Fortus on Slash & Duff: 'I Think We All Agree It Clicked Instantly' [Update Page 7 - ''I Don't Think This Band Has Ever Sounded Better Than It Does Right Now'']

25 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Oh fuck off. Izzy would be available, if they wouldn't treat him like an employee.

Dude. You just repeat the same things others have said on this forum. 

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:12 AM, Sosso said:

I like every incarnation of GN'R. I'm even interested in the early Hollywood Rose/L. A. Guns/original line-up with Tracii Guns days . The NITL is another fascinating chapter in he bands history. The only thing negative thing I can discover is no new matieral.

I also like every incarnation of GNR.

Fortus is not in GNR.

Fortus is officially a part of the band like it or not. The programs at the shows place him under "Band" not "session musician" or "touring band". He also played on the band's last studio album where he was again, not listed as session or touring but a legitimate member of the band. I understand people don't like he's in the band, but facts show otherwise he is most definitely a member.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maynard said:

Fortus is a session musician. Him, Frank, Melissa and I guess Dizzy are hired to play along reunited GNR - Axl, Slash and Duff.

So what? Robin was a hired gun as well and we got Better thanks to Axl's inspired choice. Slash hired Myles, you can see they are true band members, but the collaboration gave us Apocalyptic Love. Regardless, even before that I thought Snakepit sucked with 2 vocalists that were a poor match for Slash for different reasons.

He's not just a session musician, Page and Slash were both inspired by the session muse many times. It doesn't mean a member is less real just because he was hand picked by Axl and was getting paid for playing in his dark past. Fortus is as real as it gets when it comes to being a true band member of Gn'R's current line up.

Edited by Rovim

6 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I also like every incarnation of GNR.

Fortus is not in GNR.

Yeah, he isnt. We, with our amazing forum habilities, we are GNR but the guy whos playing guitar with them? Of course not. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

The hate is real on this forum. I completely understand the people who prefer another lineup to this one and I completely understand the people who want the AFD lineup, but constantly shit talking everyone in the lineup (including the Big 3) just because Steven and Izzy aren't here is really starting to get old.

Just a little pro tip- people respond better if you present your argument in a well thought out manner than if you just blatantly attack someone or their ideas

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Did not know that playing your greatest hits for decades with zero intentions of writing new material was considered "art".

Well, it´s clear that you and your partners don´t know the definition of art or under the effect of the blind fanaticism(trying to coaching/manage a rock band) prefer to ignore it. But let´s play...It doesn´t matter the year, decade, century or millennium in which an art was created. If it´s capable of provoking emotions, entertaining and giving people good moments, it still´s art. Look outside the window, people are having the time of their lives on the NITLT, they are having fun..These people are proof that art is fulfilling its role.

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

Two different things.

How so ?

They were all hired as additional musicians for a tour.  They have contributed exactly zero to the GNR legacy.  They are utterly and completely replaceable.

So were/are Dizzy and Gilby by the way.  But at least THEY got to play with GNR, when it was still GNR.  At least they got to appear on GNR albums, in GNR videos, etc ...

Just because Axl decides to put their name on a tourprogram or in advertising, doesn't mean they are suddenly members of GNR.  Axl was also the one who decided to call his solo band 'GNR' when he was the only original member, if you remember ?  He has an extensive track record of stupid decisions.

You don't HAVE to agree with everything Axl says and does you know ?  As a fan you can have a mind of your own.  He can do whatever he likes, and I can criticize him for it as much as I want ...

51 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Fortus is officially a part of the band like it or not. The programs at the shows place him under "Band" not "session musician" or "touring band". He also played on the band's last studio album where he was again, not listed as session or touring but a legitimate member of the band. I understand people don't like he's in the band, but facts show otherwise he is most definitely a member.

The last GNR studio album was TSI. 

I have yet to find Fortus' name in the liner notes ...

44 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

How so ?

They were all hired as additional musicians for a tour.  They have contributed exactly zero to the GNR legacy.  They are utterly and completely replaceable.

So were/are Dizzy and Gilby by the way.  But at least THEY got to play with GNR, when it was still GNR.  At least they got to appear on GNR albums, in GNR videos, etc ...

The last GNR studio album was TSI. 

I have yet to find Fortus' name in the liner notes ...

• Gilby Clarke has appeared on "The Spaghetti Incident?" (+Live Era: '87-'93) = Zero original Guns N' Roses track.
  • "The Spaghetti Incident?" was a cover album, with only cover songs.
  • Richard Fortus has appeared on Chinese Democracy (+Appetite For Democracy), an album that contain original Guns N' Roses songs.

#Facts

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Have you checked the promotion videos they have made? It is very clear that band members are three guys and three guys only.  All the other people are supporting cast. You can love and admire Fortus all you want. That doesn't change the role he plays in the band

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Have you checked the promotion videos they have made? It is very clear that band members are three guys and three guys only.  All the other people are supporting cast. You can love and admire Fortus all you want. That doesn't change the role he plays in the band

However, the official lineup has stated as seen in the brochures at concert that GN'R includes Fortus. It doesn't say he is a supporting member or touring. The last Guns album, Chinese Democracy has included him as a member of the band. The advertisements of course don't include Fortus- the purpose of the tour is to promote the reuniting of Axl, Duff, and Slash. I never said he was the most important or known member, but the facts stand he is a member.

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Well, it´s clear that you and your partners don´t know the definition of art or under the effect of the blind fanaticism(trying to coaching/manage a rock band) prefer to ignore it. But let´s play...It doesn´t matter the year, decade, century or millennium in which an art was created. If it´s capable of provoking emotions, entertaining and giving people good moments, it still´s art. Look outside the window, people are having the time of their lives on the NITLT, they are having fun..These people are proof that art is fulfilling its role.

That's gotta be the stupidest definition of art I have ever read in this forum.  Keep telling that to yourself, but I personally like to call a spade a spade.  Delusion is a hard thing to overcome, I'll give you that.

Ha, newbies are always laughable.

3 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

That's gotta be the stupidest definition of art I have ever read in this forum.  Newbies are always laughable.

C´mom oldie you can do better..let´s talk about it...Go ahead!

13 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

However, the official lineup has stated as seen in the brochures at concert that GN'R includes Fortus. It doesn't say he is a supporting member or touring. The last Guns album, Chinese Democracy has included him as a member of the band.

Oh please. Being a "member" would imply that he has say, and he most certainly does not. He's yet another disposable hired hand and nothing more. The guy hasn't been able to find his own success as a creative artist, so he's leeched on to the GNR brand instead. To the very vast majority, he'll always be that guy who isn't Izzy Stradlin.

Edited by todreamofwolves

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

However, the official lineup has stated as seen in the brochures at concert that GN'R includes Fortus. It doesn't say he is a supporting member or touring. The last Guns album, Chinese Democracy has included him as a member of the band. The advertisements of course don't include Fortus- the purpose of the tour is to promote the reuniting of Axl, Duff, and Slash. I never said he was the most important or known member, but the facts stand he is a member.

CD album also includes Pitman, Finck and others as members. They are gone. And it was obvious they were people hired by Axl. Following your logic Melissa is also a member because we can see her name in some brochure