Argentina in october confirmed

11 hours ago, solstar said:

Ibut I'm sure producers will give official information about this after we get the tickets.

AHAHAHAHahAHAH impliying that Ake Music gives any kind of information about their events

The Who are 50,000 fuckin' times the band Guns n Roses will ever be, 'why do Guns piggyback The Who, they don't need them', well the answers in the fuckin' question there isn't it? The Who, even as they are, in their fuckin' 70s and decimated as a unit being without Moon and Entwhistle are still a higher profile act than GnR, literally any band in the world with the exception of The Rolling Stones 'need' The Who in the sense that it would help their profile no end by being associated with em, quite frankly I think it's charitable of The Who to lend themselves to GnR.  There is no level whatsoever upon which GnR measure up to The Who, no way on earth.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That's some unbelievable math

unbelievably accurate maths, honestly, comparing GnR with The Who, are you people fuckin' mad or what?!?  Matt Sorum and Steven Adler...vs Keith Moon?!? :lol:  Duff McKagan vs The Ox? Pete Townshend, one of the best guitarists in rock n roll history...vs Slash?  And thats just comparing musicianship, outside of that The Who have the bigger albums, better live band by fuckin' miles, more hit singles, on what level do Guns n fuckin' Roses, compare to The Who?  And I thought I'd tried all the best drugs in the world, clearly some members of this forum have got access to some hardcore shit.  A pale 1980s retro wannabe Aero Zeppelin band...vs one of the greatest most original most powerful rock n roll bands to ever grace the planet earth, its nuts.

Shit, The Who were even better at taking drugs and hellraising than GnR :lol:  

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, moreblack said:

That's some unbelievable math

Diane Abbott told him it was right. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

unbelievably accurate maths, honestly, comparing GnR with The Who, are you people fuckin' mad or what?!?  Matt Sorum and Steven Adler...vs Keith Moon?!? :lol:  Duff McKagan vs The Ox? Pete Townshend, one of the best guitarists in rock n roll history...vs Slash?  And thats just comparing musicianship, outside of that The Who have the bigger albums, better live band by fuckin' miles, more hit singles, on what level do Guns n fuckin' Roses, compare to The Who?  And I thought I'd tried all the best drugs in the world, clearly some members of this forum have got access to some hardcore shit.  A pale 1980s retro wannabe Aero Zeppelin band...vs one of the greatest most original most powerful rock n roll bands to ever grace the planet earth, its nuts.

Shit, The Who were even better at taking drugs and hellraising than GnR :lol:  

Daltrey fucking hated drugs. He famously sparked Moon after flushing his entire stash down the khazi! :lol:

11 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Diane Abbott told him it was right. :lol:

Daltrey fucking hated drugs. He famously sparked Moon after flushing his entire stash down the khazi! :lol:

Moonie on his own probably done more than all of GnR combined...throw The Ox and Townshend in there and you more than carry the slack for Rog' :lol:  Anyway, Rog' flew the flag for the hardnut aspect too, another level on which The Who piss all over GnR :lol:. Maybe not Moonie and Townshend but Rog' and John all day long!

Edited by Len Cnut

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Moonie on his own probably done more than all of GnR combined...throw The Ox and Townshend in there and you more than carry the slack for Rog' :lol:  Anyway, Rog' flew the flag for the hardnut aspect too, another level on which The Who piss all over GnR :lol:. Maybe not Moonie and Townshend but Rog' and John all day long!

I heard a cracking story about Daltrey telling Pete that all the rock opera stuff was shite. Townsend apparently swung his guitar which Roger ducked and duly sparked him the fuck out! :lol: 

I once slept through an entire Who gig also. Just thought I'd add that. :lol:

Edited by Dazey

59 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The Who are 50,000 fuckin' times the band Guns n Roses will ever be, 'why do Guns piggyback The Who, they don't need them', well the answers in the fuckin' question there isn't it? The Who, even as they are, in their fuckin' 70s and decimated as a unit being without Moon and Entwhistle are still a higher profile act than GnR, literally any band in the world with the exception of The Rolling Stones 'need' The Who in the sense that it would help their profile no end by being associated with em, quite frankly I think it's charitable of The Who to lend themselves to GnR.  There is no level whatsoever upon which GnR measure up to The Who, no way on earth.

The Who wanted to do a stadium tour in Southamerica but to ensure they fill the stadiums, the producers added GnR.

That is because South Americans still like mullet rock. Globally The Who are considered in the same pantheon as the Beatles and Stones.

8 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I heard a cracking story about Daltrey telling Pete that all the rock opera stuff was shite. Townsend apparently swung his guitar which Roger ducked and duly sparked him the fuck out! :lol: 

I once slept through an entire Who gig also. Just thought I'd add that. :lol:

I once fell asleep at a Prodigy concert!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is because South Americans still like mullet rock. Globally The Who are considered in the same pantheon as the Beatles and Stones.

I once fell asleep at a Prodigy concert!

I was once thrown out of Sheffield City Hall where that Pulp video was filmed after falling asleep on the flashing dance floor during a club night. I later woke up in a lift in a random block of flats. 

Just now, Dazey said:

I was once thrown out of Sheffield City Hall where that Pulp video was filmed after falling asleep on the flashing dance floor during a club night. I later woke up in a lift in a random block of flats. 

Yes, I think you told me that one. Your life consists of a series of escapades and pratfalls.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, I think you told me that one. Your life consists of a series of escapades and pratfalls.

It used to. Now it consists mostly of shitty nappies and poverty. :lol:

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

wnshend, one of the best guitarists in rock n roll history...vs Slash?

Which Slash also kind of is. Rock's not exactly the hardest guitar style to master. But neither is quite Vai or Yngwie or anything like that.

Edited by moreblack

14 hours ago, solstar said:

I really really really hope you are wrong :lol:

I won't be able to take 2 hours of The Who :facepalm:

This is getting me rather anxious actually. I don't know whether to get tickets for this date or wait and see if there is another date. I have a feeling there will be another one (hopefully Oct 3rd in Rosario or 6th in River) but maybe this is just wishful thinking. :unsure: And then if I wait and there are no additional dates and tickets sell out, I'm gonna be really sorry :nervous:

hmm... I'm not that worried, lol :lol:

I saw them twice last year so let's say that "I'm done" about that. I met my goals. Seeing them again now would only be for the spoiled brat in me.

So I will wait what I can figure out this time.... since the show will pretty much be the same, I need to make a difference on my own, like different goals this year.

Only shit that I'm veeeeeeery upset about is the price of the tickets because of The Who :max:

That shit really puts me off and makes me think twice about this crap.

35 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Which Slash also kind of is. Rock's not exactly the hardest guitar style to master. But neither is quite Vai or Yngwie or anything like that.

Right but Rock is the one we're talking about so their ability to do Segovia pieces is hardly pertinent.  And comparatively speaking you can't seriously put Slash on a par with Townshend, Townshend is one of THE electric guitar players of all time.  Which isn't to say that he's some kind of Beethoven with it, what he is is a serious innovator with the instrument in the rock sphere, the same can't be said for Slash, who is a pretty good guitarist in his own right but Townshend, his work with feedback, his playing on some of the defining rock records of all time, what he contributed in terms of like stage moves and that, he's up there in any halfway decent list of best rock guitarists of all time, the guys one of the most unique and most powerful rock guitarists of all time.  The problem with Vai and Yngwie is they get bought up in all the wrong conversations.  Chuck Berry is one of the greatest rock guitarists as well and he's not quite Vai or Yngwie either, thank God.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Right but Rock is the one we're talking about so their ability to do Segovia pieces is hardly pertinent.  And comparatively speaking you can't seriously put Slash on a par with Townshend, Townshend is one of THE electric guitar players of all time.  Which isn't to say that he's some kind of Beethoven with it, what he is is a serious innovator with the instrument in the rock sphere, the same can't be said for Slash, who is a pretty good guitarist in his own right but Townshend, his work with feedback, his playing on some of the defining rock records of all time, what he contributed in terms of like stage moves and that, he's up there in any halfway decent list of best rock guitarists of all time, the guys one of the most unique and most powerful rock guitarists of all time.  The problem with Vai and Yngwie is they get bought up in all the wrong conversations.  Chuck Berry is one of the greatest rock guitarists as well and he's not quite Vai or Yngwie either, thank God.

Yeah I don't know why that came up, been listening to a lot of non rock lately. I still think Slash is up there with Pete though, from his generation onwards at least.

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Yeah I don't know why that came up, been listening to a lot of non rock lately. I still think Slash is up there with Pete though, from his generation onwards at least.

Slash is good, i like Slash, Slash is the first person that made me sit up and take notice of electric guitar players, I'll always rate him...but he ain't no Pete Townshend...the 'from his generation onwards' bit is kinda key, i think you know what I'm talking about.  As far as the electric guitar Pete is up there with a bunch of people who really changed the possibilities of what you did with it.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

There is no level whatsoever upon which GnR measure up to The Who, no way on earth.

Except for ticket sales, clearly, which is why The Who need to play with them instead of doing a tour on their own. They can't do a tour on their own in South America. Guns are the bigger band, they don't need any band on the bill to sell tickets in these markets, same cannot be said for The Who.

• Like 1