Guns N’ Roses and The Who Announce Joint South American Tour

I thought creating genres, being an influential band, having a bunch of masterpiece albums and being a top quality live act meant being a legendary band. Then I read Metallica are shite...

Ps: On top of that, Metallica can fill stadiums all over the world by themselves. Not every band can say that :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, killuridols said:

He's got a strange love for people who consider him a joke. It is weird.

It's not this case with Roger Daltrey though. Daltrey is buddies with Brian Johnson and he made that karaoke comment when it was announced that Axl was to fill in for Brian. He hasn't said anything about Axl's performances, and, as far as I can recall, he's never said anything in general before about Axl or GnR.

5EAB8BF6-0D88-47BB-8343-517DCCBE11C7-284

I really could'nt care less about all the whining about the GnR/Who pairing, when i see this picture i'm only getting  sad about living on the other side of the planet, and not having a chance to see both bands performing at the same place:(

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Except they're not playing on that shitty stadium this time ^_^

Why is it a shitty stadium?

I think the stadium they will play now sucks because of its location and its surroundings. Totally awful piece of crap.

58 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

It's not this case with Roger Daltrey though. Daltrey is buddies with Brian Johnson and he made that karaoke comment when it was announced that Axl was to fill in for Brian. He hasn't said anything about Axl's performances, and, as far as I can recall, he's never said anything in general before about Axl or GnR.

It's even worse!

Badmouthing without actually having seen the real thing :shrugs:

Maybe he never said anything about them but when he said the AC/DC thing it feels like he already had an opinion of Axl, otherwise he wouldn't have said those words.

Edited by killuridols

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's even worse!

Badmouthing without actually having seen the real thing :shrugs:

Maybe he never said anything about them but when he said the AC/DC thing it feels like he already had an opinion of Axl, otherwise he wouldn't have said those words.

I didn't take his comment as being targeted towards Axl personally. I think it was meant more like "Brian is the voice of AC/DC and anyone else (Axl in this case) will be like karaoke" and that he would have said the same whoever was to fill in.

14 hours ago, History2010 said:

GNR can do stadiums in these markets just fine, The Who can't. What I am saying about them needing GNR to draw enough people is simply true. I am not ragging on the band or talking bad about their legacy or music. I'm simply commenting on this situation. 

Yes, and is't said the press here

28 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't take his comment as being targeted towards Axl personally. I think it was meant more like "Brian is the voice of AC/DC and anyone else (Axl in this case) will be like karaoke" and that he would have said the same whoever was to fill in.

Then you should read the quote again:

As for Rose serving as lead singer of AC/DC, don't expect Daltrey to be in the audience for any of the band's 20 rescheduled Rock or Bust shows. "I mean, go and see karaoke with Axl Rose? Give me a break," the Who singer said.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-daltrey-calls-ac-dc-with-axl-rose-karaoke-20160422

----

Lol, I've just read the comments of the Argentinian fans of The Who in social media: they don't want to see Fat Axl and his puppets in the same show and they are claiming for a classy venue with chairs :rofl-lol:

5 hours ago, killuridols said:

Of course he does! He's the one who brought The Zika to the setlist and he's the one who keeps it.

He's got a strange love for people who consider him a joke. It is weird.

Because he have APPETITE Selfdestruction?

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Then you should read the quote again:

As for Rose serving as lead singer of AC/DC, don't expect Daltrey to be in the audience for any of the band's 20 rescheduled Rock or Bust shows. "I mean, go and see karaoke with Axl Rose? Give me a break," the Who singer said.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-daltrey-calls-ac-dc-with-axl-rose-karaoke-20160422

----

Lol, I've just read the comments of the Argentinian fans of The Who in social media: they don't want to see Fat Axl and his puppets in the same show and they are claiming for a classy venue with chairs :rofl-lol:

Yeah, I remember what he said.

And I guess you'd get similar comments (except for the chairs :lol:) from Metallica or other bands fans.

Anyway, if it was a show I could go to I'd prefer to see GnR with The Who (even as they are now and since I've never got to see them live)- than with Metallica or Aerosmith. But it's not my show, so...