Fortus on Slash & Duff: 'I Think We All Agree It Clicked Instantly' [Update Page 7 - ''I Don't Think This Band Has Ever Sounded Better Than It Does Right Now'']

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

^^^

All I know is you seem to have a tendency to take things way too literally in order to help you with your quest which is to take a piece of info that has the potential to detract and run with it.

Everything you need to know can be found in my previous posts in this thread. You are way off imo.

I'm just accepting him at his word!

You have a tendency to turn everything into a collosal fudge.

On 05/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

Far from being a hired hand, guitarist Richard Fortus has become an indispensable part of the Gun N’ Roses line-up.

"I don’t think this band has ever sounded better than it does right now." 

"Axl has never sounded better."

This is a joke right ? :facepalm:

mrbig-yes-yes-it-is-and-you-know-it.jpg

TBH, I think they are just defending/promoting this lineup and trying to sell more tickets. Quite understandable if you look at it from that point of view. But I have never heard anyone say, that they are going to see GN'R because of Fortus. Or that someone would skip the gig if Fortus is not there. And what comes to Axl's voice, everyone knows it's not the same as it used to be. It' s a shame, but there's nothing you can do about it. 

On 05/19/2017 at 11:02 AM, Rovim said:

Groovy.

its-groovy-baby.jpg

That's enough memes for me today.... 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
---

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 0:17 PM, Nikki_Sixx said:

Can we go back to dissing Fortus instead of dissing each other ?

Fortus wishes he was Izzy. Truth is, Fortus isn't good enough to even carry Izzy's bags.

There. Now it's your turn!

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

Far from being a hired hand, guitarist Richard Fortus has become an indispensable part of the Gun N’ Roses line-up :rolleyes: 

"I don’t think this band has ever sounded better than it does right now." Such a shame he wasn't a fan, he missed all the 80's and 90's gigs...

"Axl has never sounded better." I love Axl and I'm definitely enjoying his performances on the NITL tour but, never sounded better? Sure, Richard...

I like Richard but I like him a lot more when he's not talking.

I did appreciate the comment about those who wait their moment to wank, though. Bumblefoot must be pleased :P

Shows how out of touch Fortus is, with reality of course

Fortus and Slash sure does wank a lot. But it seems like in terms of technical skills, Richard is ahead.

Best part was:

Although unable to shed much light on possible future material - “I sure hope so!” he says simply.

• Like 1

Some people have to calm down about him. Izzy is not available so Richard is the next best thing. That guy deserves more respect.

Isn't it possible to like them both?

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sosso said:

Some people have to calm down about him. Izzy is not available so Richard is the next best thing. That guy deserves more respect.

Isn't it possible to like them both?

QOx3BR.gif

Just kidding... sure you can like them both. I don't dislike Fortus, I just don't care about him. (And yes, I know that plenty of people don't care about Izzy.)

Sure, Richard is more technically skilled, but  so what?

There are many lead guitarists who are more technically skilled than Slash.  Would I like to see them on stage instead of Slash? No. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

QOx3BR.gif

Just kidding... sure you can like them both. I don't dislike Fortus, I just don't care about him. (And yes, I know that plenty of people don't care about Izzy.)

Sure, Richard is more technically skilled, but  so what?

There are many lead guitarists who are more technically skilled than Slash.  Would I like to see them on stage instead of Slash? No. 

I like every incarnation of GN'R. I'm even interested in the early Hollywood Rose/L. A. Guns/original line-up with Tracii Guns days . The NITL is another fascinating chapter in he bands history. The only thing negative thing I can discover is no new matieral.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I like every incarnation of GN'R. I'm even interested in the early Hollywood Rose/L. A. Guns/original line-up days with Tracii Guns. The NITL is another fascinating chapter in he bands history. The only thing negative thing I can discover is no new matieral.

I'd say you are very good and open minded GN'R fan. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'd say you are very good and open minded GN'R fan. :thumbsup:

Thanks ;)

I wonder how much Richard will be involved in the songwriting process. He co-wrote a couple of very good rock songs during his days with Love Spit Love and The Dead Daisies.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Not when Gilby Clarke still walks this earth.

Hahaha...A funny turn of events!!! I remember very well how much Gilby was crucified in the 90's. Back in those days a lot of hardcores treated him like trash and constantly cursed him, just as some of us are doing now with Fortus!

And apparently we haven´t learned anything from the past...

C´mon guys! Those who are not satisfied always have the option to move on, after all this is about Art! Don´t let a rock band ruin your life, don´t let a rock band transmute you into a sad person...Too much pain here!

4 hours ago, Derick said:

Hahaha...A funny turn of events!!! I remember very well how much Gilby was crucified in the 90's. Back in those days a lot of hardcores treated him like trash and constantly cursed him, just as some of us are doing now with Fortus!

And apparently we haven´t learned anything from the past...

C´mon guys! Those who are not satisfied always have the option to move on, after all this is about Art! Don´t let a rock band ruin your life, don´t let a rock band transmute you into a sad person...Too much pain here!

What do you mean by "in the 90s"? I never heard fans were hostile to Gilby at shows. You mean fan forums in the 90s? Axl and Slash were a lot more crucified than Gilby

2 hours ago, Padme said:

What do you mean by "in the 90s"? I never heard fans were hostile to Gilby at shows. You mean fan forums in the 90s? Axl and Slash were a lot more crucified than Gilby

We had fan clubs in the 90s, we usually met at record stores (or someone else's house) we heard K7, Vinil. We watched MTV on the expectation that there would be a clip or some news from the band ... And yes,many of us would not have accepted Gilby at that time , he was stealing Izzy's place !! And perhaps unconsciously, we thought that the more we hated Gilby, the faster Izzy would return to the band! And yes, Axl was very hated too, as always.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He really isn't the next best thing though... I think most people realize that Izzy wasn't available. That doesn't automatically make Fortus the next best thing.. He was just what was there.. A leftover from the awful CD era.. 

Hopefully zero percent.... Hell, I don't even want him to be involved in the recording process. Never mind writing... Scary shit...

You deleted half of my second post so I can't take your post very seriously.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1