Duran Duran

Lucky girl

10 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Andy's wrote his autobiography a few years ago (as did John Taylor) and it seems like there is still a lot of bitterness - especially between him and Nick. Although he says it happened differently, the band claims he just never showed up to start work on Red Carpet Massacre. In a way he could be the Izzy in DD - never thought of it that way (meaning that he's probably unlikely to rejoin the band, not that Izzy didn't show up for a recording). 

I got to see the Power Station.  I was young - maybe 12 or 13 - and my wonderful Mom surprised me with tickets during a really really rough school year. I cannot even begin to explain how deafening it was.  You know those videos of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan and the girls screaming?  That was a church service compared to Power Station. :lol: My ears rang for a week from the screaming.  And  it was fucking great!  

I did get to see the reunion in 2003 and seeing the original five together was a bucket list moment. I felt like I really truly saw the band from my youth and  I can understand why it's so important to so many of GNR fans to have Izzy and Steven back for a tour.  

Ohhh, I will have to read Andy's book. Sounds interesting....but sad to hear there was some bitterness there between some of the guys. :question:

You got to see the Power Station?! Omg, I am so jealous! :P But ears ringing is no fun...I want to be closer up front at the Guns show this time around, but will I look like a nerd if I have ear plugs? Most likely. Ugh...my ears are ultra sensitive to loud noises. Booo. And wow, you got to see Andy too. Girllllllll! 

was there a law on 80´s which to being a rock star they would must to have a long crazy hair ?

36 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Steve Jones' look from around that time is brilliant as well! They both just suddenly became hair metallers! :lol: In the 2nd vid he could literally be Bon Jovi and in the 3rd... well... he's got a 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' thing going on. He's a North East of England lad as well, much like myself, which for some reason makes it even more hilarious that he went full on L.A. rocker (saying that, if I'd been a few years older, I would probably have been sporting a similarly ridiculous barnet, such was my love of hair metal in those days) :lol:

20 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

..I want to be closer up front at the Guns show this time around, but will I look like a nerd if I have ear plugs? Most likely. Ugh...my ears are ultra sensitive to loud noises. Booo. 

I'd wear earplugs if you have sensitivity and don't worry about it!  You won't look like a nerd.  There were some people wearing them at the Axl/DC and Guns show I went to last year and they looked fine. Much better than the people who sit during concerts.  

18 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

was there a law on 80´s which to being a rock star they would must to have a long crazy hair ?

Yes, and a leather jacket with either zippers, studs or pins.

(or all of the above if you're Jon Bon Jovi)

IMG_0948.jpg

God Bless the 80s. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Steve Jones' look from around that time is brilliant as well! They both just suddenly became hair metallers! :lol: In the 2nd vid he could literally be Bon Jovi and in the 3rd... well... he's got a 'Dog The Bounty Hunter' thing going on. He's a North East of England lad as well, much like myself, which for some reason makes it even more hilarious that he went full on L.A. rocker (saying that, if I'd been a few years older, I would probably have been sporting a similarly ridiculous barnet, such was my love of hair metal in those days) :lol:

Jonesy (who called it his "Fabio phase")  & Michael Des Barres were in Chequered Past and supported Duran Duran on a bunch of dates. That led to Michael replacing Robert Palmer in Power Station, Jonesy collaborating with Andy on "Thunder" (which does have the same vibe as Jonesy's "Mercy")  and later John Taylor in Neurotic Outsiders. 

A pop group have been influence  metal bands more than originals metal bands.

I´m surprising with amount I dont remember or know if GNR have something like this 

Duran Duran: heavier versions of English classics. Check out list

https://whiplash.net/materias/biografias/246002-duranduran.html

https://whiplash.net/materias/biografias/245746-duranduran.html

Until "Wild boys" one of more "boybandvibe" songs.

my choice 

Edited by Lucky girl
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

A View To A Kill as symphonic goth metal.... brilliant! :headbang:

Yes, Northern Kings did good job. However while i was listening other covers I reflectioned how DD musicians are talented,  HOW  fucking HARD are compose good arrangements.pop.

I became a GNR just because there werent only screams and drums without harmony. Do you know band play as horse racing?

to be a metal/ alternative like some of them on the list are "easy"

2 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

LOL 

Many have transformed DD song especially "Ordinary World" in something like Jim Carrey did in this interview

ps. sorry for my english grammar. I hope I be understand

:lol:

No need to apologise, I understand nearly all of what you're saying. :D

thanks, i can speak better than writte, 

About "Rio": "The song was inspired when the group was in Brazil and decided to write a song about their experiences in the country."

Simon still count in portuguese '1,2,3,4" (um, dois, tres, quatro)

Axl Rose was here in Brazil many times and never write one line to tibrute his brazilians fans. :facepalm:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

A pop group have been influence  metal bands more than originals metal bands.

I´m surprising with amount I dont remember or know if GNR have something like this 

Duran Duran: heavier versions of English classics. Check out list

https://whiplash.net/materias/biografias/246002-duranduran.html

https://whiplash.net/materias/biografias/245746-duranduran.html

Until "Wild boys" one of more "boybandvibe" songs.

my choice 

Thank you so much for posting this, I never heard it. When you listen to your favorite song hundreds of times over the years, it usually a fail when you hear a cover version (sometimes, not always), but this was very well done.   :thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

Axl Rose was here in Brazil many times and never write one line to tibrute his brazilians fans. :facepalm:

He owes Brazil an entire album and a bunch of  free shows.   :lol:

Many years ago there was the Duran Duran Tribute album. I haven't listened to it in ages, but if I remember correctly it was a lot of ska bands and not that great.  

There was also Eagles of Death Metal's version of Save a Prayer that I liked.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wasted said:

Never got into the Deftones. Recommend my way in? 

'White Pony' definitely (great album), as a starter, nice mix of the hard/soft stuff, then go from there. From the bits I've seen you post about music/bands I'm surprised you're not into them, actually. They have a massive sound with really blissed out, dreamy, melancholy vocals (some screamy stuff as well).

This track isn't from White Pony but is a good representation of their sound (and is one of my favourites by them)

On the other hand, you have this :headbang:

Edited by bucketfoot