Locomotive Appreciation Thread

Eric Cantona

It is so incredible.  Its got prog stuff happening, the chorus is rather punk, almost psychedelia in the outro, that piano and drum is so good in outro.  

That guitar note that usher in the outro - that weeping, aching tone - and axls cooing, its incredible.  Those few bars as the drums reenter almost create a physical space, its like where Slashs opium consciousness meets Axls unique mental health consciousness.  And then weary, mournful pleas from that isolated plain of existence are either carried, or muted(?), by the insatiable churning of the train rhythm.  

I know it sounds like I'm on the nod myself :lol:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It is one of my favorites :headbang:  I love all the sacasm and frustration Axl expressed in the lyrics. I think it's one of Axl's best songs. It's a shame it hasn't been played more often in the 90s. I still have hope they would play it at some point during this reunion.

• 9 months later...

The last few minutes of the song (the outro) are some of my absolute favorite recorded GN'R moments!  Fucking PERFECT.  I wish they had followed UYI2 with another album SOON afterwards in the same vein as Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Breakdown, Estranged, and You Could Be Mine.  It seemed like they had found a magical amazing groove at that point musically and creatively and could have made some more amazing music.