welcome to the jungle (live era), where this song was recorded?

I read on some sites that  it was recorded in buenos aires , on december 5th , 1992, but I was listening to some bootlegs from 1992 and 1993 and none sounds likes this version on live era.

It looks like it was a completely studio version with some live parts here and there, or it was from some show that  we dont have a bootleg recording, like las vegas 1992.

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Uh oh, time for another Live Era discussion...

To answer your question, the bulk of the songs on Live Era were overdubbed by Axl in '99. That's why they don't sound like their respective live counterparts.

I know, but the instrumentals parts are totally different of any bootleg I heard, so I think 90% of the instruments of this song were re-recorded or are pieces of several shows put together.

The versions of Jungle and You're Crazy on Live Era are not only overdubbed but also sped up slightly in pitch.  If you try playing along to those songs on guitar that are perfectly tuned to Eb standard, you will see that the recordings are running a bit sharper.  So its possible the Axl vocal overdubs and the pitch variations play a part in the different vibe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

The versions of Jungle and You're Crazy on Live Era are not only overdubbed but also sped up slightly in pitch.  If you try playing along to those songs on guitar that are perfectly tuned to Eb standard, you will see that the recordings are running a bit sharper.  So its possible the Axl vocal overdubs and the pitch variations play a part in the different vibe

Interesting! I never noticed that, I'll have to check it out! ...although maybe check your intonation just in case ;):D 

I am trying to solve this mistery, where the parts they put together come from?  some guitar parts looks similar to some 1993 shows, other like the 1992 era, others looks like they re-recorded the bass and the guitars on studio.

19 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Interesting! I never noticed that, I'll have to check it out! ...although maybe check your intonation just in case ;):D 

Just double checked!  Haha the easy test is to play along with the studio version and the Live Era version back to back, the Live Era version is definitely not tuned to A=440 so there was definitely some super super slight tempering with the speed of the tunes.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, comboguns said:

I am trying to solve this mistery, where the parts they put together come from?  some guitar parts looks similar to some 1993 shows, other like the 1992 era, others looks like they re-recorded the bass and the guitars on studio.

That is probably going to remain a mystery unless somewhere in the vaults there are in-studio notes of where every single part of every multitrack is sourced from, although the Axl vocal overdubs are the obvious ones to conclude because of how different he sounds.  In regards to what guitar parts came from what shows, if they are indeed flown in from various sources both live and in studio it will be nearly impossible to track down the source of every minor change

Edited by WhazUp

7 hours ago, comboguns said:

I read on some sites that  it was recorded in buenos aires , on december 5th , 1992, but I was listening to some bootlegs from 1992 and 1993 and none sounds likes this version on live era.

It looks like it was a completely studio version with some live parts here and there, or it was from some show that  we dont have a bootleg recording, like las vegas 1992.

its likely from whatever stupid live show from 1992 -- except for axl voice which is re-recorded on studio