Guns N’ Roses and The Who Announce Joint South American Tour

• downzy changed the title to Guns N’ Roses and The Who Announce Joint South American Tour
27 minutes ago, History2010 said:

The Who need Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses don't need The Who.

Before there's another 10 page thread about this, I'll leave you with the wise words of the greatest of all time:

A4OJDgQCIAM2BVI.jpg

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

GNR can do stadiums in these markets just fine, The Who can't. What I am saying about them needing GNR to draw enough people is simply true. I am not ragging on the band or talking bad about their legacy or music. I'm simply commenting on this situation. 

• Like 2

Axl might want to bring The Who on their first stadium South American tour, the first and probably the last time, while he buries the hatchet with Daltrey who called ac/dc with Axl "Karaoke".

Meanwhile, the band doesn't seem to want to stop playing. We shall see what their next move is.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It baffles me how Axl goes lengths to please assholes that hate him and make fun of him in his face :facepalm:

That's how business works. 

When there's money in it no one cares.  And also, often, a lot of what is said in terms of the opinings of certain forthright people (and I'm not saying this is necessarily the case with Rog' Daltrey) is a little insubstantial or said in jest with not a lot of vicious intent.  Noel Gallagher is a perfect example, you can find quotes of him most likely slagging off just about anybody you can think of in some way but i don't think all of it is a declaration of war, it's a regional thing and like...I'm not sure if taking the mickey exists in every culture across the world so it all comes off as a bit coarse but i don't think it's the same as having serious issues with said person in every instance.  

The fact is its a small industry and all these guys know each other or end up knowing each other on some level and more of em get along than you'd think.  I mean John Lydon is mates with the lads in Pink Floyd, now who would've thunk that?  Also, a lot of the times people are slagged off and its the music that's being spoken about and often nothing personal.  Like Pete Townshend slagging on Led Zeppelin on the instances that he has, he's on record as saying 'its a problem for me because i quite like them as guys, i just don't think a lot of their music'.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

It baffles me how Axl goes lengths to please assholes that hate him and make fun of him in his face :facepalm:

I doubt he's got much to do with it, just another gig and doubt he'll go to any great lengths to talk to Roger Daltery.

• Like 1

Honestly this is the first time I wanted to see this tour, outside the first few shows which I couldn't financial swing. South America I never traversed. I like cinzano and hookers as much as the next guy so it's like my destiny. The Who are are like a 4th wave band for more me. I never got the musicality of those songs. Then of course the 3 Amigos are or must be rocking by now. The problem or dilemma I see is that Guns always had this controversy, and you can say it was all about the music, but the vibe was there to really fuel it, but now the "these days it's all about the tour" just doesn't get me hard. I respect they are old and know better, and I'm sure Axl knows where he's at but with no real vocalized intent it's a suspense movie. That's what I'm getting, it's building, I'm waiting. 

28 minutes ago, wasted said:

Honestly this is the first time I wanted to see this tour, outside the first few shows which I couldn't financial swing. South America I never traversed. I like cinzano and hookers as much as the next guy so it's like my destiny. The Who are are like a 4th wave band for more me. I never got the musicality of those songs. Then of course the 3 Amigos are or must be rocking by now. The problem or dilemma I see is that Guns always had this controversy, and you can say it was all about the music, but the vibe was there to really fuel it, but now the "these days it's all about the tour" just doesn't get me hard. I respect they are old and know better, and I'm sure Axl knows where he's at but with no real vocalized intent it's a suspense movie. That's what I'm getting, it's building, I'm waiting. 

It's like the album is third base and they've only started to fondle each other. What keeps me optimistic is knowing Axl was in the studio with the intent of releasing CD ll and then Tommy and Bumble left. I think Axl's plan was always to tour in order to live large. Like Tommy said, 5 tours planned.

CD ll was supposed to come out but Slash and Duff in Guns from an artistic perspective does require additional inspection. And it takes him a long time. The nostalgia/demand is there, an old band selling their real product which is live memories. But you know the art isn't gone. Casual service, brutally boring for many long time fans. Phase 1.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Axl might want to bring The Who on their first stadium South American tour, the first and probably the last time, while he buries the hatchet with Daltrey who called ac/dc with Axl "Karaoke".

Meanwhile, the band doesn't seem to want to stop playing. We shall see what their next move is.

I just can't see how anyone can knock AXL/DC, from a performance stand point. I mean if you're diehard AC/DC fan and have a problem with replacing Brian I can understand. But strictly show wise, AXL/DC was fire. Just great.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It's like the album is third base and they've only started to fondle each other. What keeps me optimistic is knowing Axl was in the studio with the intent of releasing CD ll and then Tommy and Bumble left. I think Axl's plan was always to tour in order to live large. Like Tommy said, 5 tours planned.

CD ll was supposed to come out but Slash and Duff in Guns from an artistic perspective does require additional inspection. And it takes him a long time. The nostalgia/demand is there, an old band selling their real product which is live memories. But you know the art isn't gone. Casual service, brutally boring for many long time fans. Phase 1.

The 5 tours theory. Well possibly 2 tours to set up a release. 1 tour specifically for the album. 2 to establish the material. I appreciate what Axl did for the fans, he could have just disappeared, but eventually we will get Axl's next statement. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I just can't see how anyone can knock AXL/DC, from a performance stand point. I mean if you're diehard AC/DC fan and have a problem with replacing Brian I can understand. But strictly show wise, AXL/DC was fire. Just great.

Those were comments Daltrey had made before Axl performed with AC/DC.  He never said anything after he started performing with them.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I doubt he's got much to do with it, just another gig and doubt he'll go to any great lengths to talk to Roger Daltery.

Of course he does! He's the one who brought The Zika to the setlist and he's the one who keeps it.

He's got a strange love for people who consider him a joke. It is weird.

• Like 1