-dizzy-reed-gives-his-first-interview-since-the-reunion-7559210

If Dizzy is the one who wrote Estranged piano line i would hailed him as Rock Icon, too bad he didn't.

So Axl wrote all the piano parts of Estranged? I've attributed that to Dizzy all these years. I always wondered if he wrote his own parts for these songs or if Axl micro-managed the entire affair and told Dizzy what to play a la Sorum.

Edited by RONIN

1 minute ago, RONIN said:

So Axl wrote all the piano parts of Estranged? I've attributed that to Dizzy all these years. I always wondered if he wrote his own parts for these songs or if Axl micro-managed the entire affair and told Dizzy what to play a la Sorum.

If i remember on the Making Estranged video Dizzy even said he had to bring cheat sheet on first few UYI tour concert because he barely can play it.

As far i know Axl always play his own piano part on Stephanie ballad like NR, Estranged, TIL and personal song like 14 Years, Breakdown, or Yesterday by himself. Dizzy simply didn't play that on album, or just play organ/keyboard part if it's present instead, just not the piano part. Dizzy play piano on tunes like CW, PTU, KOHD, Locomotive, and majority of CD's song though.

• Like 1

The rock icon thing is just the interviewer kissing ass. It's common in the industry, but it's not on Mellisa. I really like her vocals and she really doesn't get in the way of the music imo.

Iconic interview.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Axl wrote and played piano on Estranged, NR, and Breakdown. The only piano song that Dizzy has going for him as far as song writing goes is Street of Dreams (and the only other song on CD that he plays piano on is If The World).

Edited by Mendez

For sure she can`t do anything about how that article was written. She seems like a nice person with a good voice who is living her dream; also someone doing her job is needed for the CD songs and possibly any new ones to come. And as opposed to band members such as former band members such as Buckehead or Robin Finck she actually looks rather normal with her blue hair :lol: 

I am curious what 50 songs she was mastering in the studio?

• Like 1