Guns N’ Roses and The Who Announce Joint South American Tour

57 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why is it a shitty stadium?

I think the stadium they will play now sucks because of its location and its surroundings. Totally awful piece of crap.

It's even worse!

Badmouthing without actually having seen the real thing :shrugs:

Maybe he never said anything about them but when he said the AC/DC thing it feels like he already had an opinion of Axl, otherwise he wouldn't have said those words.

In Stadium LA PLATA  played ROLLING StONES

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

And I guess you'd get similar comments (except for the chairs :lol:) from Metallica or other bands fans.

Anyway, if it was a show I could go to I'd prefer to see GnR with The Who (even as they are now and since I've never got to see them live)- than with Metallica or Aerosmith. But it's not my show, so...

Lol, its so funny because most comments sound a lot like the ones that were made in the other thread that derailed and got locked :lol:

Argentinian The Who fans calling the other Argentinian GN'R fans mediocre, sweaty beer-drinking assholes :rofl-lol:
They want a show at the Luna Park, with chairs, so they can properly enjoy a The Who spectacle :book:

No way, I've seen all of them separately (Metallica, Aerosmith and GN'R) but a pairing would be amazing because I know I'd be jumping and singing the whole 4 hours.
In this case with THE WHO, I will probably fall on the ground and sleep until Daltrey & Co. are gone :P

18 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Then you should read the quote again:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/roger-daltrey-calls-ac-dc-with-axl-rose-karaoke-20160422

----

Lol, I've just read the comments of the Argentinian fans of The Who in social media: they don't want to see Fat Axl and his puppets in the same show and they are claiming for a classy venue with chairs :rofl-lol:

Fans have lucky see The Who thanks  GNR?

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

The Who are a better band than GN'R. You will enjoy them much more.

Hahahahahaaaaaaa!!?????

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol, its so funny because most comments sound a lot like the ones that were made in the other thread that derailed and got locked :lol:

Argentinian The Who fans calling the other Argentinian GN'R fans mediocre, sweaty beer-drinking assholes :rofl-lol:
They want a show at the Luna Park, with chairs, so they can properly enjoy a The Who spectacle :book:

No way, I've seen all of them separately (Metallica, Aerosmith and GN'R) but a pairing would be amazing because I know I'd be jumping and singing the whole 4 hours.
In this case with THE WHO, I will probably fall on the ground and sleep until Daltrey & Co. are gone :P

Hetfield has said much worse about Axl though (but it wouldn't matter to me if I liked Metallica).

Although I'm not a Metallica fan except for a couple of songs, I have to admit that they were very good live the one time I saw them years ago. But I don't have a wish whatsoever to see them now. Aerosmith don't do much for me either, especially their commercial songs of the last decades.

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

??Luna Park  is too for Who

"I met John Entwistle from The Who, and I said I’d always wondered about these rumours about ‘Baba O’Riley’, you know, like for the keyboard parts they went and got brainwaves and then programmed them through a computer, you know? So I asked Entwistle; and Entwistle’s annihilated out of his mind, right? He’s in his own little world, and he looked at me and he goes: “Brainwaves? What fuckin’ brainwaves? Townshend ain’t got no fuckin’ brainwaves!” [laughs] And yet Townshend’s a genius and he [Entwistle] knows it. Then I asked him about the time he was supposed to have shot up all his gold records, and he said: “I’ll let you in on a secret, mate. Those were all Connie Francis’ records, I fuckin’ stole them! I ain’t gonna shoot my own goddamned records!” I said: “Wow, I’ve had enough of this guy, I can’t deal with it any more!” [laughs] He was just fuckin’ lit and ready to go…"

Axl Rose talking about the time he met John Entwistle, Kerrang! 1990

:lol:

(apart from everything else, I find it hilarious that Axl thought he met someone "crazier" than himself :lol:)

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Who are a better band than GN'R. You will enjoy them much more.

You and your betterness parameters again, doc! :lol:

My grandma loves Astor Piazolla and for her, listening to The Who or Guns N' Roses would be similar to eating dragon vomit.

Who are you or who am I to say she would enjoy these crap bands much more than Astor's music?

None of you can define what I or other people enjoy.

It is useless.

8 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Fans have lucky see The Who thanks  GNR?

Hahahahahaaaaaaa!!?????

Lucky??

We would be lucky if these shows were for FREE or we'd have to pay the same amount we paid for GN'R alone last year and we'd get 2 x 1 :lol:

Yeah, thank you Guns N' Roses for making me pay twice your ticket price in a span of 11 months, just because you decided to do charity with THE WHO, at the expense of your fans!

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hetfield has said much worse about Axl though (but it wouldn't matter to me if I liked Metallica).

Although I'm not a Metallica fan except for a couple of songs, I have to admit that they were very good live the one time I saw them years ago. But I don't have a wish whatsoever to see them now. Aerosmith don't do much for me either, especially their commercial songs of the last decades.

Hetfield said that when the whole Metallica/Gn'R 90's tour went to hell.

I really doubt they would look forward a tour with GN'R now.

I had a great time with the three of them: Metallica was impecable, professionals and very emotive for me. Guns N' Roses was craaaaaaazy and wild, but the pre-and after-show situations are my fondest memories now. Aerosmith was the show I had more fun and didn't give a damn about anything. Steven Tyler is a great performer and entertainer, apart from cool, approachable and available to fans.

I think he said things after that in a book about Metallica and he also made an ironic comment in 2012 or so. Nevermind...

45 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Metallica are shite and I've even met Hetfield. Never said that to his face mind.

You also said "Hardwired" was a pretty good record....yet when you wanna ride your boy's Johnson you call them shit.  How hypocritical of you....go figure.

Just now, tsinindy said:

You also said "Hardwired" was a pretty good record....yet when you wanna ride your boy's Johnson you call them shit.  How hypocritical of you....go figure.

Fluctuating tastes.

I'm in one of my classical phrases where I decide that all rock music is absolute garbage.

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I think he said things after that in a book about Metallica and he also made an ironic comment in 2012 or so. Nevermind...

Most of his mean comments derive from the problems they had in the early 90's. But I don't see the inconsistency because Metallica and GN'R have not done anything together ever since, so... :shrugs:

If you are trying to imply that I am inconsistent for attending a Metallica show, that's flawed logic. I wouldn't have missed that band for anything, especially living in a place where bands like that will not visit me every 6 months, and I was very interested in their show. Last year I had to choose between GN'R and Black Sabbath and I'm still hurt about that, but I couldn't do both same month.

Still, it is better for me having to select shows rather than be forced to see AND pay for something I don't have an intererest in.

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

You and your betterness parameters again, doc! :lol:

My grandma loves Astor Piazolla and for her, listening to The Who or Guns N' Roses would be similar to eating dragon vomit.

Who are you or who am I to say she would enjoy these crap bands much more than Astor's music?

None of you can define what I or other people enjoy.

It is useless.

Lucky??

We would be lucky if these shows were for FREE or we'd have to pay the same amount we paid for GN'R alone last year and we'd get 2 x 1 :lol:

Yeah, thank you Guns N' Roses for making me pay twice your ticket price in a span of 11 months, just because you decided to do charity with THE WHO, at the expense of your fans!

I really doubt they would look forward a tour with GN'R now.

I had a great time with the three of them: Metallica was impecable, professionals and very emotive for me. Guns N' Roses was craaaaaaazy and wild, but the pre-and after-show situations are my fondest memories now. Aerosmith was the show I had more fun and didn't give a damn about anything. Steven Tyler is a great performer and entertainer, apart from cool, approachable and available to fans.

No,i refer  fans  The Who thanks Gnr  they have the  who 

Most of his mean comments derive from the problems they had in the early 90's. But I don't see the inconsistency because Metallica and GN'R have not done anything together ever since, so... :shrugs:

If you are trying to imply that I am inconsistent for attending a Metallica show, that's flawed logic. I wouldn't have missed that band for anything, especially living in a place where bands like that will not visit me every 6 months, and I was very interested in their show. Last year I had to choose between GN'R and Black Sabbath and I'm still hurt about that, but I couldn't do both same month.

Still, it is better for me having to select shows rather than be forced to see AND pay for something I don't have an intererest in.

I wasn't implying. It's clear that you like Metallica and you don't like The Who.

5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

No one cares what phase you're in dude...have a nice day.

I suspect you are correct, but seeing as you queried my liking of Hardwired I thought I should mention it.

I have a picture of me and James Hetfield on a dvd. Cannot even remember it being taken.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suspect you are correct, but seeing as you queried my liking of Hardwired I thought I should mention it.

I have a picture of me and James Hetfield on a dvd. Cannot even remember it being taken.

I didn't query it, it was a quote you made in the Hardwired thread in response to a comment I made about the album.  It's called remembering, if you aren't familiar with the phenomenon. Obviously your memory sucks, by self admission.

Edited by tsinindy

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I wasn't implying. It's clear that you like Metallica and you don't like The Who.

I can't even say I don't like them because I hardly know the name of their albums and their songs.

It's more like I don't have an interest that would lead me to pay tickets to see a show of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I can't even say I don't like them because I hardly know the name of their albums and their songs.

It's more like I don't have an interest that would lead me to pay tickets to see a show of them.

Are the tickets more expensive this time around with the Who than last year?

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Are the tickets more expensive this time around with the Who than last year?

Yes, of course.

Besides so far it is only one show and the stadium is a bit smaller, so they will have to rise up the prices to get their ROI.