Duran Duran

Lucky girl

11 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

I'm impressed how naturally Le Bon sings

His voice rarely ever breaks, he pretty much hits every note, even now. Brilliant! I don't think he gets the respect he deserves for how good a singer he is. His voice is very unique and distinctive as well.

Just now, bucketfoot said:

His voice rarely ever breaks, he pretty much hits every note, even now. Brilliant! I don't think he gets the respect he deserves for how good a singer he is. His voice is very unique and distinctive as well.

Well, except for one, dare I say, notorious incident at Live Aid... :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

i read on web that they were drunk, had  cocaine at this day 

I never heard that (although I think that was the time frame when John and Andy were using drugs/alcohol pretty heavily) .  In Andy's book he talked about how much tension there was in the band at Live Aid and that they barely spoke to each other backstage.  And IIR, I think that "View to A Kill" was #1 on the charts that week.  What a massive event Live Aid was and can't even imagine the pressure all the performers felt that day.

On a sad note, I read that Simon leBon's Mom passed away this week.  During my many years as a fan, I have heard so many lovely stories from fans about their encounters with her.

I really loved those guest VJ spots on MTV (back in the day when they showed videos) :lol:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

i read on web that they were drunk, had  cocaine at this day 

They probably did most days back then... it was the 80's. :lol: 0:12-0:28 he looks pretty coked up there! :lol:

I'm thinking the real reason though, may be that he got something caught just before that moment. :lol:

7 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

They probably did most days back then... it was the 80's. :lol: 0:12-0:28 he looks pretty coked up there! :lol:

I'm thinking the real reason though, may be that he got something caught just before that moment. :lol:

It took me a minute, but now I get it. :rofl-lol:

2 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

I think Simon play at same team of Axl, only beers, wines...The cocaine was department of bassists,  guitar players LOL:lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I never heard that (although I think that was the time frame when John and Andy were using drugs/alcohol pretty heavily) .  In Andy's book he talked about how much tension there was in the band at Live Aid and that they barely spoke to each other backstage.  And IIR, I think that "View to A Kill" was #1 on the charts that week.  What a massive event Live Aid was and can't even imagine the pressure all the performers felt that day.

On a sad note, I read that Simon leBon's Mom passed away this week.  During my many years as a fan, I have heard so many lovely stories from fans about their encounters with her.

I really loved those guest VJ spots on MTV (back in the day when they showed videos) :lol:

Its make sense! You´r right  ...Thinking better  about one big event  with live transmition to world  which didnt  usual for 80´s ...maybe the nervous was the reason for Le Bon false note

About Simon mothers ...so sad,  

there a big difference familial support that Axl unfortunately didnt have on his childhood e made him a person full of issue. We understand.

Simon even on top of his sucess keeps his mind on earth and have a normal life

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Absolute they do, but there are some really strange choices at the RRHOF.  (insert Axl's letter here :lol:)

Don't know if you saw this or not, but they had their first show in Oakland last night and played "Hold Back the Rain". I don't think they've played that one in a while --unless it was played at Lollapoloza?

Love the lyric change at 1:52.  And Simon sounds fabulous and looks like he is having a great time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fansince88 said:

Absolute they do, but there are some really strange choices at the RRHOF.  (insert Axl's letter here :lol:)

Don't know if you saw this or not, but they had their first show in Oakland last night and played "Hold Back the Rain". I don't think they've played that one in a while --unless it was played at Lollapoloza?

Love the lyric change at 1:52.  And Simon sounds fabulous and looks like he is having a great time.  

RRHOF nominees seems to political of entertainment business influences than to the really music issues. 

I saw on insta parts of yesterday show. My dream is" Matter of feeling" come back to set

I hope they celebrate  40ýs with a big tour. They have power to this, maybe need a agent more engagament

6 hours ago, Lucky girl said:

My dream is" Matter of feeling" come back to set

I hope they celebrate  40ýs with a big tour. They have power to this, maybe need a agent more engagament

That would be a wonderful addition to the setlist.  My personal dream has always been to hear  "Do You Believe in Shame" one more time.  The bass line, Nick's keyboard parts and Simon's lyrics are some of their very favorite for me.  I'd love to hear some of the b-sides too at a 40 year show.  

35 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Just saw this! Wonderfull 'new" old song on set 

The start of the song here ^ reminds me so much of the live video (As the Lights Go Down) from the mid-80s.  

On 7/8/2017 at 7:08 AM, Fansince88 said:

I saw that in IG....SO envious of who got to see DD perform that. I freaking love that song. I just have to see them next year!!!! :)

How amazing the 80's was

In past Rick Astley won money was albuns sales, from 2010 he come back doing shows with a great band 
I follow him on insta and.
 i  read about his last tour on USA  after new album release. Its seems he spent a great time 
 wish he back to be a popular on all over the world
There a people call him of Justin Bieber of 80´s but i dont agree. It far for to seems

The band play exactly studio version

• 3 weeks later...