Fortus on Slash & Duff: 'I Think We All Agree It Clicked Instantly' [Update Page 7 - ''I Don't Think This Band Has Ever Sounded Better Than It Does Right Now'']

Fortus was an Axl employee during Axl's solo career, which he called GNR for commercial reasons.

Foruts is now an employee of Axl, Slash and Duff. He's a touring member/side musician/hired guy. He has ZERO say in GNR's actions and direction.

Fortus will not be consulted in their next meeting to decide what's next. He may be invited to join them on tour.

Fortus is a member of the Dead Daisies and a GNR employee. It's not THAT HARD to understand it, is it?

• Like 4

Just now, maynard said:

Robin Finck played hundreds and hundreds of shows with NIN. Now go ask him if he considers himself a member of Nine Inch Nails.

Guns N' Roses has always been a band thing, creatively speaking, everybody knows NIN is Trent.

23 minutes ago, Padme said:

CD album also includes Pitman, Finck and others as members. They are gone. And it was obvious they were people hired by Axl. Following your logic Melissa is also a member because we can see her name in some brochure

Well, she actually is a band member. It doesn't matter if you have your very own definition of what GN'R should be or who should be/shouldn't be involved.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

Well, she actually is a band member. It doesn't matter if you have your very own definition of what GN'R should be or who should be/shouldn't be involved.

Yes Melissa Reese has already been playing more Guns N' Roses shows, than Brain and Buckethead combined.

• Like 1

It is not my definition. It is their definition of a band member, something we can see in the latest videos

• Like 1

It seems you are the one struggling to understand what "band member" really means.

If you think Melissa can come up with song ideas to the guys, be part of decisions like when and where to tour, release new music, go to a talk show to talk about the band... I'm sorry but you're wrong. Why? Because she's a hired touring musician. Hired touring musician =/= Band member.

Hopefully this post clears things up a bit for you. :)

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is not my definition. It is their definition of a band member, something we can see in the latest videos

That video clip was just for promotion purposes.

Richard, Frank, Dizzy and Melissa were already in other official video clips.

Edited by Sosso

11 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns N' Roses has always been a band thing, creatively speaking, everybody knows NIN is Trent.

Not always, from 1997 to 2014 it was just a solo project. NIN is Trent + Atticus as of 2017.

• Like 1

Just now, Sosso said:

That video clip was just for promotion purposes.

Richard, Frank, Dizzy Melissa were already in other official video clips.

The promotion features Axl, Slash and Duff because they are band members. And the only people that matter

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Padme said:

The promotion features Axl, Slash and Duff because they are band members. And the only people that matter

Have you seen other promo clips? They include the other four band members as well.

22 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns N' Roses top 5:

1. Axl Rose - 840 Guns N' Roses shows
  2. Dizzy Reed - 614 Guns N' Roses shows
  3. Duff McKagan - 486 Guns N' Roses shows
  4. Slash - 486 Guns N' Roses shows
  5. Richard Fortus - 413 Guns N' Roses shows

#Facts

That's quantity not quality. And that includes Axl. There were so many forgetable performances by him

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns N' Roses top 5:

#Facts

Duff McKagan has played more shows than Slash if you count the early days with Tracii and the Appetite for Democracy tour in 2014.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

Have you seen other promo clips? They include the other four band members as well.

We could also see a bit of Adler, Izzy and even Erin Everly hair for that matter in one of the videos. They are not mentioned at all. Only three people matter

55 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Oh please. Being a "member" would imply that he has say, and he most certainly does not. He's yet another disposable hired hand and nothing more. The guy hasn't been able to find his own success as a creative artist, so he's leeched on to the GNR brand instead. To the very vast majority, he'll always be that guy who isn't Izzy Stradlin.

He doesn't have control of the band but he does have his share of say. The way he speaks in interviews implies he had a part in choosing the set list. We all know Axl controls the band but it doesn't mean Fortus isn't a member. 

46 minutes ago, Padme said:

CD album also includes Pitman, Finck and others as members. They are gone. And it was obvious they were people hired by Axl. Following your logic Melissa is also a member because we can see her name in some brochure

Band members leave. Melissa is also a member.

37 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

Guns N' Roses top 5:

#Facts

If you wanna talk about facts please stick to the truth.

You can't combine touring numbers of two different bands just because they share the same name.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Fortus was an Axl employee during Axl's solo career, which he called GNR for commercial reasons.

Foruts is now an employee of Axl, Slash and Duff. He's a touring member/side musician/hired guy. He has ZERO say in GNR's actions and direction.

Fortus will not be consulted in their next meeting to decide what's next. He may be invited to join them on tour.

Fortus is a member of the Dead Daisies and a GNR employee. It's not THAT HARD to understand it, is it?

The fact that Slash did no interviews since their reunion and Duff spoke very carefully in their only reunion interview indicates that they are still not equally treated. Duff and Slash have indeed more power. Slash f.ex. has the power of using and pimpin' up the band logo and fonts. And he is free in his musical interpretations. But I doubt that Slash and Duff have the power to say: We gonna release a new album and new dvds in Fall 2017. Axl is still the only CEO of GnR. I'm pretty sure that Duff and Slash wanted Adler. They convinced Axl to give Steven a full time job. And when Steven hurt his back Axl was that pissed that Duff and Slash had to call Steven to inform him that he's out. If Axl had balls and attitude he would have called Steven himself. 

Frank, 4tus, Dizzy and that girl are just employees like Del James. They have no power at all. 

Edited by 2414225
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He doesn't have control of the band but he does have his share of say. The way he speaks in interviews implies he had a part in choosing the set list. We all know Axl controls the band but it doesn't mean Fortus isn't a member.

Band members leave. Melissa is also a member.

Could you please provide your source which would corroborate Richard having any say whatsoever in band matters? If Richard has say in the set-lists, I guess he must be "choosing" the same 20 songs that they've been playing this entire tour. Richard: "C'mon Axl, let's play WTTJ, SCOM, and Mr Brownstone again tonight. I really, really want to." 

Seriously, dude .. this guy is paid to do as he is told and nothing more. I'm not sure why you would even attempt to dispute this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 2414225 said:

The fact that Slash did no interviews since their reunion and Duff spoke very carefully in their only reunion interview indicates that they are still not equally treated. Duff and Slash have indeed more power. Slash f.ex. has the power of using and pimpin' up the band logo and fonts. And he is free in his musical interpretations. But I doubt that Slash and Duff have the power to say: We gonna release a new album and new dvds in Fall 2017. Axl is still the only CEO of GnR. I'm pretty sure that Duff and Slash wanted Adler. They convinced Axl to give Steven a full time job. And when Steven hurt his back Axl was that pissed that Duff and Slash had to call Steven to inform him that he's out. If Axl had balls and attitude he would have called Steven himself. 

Frank, 4tus, Dizzy and that girl are just employees like Del James. They have no power at all. 

Slash and Duff had never this kind of power. If so, the Illusions would sound way different, much more mature without all these farts on them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, todreamofwolves said:

Could you please provide your source which would corroborate Richard having any say whatsoever in band matters? If Richard has say in the set-lists, I guess he must be "choosing" the same 20 songs that they've been playing this entire tour. Richard: "C'mon Axl, let's play WTTJ, SCOM, and Mr Brownstone again tonight. I really, really want to." 

Seriously, dude .. this guy is paid to do as he is told and nothing more. I'm not sure why you would even attempt to dispute this.

And I'm not sure how you attempt to dispute facts that state Fortus is indeed the rythym guitarist of Guns.

1.) It's in the album Chinese Democracy liner notes

2.) Axl, in interviews, speaks of Fortus and everyone as band members- not touring musicians.

3.) The brochure at concerts states he is indeed in the band.

But disagree with facts, that's fine.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Slash and Duff had never this kind of power. If so, the Illusions would sound way different, much more mature without all these farts on them.

You're right. And it worked out fine as long Axl had concrete musical ideas and content. But since 1991 he was out of these ideas. Axl only did covers for the next years. The rest of the band still created new music, while Axl was not able to do the lyrics for the new tracks. And since he was not able to say: Guys, I need a creative break. We're gonna freeze GnR. 

He fired everyone except Dizzy. 

The truth is that Axl is done creatively since 1991. He had only visions. Pumped 13 million dollars into these visions while having no concrete goal for GnR.