Guns N’ Roses and The Who Announce Joint South American Tour

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I didn't query it, it was a quote you made in the Hardwired thread in response to a comment I made about the album.  It's called remembering, if you aren't familiar with the phenomenon. Obviously your memory sucks, by self admission.

Well my memory is rather bad.

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, of course.

Besides so far it is only one show and the stadium is a bit smaller, so they will have to rise up the prices to get their ROI.

I figured just wasn't sure.   That is a bummer if you have no interest in The Who.  But it is probably a good deal for those that enjoy both bands to a certain degree.

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I figured just wasn't sure.   That is a bummer if you have no interest in The Who.  But it is probably a good deal for those that enjoy both bands to a certain degree.

It looks it is a bummer for the The Who fans as well.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Lol, no!

I wish they'd have their own shows with chairs and let us smash each other alone :P

First was Daniel Grinbank

6 minutes ago, ruttu69 said:

All of the bands in the world they choose to tour with Who? These damn 70+ years old grandpas 

lame shit.

No they no choose,is for combo the Rock i Rio  is for promotors?

I have mates who seen them few weeks ago on the UK run they said it was great show Roger was sounding good & these people have seen them waaaay back when Moon & Enwhistle were in the band & many times with out them as well & no complaints 

& id love too see Axl & Roger do The Sheeker

Edited by Gavin82

8 hours ago, killuridols said:

Of course he does! He's the one who brought The Zika to the setlist and he's the one who keeps it.

He's got a strange love for people who consider him a joke. It is weird.

Massive inferiority complex. Plus he seems to be really humble and upfront about his musical muses while his peers view things more competitively. That and he makes himself an easy target. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Massive inferiority complex. Plus he seems to be really humble and upfront about his musical muses while his peers view things more competitively. That and he makes himself an easy target. 

I thought he had learned his lesson after Kurt Cobain :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Damn wish I could be there!

You think Roger and Axl will sing The Seeker together!

How epic would that be?

Well, if that means that GNR would take The seeker out of their set and add another GNR song, then yes, it would be epic. I just recently noticed, that they also were playing that song in 2014 (and actually started with it in 2012... looking at setlist.fm it's kinda pathetic to see that The Who are listed as having played that song 230 times and GNR having played that song 115 times, even though obviously not every Who setlist is up there)... not sure if I never knew that or just forgot. Anyway, I really wonder why that song is still in the set. It's bad enough they still play Knocking on heaven's door and I find Live and let die only a fraction as exciting as back in the day, but at least those make sense.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I didn't take his comment as being targeted towards Axl personally. I think it was meant more like "Brian is the voice of AC/DC and anyone else (Axl in this case) will be like karaoke" and that he would have said the same whoever was to fill in.

That's the way i saw it. He seemed more pissed with the Youngs (" what do you expect from Australians") about how seemingly curt Johnsons dismissal was, Axl just happened to be caught in the crossfire, i mean saying he doesn't want Axl in ACDC doesnt mean he doesnt think he's great in GNR. I think Noel Gallagher said something negative as well about AXL/DC  but he's said he likes GNR on several occasions. End of the day The Who can pick and choose any show they like these days and they aint gonna be playing many more, the fact they'd team up with Guns shows me there's respect there.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Those were comments Daltrey had made before Axl performed with AC/DC.  He never said anything after he started performing with them.

He was just doing what everyone in the media had been doing for years though, it's a safe bet to bag on Axl and he probably won't respond. Other than booking you on his tour making you many deniros. I guess All Apologises isn't huge in The Who van.

Why is it on the bus but in the van? Answers on a postcard pop pickers. 

• Like 1

I don`t get all the hate for The Who here; I simply do not get why this should be a bad thing for Guns?  Sure that band is not my generation but they have their place in the history of rock and it is pretty safe to assume that Axl must like their music and be influenced by it.  It is a great thing for South America. I`d prefer to see a 2 hour show of the Who than the 2 or 3 of the groups I gonna see in Europe.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wasted said:

He was just doing what everyone in the media had been doing for years though, it's a safe bet to bag on Axl and he probably won't respond. Other than booking you on his tour making you many deniros. I guess All Apologises isn't huge in The Who van.

Why is it on the bus but in the van? Answers on a postcard pop pickers. 

Or....he was probably defending his friend, look anyone who is butt hurt about what Daltrey said is just a bit over sensitive.   Take your rose colored glasses off for a second and try to view the world from a realistic perspective.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Or....he was probably defending his friend, look anyone who is butt hurt about what Daltrey said is just a bit over sensitive.   Take your rose colored glasses off for a second and try to view the world from a realistic perspective.

It's not gonna happen!

• Like 2

But yeah, he didn't need to say it the way he did. He got to be unbalanced because it's Axl and the classic rock guys are like this weird cabal. They are just like morally superior to everyone, then back down if there's cash on the table. I'm just saying what it is, but  I'd sell out in a second. I just don't get why they get this weird pass. They did make great music, but if anyone can call them on they hypocrasy it's an anonymous nobody on a gnr fansite. I need to start talking about myself in the 3rd person like an NBA player. I'm really that close. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

But yeah, he didn't need to say it the way he did. He got to be unbalanced because it's Axl and the classic rock guys are like this weird cabal. They are just like morally superior to everyone, then back down if there's cash on the table. I'm just saying what it is, but  I'd sell out in a second. I just don't get why they get this weird pass. They did make great music, but if anyone can call them on they hypocrasy it's an anonymous nobody on a gnr fansite. I need to start talking about myself in the 3rd person like an NBA player. I'm really that close. 

Excellent post☺

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Totally agree with this.

I understand the defending a friend part, but you don't have to knock down other people while you do it, especially someone who's not part of the conflict.

And he did name Axl in his comment, so anyone saying it is not personal, should re-learn their grammar or something.

No name should have been mentioned though. The replacement is not the reason why Brian was terminated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wasted said:

This is a fair point of view, good commentary.