Poll: Your favourite instrumental by a guitar duo

Favourite guitar duo  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Brownstone drum said:

Liked some of the Bumble/ Fortus jams mostly before Madagascar, not sure if they were covers or original? 

They sound like originals for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brownstone drum said:

Yeah do to me as well.  Always thought their jams were cool, actually most of the nu gnr jams were good, maybe parts of unheard songs on some of them?

Yeah, maybe some song ideas. It's a shame that CDII hasn't seen the light of the day yet.

1 minute ago, Get In the Ring Motherfker said:

I always liked that wild horses rendition.Gilby & Slash seemed like a nice combination. Shame that Gilby wasn't really given the chance to write with them.

I like Pawnshop Guitars and that live album he did with Tracii Guns. 

• Like 2

i went with slash and gilby… i've often wondered what could have happened had gilby gotten the chance to write with and for the band.  i think something special could happen between slash and richard though, he's a real player, special, and if it can't be izzy then i'm rooting for fortus.  

if no izzy, would love to see a new record by this:

axl 

slash

duff 

fortus 

steven / matt (maybe i'm crazy, but i can clearly see them splitting duties in the studio and live).  

dizzy

Edited by Sunset Gardner

Wild Horses.

My friend - bless her soul - thinks so poorly of the guitar duets that she believed they were random events where Axl "had to go to the bathroom or something, leaving the guys in a lurch to just noodle awkwardly."

I dont have nearly that negative view of them.  And yes, they are partially a planned break for other members to do things including going to the washroom.  

I love some guitar solos and duets have a lot of potential, but I could take or leave any of these really.

The Gilby and Slash jam eventually developed to include Gilby doing some slide lead guitar on Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.  I prefer just the wild horses jam personally.

• Like 2