LA Weekly: Guns N' Roses’ First Female Member Has Become a Rock Icon

9 hours ago, Sunset Gardner said:

i respectfully disagree kind sir, there IS absolutely reason to doubt she is a member… which record did she play on?  which songs did she write or co-write?   she was hired by Fat Elvis to say yes exactly at the same places pitman was hired to say yes.  she's a touring employee until she contributes something to the band on the same level as say… Mick Taylor or Ron Wood did for The Stones.  i like bands like Zepplin that actually BREAK UP instead of replacing and hiring a new person... because THAT is rock n' roll, that is loyalty, that is real.  

agree to disagree, and please don't get me wrong, i like her and have no problem with her being there and certainly put the "icon" talk on LA Weekly, not her.   

and i certainly don't disagree that she could have an impact on a new record, the same way i feel about fortus.  i would love to see a "richard fortus period" for guns if izzy can't be there to play ball.  

To be a "band member" you don't have to play on a record. You can be in a band and never release an album and be a member of said band, these are just rules you've made up.

Not sure why you would like bands that "break up" versus bands who stay together or evolve, but each to their own. I'm pleased to still be able to see the majority of the people who made these great records out there playing them live for the fans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mendez said:

So basically the band Kiss?

I wouldn't compare them to Kiss. Apart from the heavy makeup, I don't think that they have that much in common. I'm not a fan of Kiss, but they do have some songs that I like and their appearance and flashy shows have some campy entertainment value for me. BVB is just depressing/boring all around. 

12 minutes ago, Fanboy said:

why... why did you do that.. ?

Because I aim to please (and depress) :lol:

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I wouldn't compare them to Kiss. Apart from the heavy makeup, I don't think that they have that much in common. I'm not a fan of Kiss, but they do have some songs that I like and their appearance and flashy shows have some campy entertainment value for me. BVB is just depressing/boring all around. 

What does BVB stand for? Don't know who those guys are. The only BVB I know is Borussia Dortmund and none of them looks like Marco Reus in make up to me. :lol:

6 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

It seems LA weekly made her a magazine cover too, as part of 50 most interesting people of 2017 series.

Grab your copy fuckers!  :lol:

Not enough facepalms for that cover. She's a true rock icon, hell yeah... 

grreat.gif

Edited by Darkenchantress
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

What does BVB stand for? Don't know who those guys are. The only BVB I know is Borussia Dortmund and none of them looks like Marco Reus in make up to me. :lol:

Black Veil Brides. I might have exaggerated my opinion about them. I don't hate their music, it just doesn't do anything for me. It's just background noise. 

Their image is another thing... that "millenial emo dildo" - look makes me cringe. 

18 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Black Veil Brides. I might have exaggerated my opinion about them. I don't hate their music, it just doesn't do anything for me. It's just background noise. 

Their image is another thing... that "millenial emo dildo" - look makes me cringe. 

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Thanks for the clarification!

9 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

logo-altnation-newspaper-chalk-low-300w-70h-300x70.png

The Pope is actually an ADMIN on the infamous MyGNRForum website!

By: Brett Buchanan - May 8, 2017

TOP STORY:

As revealed today, The POPE has been secretly leading a double life and posts regularly on a little-know Guns N' Roses' fan site.

The bizarre website has previously only been know for it's wealth of material for this author's wildly lame click-bait type of rock n' roll articles.

The pontiff, or as he's know on MyGNRForum as @RussTCB, is actually an ADMIN there.  

Rock On Holy Father!  It's safe to say that his favorite Guns N' Roses song is probably 'Patience'.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well done. I lol'd!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

BREAKING NEWS:

TOP STORY:

As revealed today, The POPE has been secretly leading a double life and posts regularly on a little-know Guns N' Roses' fan site.

The bizarre website has previously only been know for it's wealth of material for this author's wildly lame click-bait type of rock n' roll articles.

The pontiff, or as he's know on MyGNRForum as @RussTCB, is actually an ADMIN there.  

Rock On Holy Father!  It's safe to say that his favorite Guns N' Roses song is probably 'Patience'.

omg!! :rofl-lol:

31 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

BREAKING NEWS:

TOP STORY:

Go 123456789000000 likes?????

• Like 1

On 5.5.2017 at 6:02 PM, Sosso said:

But she actually is a band member. There is no reason to doubt that. And I think that she will play a big role in the studio, in regards of co-songwriting, recording and production.

It's relative, but I agree. Pitman got his world in not only live. Mellisa is actually very gifted as she can do a lot of different things. She can actually sing and compose, produce and jump around. She has value, but her role is the tiniest. Every part really does matter though.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1