Band Logos

Silverburst80

9 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Who has the best and most recognizable logos in music. The Rolling Stones tongue?, the Wu Tang W?, there's some great ones out there so let's see em.

You mean strictly a logo with no words? Because I think the original GNR logo is highly recognizable,but that contains words. Zoso is one. I can't think of any logo more Iconic than the RollingStones in music. It's up there with Golden Arches and Apple.

Edited by The Holographic Universe

26 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You mean strictly a logo with no words? Because I think the original GNR logo is highly recognizable,but that contains words. Zoso is one. I can't think of any logo more Iconic than the RollingStones in music. It's up there with Golden Arches and Apple.

Yes strictly logo, Led Zep Zoso is pretty famous and they had the angel as well?. The GNR logo does have the bands name generally, though i'm pretty sure i've seen it without here and there. I suppose they don't have to be strictly famous just cool ones people know of. I used the think the Sepultura bone S was pretty killer.

Edited by Silverburst80

4 hours ago, J Dog said:

The Grateful Dead skull and lightning bolt

I like the Nirvana smiley face with X eyes

The Misfits skull

Yep all iconic. Funnily enough i have that Wu Tang/Nirvana mash up shirt, black n yellow says Wu Tang instead of Nirvana and has the Wu symbol instead of the x's for eyes.

Edited by Silverburst80

When i first ever ever ever ever got into Guns n Roses, i was really young, like 1992, this lad told me of some symbol apparently that was like the guns n roses symbol.  It consisted of a circle with a straight line coming out of top and an X going through the circle.  I tell ya i drew that bastard thing every-fuckin'-where I could find a spot to draw it, on toilet walls, on the railway arches with spray paint, on classroom desks, all over the fuckin' gaff.  To this day i don't know where the fuck he got it from.  Fair dues we were 9 and 10 that age and kids do make up a load of bollocks at that age and it weren't exactly the age of information where there was an internet to confirm this shit on but yeah, I drew that shit fuckin' everywhere like a little nobhead :lol: 

• Like 2

Has to be the Stones tongue. Can't think of anything else that comes close. 

Yes, things like the Ramones logo and the Nirvana smiley spend a lot of time on t-shirts. But pure recognizability... Stones. 

Just now, username said:

Technically not a Beatles logo is it? I mean, strictly it's the record company. 

I suppose.  And it's off a Magritte painting too if I'm not mistaken.  Their band name with that lettering they use, thats a logo but i guess not in the pure sense of an emblem in the place of the band name in written form.  

10 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

When i first ever ever ever ever got into Guns n Roses, i was really young, like 1992, this lad told me of some symbol apparently that was like the guns n roses symbol.  It consisted of a circle with a straight line coming out of top and an X going through the circle.  I tell ya i drew that bastard thing every-fuckin'-where I could find a spot to draw it, on toilet walls, on the railway arches with spray paint, on classroom desks, all over the fuckin' gaff.  To this day i don't know where the fuck he got it from.  Fair dues we were 9 and 10 that age and kids do make up a load of bollocks at that age and it weren't exactly the age of information where there was an internet to confirm this shit on but yeah, I drew that shit fuckin' everywhere like a little nobhead :lol: 

There's probably people to this day walking around goin, 'wtf is that symbol? I must find out it's probably something cool"

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

so you did graffiti? bad boy! :D 

9 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Beatles Apple, The Who's Mod target symbol are pretty recognisable.  

since i have so many Beatles albums ( big brother had almost everything by them ) i have some albums which are pre-Apple logo. if i knew where the box of albums was i could look. i wonder if the ones pre-Apple logo are worth anything?

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

The Aerosmith logo is pretty iconic.. even if you didn't see the writing, or it was not included, it would still be instantly recognizable.

Image result for aerosmith logo

Van Halen as well. (either one lol)

Van Halen Decals

I was gonna mention the VH. Drew that on many a notebook cover in my youth (the old one)... Also used to love to draw the Twisted Sister bony TS.... :lol:

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

since i have so many Beatles albums ( big brother had almost everything by them ) i have some albums which are pre-Apple logo. if i knew where the box of albums was i could look. i wonder if the ones pre-Apple logo are worth anything?

They didn't form Apple Records until 1968 if memory serves, so the only Beatles albums that should have Apple on the logo are the White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be - singles, from 'Hey Jude/Revolution' onward. The 1963 - 67 albums should be on Parlophone (UK)/Capital (US).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They didn't form Apple Records until 1968 if memory serves, so the only Beatles albums that should have Apple on the logo are the White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road and Let It Be - singles, from 'Hey Jude/Revolution' onward. The 1963 - 67 albums should be on Parlophone (UK)/Capital (US).

i have not seen my albums for maybe like 8 years? i have them somewhere in one of my storage sheds here but i have like revolver, meet the beatles and others pre 1968 and i think i remember they did not have the Apple logo....i can't remember what but i am thinking something like MCA?

8 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have not seen my albums for maybe like 8 years? i have them somewhere in one of my storage sheds here but i have like revolver, meet the beatles and others pre 1968 and i think i remember they did not have the Apple logo....i can't remember what but i am thinking something like MCA?

That's what Diesel is saying though. Apple Records didn't exist for most of The Beatles' career, so they wouldn't be on that label. 

I really love the old Marillion logo:

Marillion%20-%20Marillomania%20-%20Enric

(unfortunately not mine...)

Just read that third post (personally think that limits this thread far too much), in that case it would be Marillion's jester and magpie, they appeared on every single early album and were easily recognizable.

marillion_misplacef.jpg  marillion-thieving-magpie-rerelease.jpg  15232891510_87aa96dbed_b.jpg  cover_18291617102008.jpg

Edited by Zurimor