Do you have any weird interests?

john lennon

Dia de los Muertos. it began with, weirdly enough, a horror movie i watched. then i read a book that mentioned it and kind of explained more what's it like. last year i visited the cemetery where my mom,dad and brother are buried, i brought some stuff they liked in life and kinda let them know how much i missed hem BUT how i cherish every day we were together and i knew we'd be together again. it was cool :)

I'm definitely a volcano nerd, but that will come as a surprise to precisely no-one.

Giant Squid as well, I could watch documentaries on them all day (but I'd probably just continue to see the same brief reel of footage posted over and over again as we've still seen hardly anything of them and know so little about them, we have no idea how big they really get...).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graeme said:

I'm definitely a volcano nerd, but that will come as a surprise to precisely no-one.

Giant Squid as well, I could watch documentaries on them all day (but I'd probably just continue to see the same brief reel of footage posted over and over again as we've still seen hardly anything of them and know so little about them, we have no idea how big they really get...).

how about those really giant ancient white sharks that supposedly exist? dang i cannot think of the name? mastadons maybe??

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You do produce the occasional nugget of comic genius.

It's a numbers game. After 40,000 posts I'm a comic genius. When they make a movie about my posts that will be on the poster.

"comic genius"

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

how about those really giant ancient white sharks that supposedly exist? dang i cannot think of the name? mastadons maybe??

nah, mastodon is one of those shit rock bands mentioned earlier

• Like 1

On 2017-05-10 at 2:30 PM, Dan H. said:

Classic hysteria likely never existed as a fully fleshed out and understood illness. It was a blanket term used to apply specifically to women with wide ranges of behavioral problems. Essentially it was a way to diagnose uppity women as crazy.

"Women considered to have had it exhibited a wide array of symptoms, including faintness, nervousness, sexual desire, insomnia, fluid retention, heaviness in the abdomen, shortness of breath, irritability, loss of appetite for food or sex, and a "tendency to cause trouble".[1]"

I think that's correct iirc. Hysteria hasn't been in the DSM for a while.

I do know that part.

Fuck I don't recall making this threwad. 

20 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have passed the exit for Area 51 many times. yet i live here about a year and a half and have already seen things i can't identify. am i going to say they were UFO's for sure? no-o-ooo but if i disappear...:scared:

I would love to live near there and see that stuff!! Hope you dont get beamed up too!

Have you ever been to the Little A'Le'Inn ?

13 minutes ago, soon said:

I would love to live near there and see that stuff!! Hope you dont get beamed up too!

Have you ever been to the Little A'Le'Inn ?

wow that looks really familiar but there are tons of places that look like that on 395 south going toward Vegas. there is a place that looks like that BUT it has a brothel right by it! :lol:

i used to have recurring dreams i was on a very high spot in the darkest of the dark and i'd see "spaceships" and i just knew they were coming for me. so i'd start waving at them like over here! come get me! :P what is strange is in real life i have NO desire to be picked up by space aliens and  do not much belief in so called space ships per se ;)

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

wow that looks really familiar but there are tons of places that look like that on 395 south going toward Vegas. there is a place that looks like that BUT it has a brothel right by it! :lol:

i used to have recurring dreams i was on a very high spot in the darkest of the dark and i'd see "spaceships" and i just knew they were coming for me. so i'd start waving at them like over here! come get me! :P what is strange is in real life i have NO desire to be picked up by space aliens and  do not much belief in so called space ships per se ;)

:lol:

Yeah, like I think you're saying, I'm sure those strange sightings are very much human made technology.  

I think not having cable tv for a long time means I don't have as many weird interests.  Even though the internet has it all, you have to look for it.  With TV I could jut find myself learning about Nostradamus or Fatima.  Like @Jane M. was saying mostly on History channel.  Ancient batteries, Pyramid theories, the Philadelphia experiment.  Id be interested in it till the next one came along.

Im also into sporeing fungus which sounds weird until I disclose the fungus is cremini mushrooms

Edited by soon

I am fascinated by Ancient Egypt and  Ancient Rome...Met my wife while on vacation in Egypt while we were both on the same tour and still have a pretty good collection of old Roman Emperor Denarius silver coins.

People used to think I was crazy collecting vinyl records before it become fashionable again.........

• Like 1