As a kid, what did you want to be?

john lennon

Because all children believe they're gonna take over the world, ya know? So, what did you want to be when you were a kid?

Personally, I wanted to become many things. At five, I wanted to grow up so that I could drink a lot of beer. At 7, I wanted to have a three story house and 100 cats. At 9, I wanted to be a rock star and try a bunch of drugs. At 11, I wanted to become a stripper. My dad was really supporting of all my ideas. I still laugh about that. 

I mean, kudos on me because I did fullfil that first dream of mine, right? Only I can't really drink a lot of beer anymore because my entire body feels like it's burning up from the inside, so I gotta stick with booze or wine these days.

Just about everything at some point or another :lol:  But in the best order i can remember em it goes something like this:

Soldier, boxer, writer, rockstar, guitar player, rapper, gangster...fuckin name it, I probably wanted to it be it, I was a proper little dickhead as a kid :lol:  As opposed to the big dickhead I am today.

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Just about everything at some point or another :lol:  But in the best order i can remember em it goes something like this:

Soldier, boxer, writer, rockstar, guitar player, rapper, gangster...fuckin name it, I probably wanted to it be it, I was a proper little dickhead as a kid :lol:  As opposed to the big dickhead I am today.

Hey, Lenny! U live in the uk right? We could be drinking buds!! I mean I don't live there so it would be tricky but you know my bf got me tickets to go to London fpr my birthday

22 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Hey, Lenny! U live in the uk right? We could be drinking buds!! I mean I don't live there so it would be tricky but you know my bf got me tickets to go to London fpr my birthday

Always wanted to have a drink with John Lennon! :lol:

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Palaeontologist.

Here's me with Jack Horner in the summer of '97 after he did a Q&A at the Natural History Museum (part of promo for The Lost World: Jurassic Park):

Cb6GM22WIAELkzN.jpg:large

You're the spitting image of my nephew, its frightening!

• Like 2

I wanted to be a rodeo cowboy.  I also really loved Where The Red Ferns Grow and wanted to get some dogs and hunt racoons like in the book.  So I guess I was picturing being a homesteader who toured Rodeos pat of the year?

When my parents made clear we could not afford a horse, I briefly switched focus to being a rodeo clown :lol:

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I remember my first day at the ATC. I got sent on a mission to ask the 'sarge' for a left handed screw driver. Enough said.

I'd've loved to do all that, chocks away ginger!  Fighting the enemy and that!  COME 'EAD YOU FOOKIN' GERMAN SLAGS, I'LL DO THE LOT OF YA!!! :lol:  

Edited by Len Cnut

I remember the salute. You are meant to do it to the eyes, 'longest way up/fastest way down''. I went and did it plonk on my head - that provoked some ribaldry. I remember the chap in charge had a picture of the Queen on his wall.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Brandy Alexanders all round! :lol: 

LOL that's kinda a throw back drink isn't it?? my aunt ( who thinking back was in her cups quite a bit ) drank those for a while. i remember her talking my mom into one telling her they were mixed so well you couldn't even tell there was alcohol in :D

my mom was so not a drinker. maybe wine once in a while.

ok on topic....from the time i can remember i wanted to be QUEEN. not a princess, just straight to QUEEN. maybe channeling my distant relative, my 13th great aunt Queen Anne Boleyn :wub:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Queen of England. I'll be up for that. A few guns around the throne. One likes taco (I'm running out of Texas cliches so somebody help me?).

the fur trimmed robe, the horses being trotted around, my own minstel to play music ( hmmm can i have Axl even if he is not English?? ) great slabs of beef, there are more let me just think on it!

3 hours ago, soon said:

I wanted to be a rodeo cowboy.  I also really loved Where The Red Ferns Grow and wanted to get some dogs and hunt racoons like in the book.  So I guess I was picturing being a homesteader who toured Rodeos pat of the year?

When my parents made clear we could not afford a horse, I briefly switched focus to being a rodeo clown :lol:

so you wanted to be a broncin' buck rider? not a bull rider? being a bull rider is scary!

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the fur trimmed robe, the horses being trotted around, my own minstel to play music ( hmmm can i have Axl even if he is not English?? ) great slabs of beef, there are more let me just think on it!

You do realise that you will have your own cavalry and foot? I'm sure they will be filled with far more attractive chaps than Rose. In fact this is what I fear: you will end up fancying all your own entourage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

so you wanted to be a broncin' buck rider? not a bull rider? being a bull rider is scary!

We couldnt afford a bull either :P

Yes, broncos and also that other game where they chase the calves on horseback and then lasso them and hog tie em.

Queen AFR, Goddess of Produce and all she surveys

• Like 2