As a kid, what did you want to be?

john lennon

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have never done that. well except with the horrid ex and he was already cheating on me so i was like why should i care? i actuallty THANKED God he was going this. there was one guy who was a welder. like a lot of guys like him would sleep over after working himself to utter exhaustion... we had a huge couch there in the garage.. then one night, idk how or even why i did it, but i went out to the garage and began stroking his arm and face. when he  finally was awake enough he asked "what's wrong hun? feel like talking?" of course that was not at all what i wanted! he caught on pretty quick and pulled me down into the hottest kiss every! anyway one thing lead to another, we were  together three wonderful months...

You  are a beautiful person.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, soon said:

I wanted to be a rodeo cowboy.  I also really loved Where The Red Ferns Grow and wanted to get some dogs and hunt racoons like in the book.  So I guess I was picturing being a homesteader who toured Rodeos pat of the year?

When my parents made clear we could not afford a horse, I briefly switched focus to being a rodeo clown :lol:

If you run across a real cowboy, ask him how long he's been a goat roper. :lol:

In KS, that's a sure way to get swung at. I imagine like calling a stranger in London a wanker...

I wanted to play for the NY Yankees in the summer, and drive a highway snow plow in the winter. I made one of those dreams come true for about 5 years. You probably don't need to guess which one. :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AtariLegend said:

I wanted to be Axl Rose or a director or a writer or someone who could change the world for the better or someone rich....

If only someone had crushed my dreams much earlier in life!

Not gonna lie, I also wanted to become Axl Rose when I grew up. I mean, I realized when I was about 9 that that wasn't going to happen, but you know. It was my ultimate goal. 

I changed my mind a lot as kids tend to do haha. When I was 7 I wanted to be an NFL quarterback, When I was 12 I wanted to work for NASA, when I was 16 I wanted to be a rockstar, and now I want to get a nice steady job as an HR rep once I'm out of school :lol:

• Like 1

First I wanted to be a filmmaker. Then I wanted to be just a screenwriter. Then a guitarist. Then a singer and guitarist. Now my new thing is I wanna be a novelist. I kinda wish I can shut the child part of my brain off so I can just focus on doing the best I can at my IT job instead of daydreaming about my aspirations all the time lol.

On 5/9/2017 at 1:16 PM, john lennon said:

Not gonna lie, I also wanted to become Axl Rose when I grew up. I mean, I realized when I was about 9 that that wasn't going to happen, but you know. It was my ultimate goal. 

hell ya i wanted to be Axl Rose !!! just my wish wasn't coming through, my voice sucked like month old eggs :facepalm:

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

hell ya i wanted to be Axl Rose !!! just my wish wasn't coming through, my voice sucked like month old eggs :facepalm:

Same for me when I was 16 :lol: I've worked on my voice in the last year though and now it has a Bon Scott type quality to it

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

First I wanted to be a filmmaker. Then I wanted to be just a screenwriter. Then a guitarist. Then a singer and guitarist. Now my new thing is I wanna be a novelist. I kinda wish I can shut the child part of my brain off so I can just focus on doing the best I can at my IT job instead of daydreaming about my aspirations all the time lol.

You can still do the novel thing if you can make the time. Unless you're talking about being like a best selling novelist

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I feel ya. Couldn't for my life figure out how to sing like Axl either, but I did manage to sound like some combination of Monica Z, Courtney Love, and Janis Joplin - or at least so I've heard. Idk because I don't really sing that much anymore. 

6 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

You can still do the novel thing if you can make the time. Unless you're talking about being like a best selling novelist

Yeah my goal at the moment is just to get a novel done. I'm trying not to have delusions of grandeur about it or anything like that. Said feeling is hard to resist though cause it's human nature to want to have big aspirations (or at least that's how I've always been).

• Like 1

I remember, this is when the RAF thing had dissipated somewhat, wanting to be in a band. The band I attempted to form always had a bassist missing and the drums were clapped out and held together with tape. Nobody had the bollocks to sing either. It never got beyond the garage. My songs in those days were heavily inspired by The Beatles and The Who. A lot of them had these big vocal pieces as I was going through a Beach Boys phrase at that time. Some of them were fairly corny, but intentionally corny. Ahh, the glories of a Tascam 4-track machine. I still have it somewhere in a box.

I did sit down to see If I could write a 'Chuck Berg song'. I think I did a good job actually.

I wanted to be Keith Richards for awhile and even bought a telecaster for that reason.

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster *cue rags to riches by Tony Bennett"

I found an old school paper a long time ago that said wanted to be a lawyer "because its easy" the teacher wrote on it "no its not" :lol: (i was in the first grade and all i knew was they made good money)

Other kids in my 5th grade class thought i was a good actor in the D.A.R.E skits we did...i played the kid that tried to influence the other kids to smoke weed lol....I probably thought about doing that for 5 minutes.

15 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Other kids in my 5th grade class thought i was a good actor in the D.A.R.E skits we did...i played the kid that tried to influence the other kids to smoke weed lol....I probably thought about doing that for 5 minutes.

Being a drug dealer or an actor? 

• Like 1

I wanted to be a veterinarian when  I was really little. At least until I realized that not all animals could be helped. It was clear that becoming a vet was no longer a career choice for me unless I figured out how to do magic. So I decided to be librarian. :shrugs:

Didn't end up being a magical veterinarian nor a librarian. :no:

Still kind of disappointed about the lack of magic thing.

since i remember i wanted to be a lawyer (i got a drawing that i made at 5 years old lol) i got that 'dream' until i turned 13 then i wanted to be a teacher and also have a rock band with my own songs, but sadly i still can't make  any of that two things  and I am in another university career and i still don't have a band lol :shrugs:

22 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

How can you desire to be a scientific discipline at that early age? When I was 3 I was eating crayons and sliding slices of bread into the VCR.

I watched the Disney film Fantasia and my favourite bit was the bit with the Rites of Spring where they were showing a cartoon of the formation of the earth, especially the bit with the volcanoes, so I used to rewind and rewatch that bit over and over and over. My Dad realised I liked volcanoes and taped some documentaries off the TV for me and people started saying to me "Maybe you'll be a  volcanologist when you're older". It just kinda stuck.