Myles Kennedy Talking About GNR and Slash's Next Album

I think it's clear things are going well with Guns and even though Slash probably will release CON lll cause that's just kinda his approach to finish things he invested time in. But Gn'R is first priority.

I'm sure there will be plenty of AC/DC time to focus on solo projects.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

I think it's clear things are going well with Guns and even though Slash probably will release CON lll cause that's just kinda his approach to finish things he invested time in. But Gn'R is first priority.

I'm sure there will be plenty of AC/DC time to focus on solo projects.

This is basically what shoulda happened after the Illusions tour.  Go do solo stuff, mess around with other musicians, get healthy, have a break and then get back at it. 

Edited by Original
  • Like 3

I couldn't care less about another SMKC record. I would rather hear something new from Loaded or Slash's Snakepit in regards of non-GN'R material. Or a brand new side project with Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I couldn't care less about another SMKC record. I would rather hear something new from Loaded or Slash's Snakepit in regards of non-GN'R material. Or a brand new side project with Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank.

I wish Slash released an instrumental version of his albums like Bumble did. I have nothing against Myles. I prefer good vocals or no vocals at all. The joke is they have a Todd, but all we get is clean highs. 

On the other hand the wait for Slash guitar in Gn'R is gonna be brutal. If the only way to get fresh Slash noodling and riffs is through Myles, I'll take it.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I wish Slash released an instrumental version of his albums like Bumble did. I have nothing against Myles. I prefer good vocals or no vocals at all. The joke is they have a Todd, but all we get is clean highs. 

I would love to hear some Pikes-like albums from him. Half-hour long records with a lot of different styles. Blues, hard rock, metal, experimental, etc.

20 hours ago, Original said:

This is basically what shoulda happened after the Illusions tour.  Go do solo stuff, mess around with other musicians, get healthy, have a break and then get back at it. 

Lil longer than expected but so it happened;)

22 hours ago, WAR™ said:

sooo... nothing new!

"I don't know what's gonna happen..."

this is actually very informative, as it clearly indicates that there are no immediate SMKC plans (which is splendid news for us GNR enthusiasts).

this is more indication that Slash's focus is fully with GNR for the near future

At the start of the year, they were still talking about resuming SMKC at the end of 2017, but that seems to have been put on hold then.

• Like 1

The current lineup of guns will reconvene as velvet revolver (sans Axl of course) with Mellisa and Duff sharing co-lead vocals. Axl will go on to front ac/dc, unlocking superstardom, and taking them to a level of glory they never DREAMED of when they were just a few lads from down under, performing for a few screaming teens in their mom's basement.

I'd rather see a new SMKC album, then a new Guns album !! cos thats "Not in this life time" gonna happen !! And i think the album is gonna be disappointing, because we expect too much from them !! We all gonna expect some kind of super album, that sadly Axl can't do anymore. His range is not 1988 or 1991 anymore......... sadly !!!

With SMKC on the other hand, they are gonna deliver what we expect !!!!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Dang, the best SMKC song is Safari Inn, Miles is the Ashba of SMKC, the moment they started to sing/playing instrument, the song becomes auto unlistenable.

No thats not there best song,  Myles is lightyears away from Ashba, singing and guitar playing !!!! But it is your personal taste, that you may !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robert39 said:

I'd rather see a new SMKC album, then a new Guns album !! cos thats "Not in this life time" gonna happen !! And i think the album is gonna be disappointing, because we expect too much from them !! We all gonna expect some kind of super album, that sadly Axl can't do anymore. His range is not 1988 or 1991 anymore......... sadly !!!

I'd prefer a new GNR record, but its not gonna happen. To much cash to be made touring. New music only makes sense to those of us in these forums. And some hangers on outside of them. 

I've said it more than once, we won't see anything new by GNR ever. Someday we may get to hear the old remnants of the CD recording sessions, when Fernando gains the rights to GNR material, but I would be shocked if we ever hear a studio vocal recording beyond whats already been recorded which is 8-12 years old. That's all were gonna get folks!

No thats not there best song,  Myles is lightyears away from Ashba, singing and guitar playing !!!! But it is your personal taste, that you may !

I don't know man, for me 2 former Snakepit singer it's better than him, heck even Todd is better than him too. I don't know why modern Slash always going with singer with screeching/nail on the chalkboard type voice, that Japanese dude at Sahara song is an example of this case too, he has similar type voice like Myles.

19 hours ago, Robert39 said:

We'll never know if they never try it.

Slash has just put a great hard rock album out with SMKC and Axls voice is doin' fine, we've all seem what he did in AC/DC and if he can do that live, he can do better in studio. I'm sure he can still give us some more epics.

What are you expecting from the band? Alien Cthullu Industrial Southern Blues Funky Core?
Dude, they just need to release a stripped down southern/blues rock n roll album with some Axl's Elthon John/Queen epics and a acoustic balad and fans r goin' to love it, maybe they'll even get a new hit.

They don't need to reinvent music, they just got to get back to the basics.

Edited by default_

5 hours ago, default_ said:

Basic is not enough for the die hard Gn'R fan, the want exacly what you are saying..... reinvent and save hardrock !!!

BTW yes, Axl did some great AXL/DC concerts, but also some very bad ones !!

Basic is not enough for the die hard Gn'R fan, the want exacly what you are saying..... reinvent and save hardrock !!!

BTW yes, Axl did some great AXL/DC concerts, but also some very bad ones !!

Really? What were the very bad ones?

9 hours ago, default_ said:

We'll never know if they never try it.

Slash has just put a great hard rock album out with SMKC and Axls voice is doin' fine, we've all seem what he did in AC/DC and if he can do that live, he can do better in studio. I'm sure he can still give us some more epics.

What are you expecting from the band? Alien Cthullu Industrial Southern Blues Funky Core?
Dude, they just need to release a stripped down southern/blues rock n roll album with some Axl's Elthon John/Queen epics and a acoustic balad and fans r goin' to love it, maybe they'll even get a new hit.

Southern rock? Slash pushing that sound is one of the reasons we didn't get another record with those guys. Duff and Axl both didn't want to go southern rock, not sure why they would now.