Duran Duran

Lucky girl

2 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

Wow!  I can't  believe how many posts happened while I was sleeping.  I'm just going to put a few of my favorites to the already awesome list:

From the Bowie tribute a few months ago:

:lol: Imagine Axl doing something like that!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Axl could to our happiness, but...
Simon has a normal life, resolved, so he is a star  without mind up   

...i hope you understand what i try to said

About band they dont have a pressure, obligation to make only one kind of music while Bon Jovi has when release "pop" songs. Critics fall down above of Jon when he do it.

DD IS a lucky band they can do good song indepent of style (pop, rock, dance) 

Even not the original members i like so much 90´s. Simon looks crazy as alternative rock singers

at my contry is morning and i have to go work LOL in 10 hours i´ll be back LOL good day for every gunners n duranies here!

Edited by Lucky girl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucky girl said:

I did. While he's had massive fame he has remained very down to earth, just a normal guy without a big ego. (I think that's what you meant?:lol:)

Edited by bucketfoot

25 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I'd love it.  :lol:

15 minutes ago, Lucky girl said:

Axl could to our happiness, but...
Simon has a normal life, resolved, so he is a star  without mind up   

About band they dont have a pressure, obligation to make only one kind of music while Bon Jovi has when release "pop" songs. Critics fall down above of Jon when he do it.

Even not the original members i like so much 90´s. Simon looks crazy as alternative rock singers

at my contry is morning and i have to go work LOL in 10 hours i´ll be back LOL good day for every gunners n duranies here!

Well thank you very much for starting this thread. DD and GNR are my two favorite bands.

You are right about DD having the freedom to branch out a bit with their music style.  Their biggest challenge was the criticism  that they were just a video band or a teeny-bop band. Do they still use the phrase "teeny-bop" or is that too 80s? :lol:

46 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

It's fantastic live, what a tune!

That covers album is often listed as one of the worst records of all time.... I love it! :lol:

Covering Public Enemy is such an ridiculous thing to do....

.... insanely brilliant! :lol:

I never understood the hate towards that album.  Crystal Ship was the only song I didn't really like, but the rest of it was really good.  I saw them perform "Here Comes Success" in the mid-90s and it was very very much like "White Lines" in that the performance a perfect fit for them. 

4 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I never understood the hate towards that album.

Me neither. I bought it when it came out and absolutely loved it. I think it was bashed because it was released at a time when bands like Duran Duran (bands with a bit of glamour) were seen as really uncool, during the whole Grunge/Alternative years, I've never been concerned about what's cool or not, just whether I like something or not. :lol: Plus there's been a massive 80's revival in recent times so who had the last laugh? Duran Duran rode the hate, stood the test of time and still have a career, a lot of bands haven't (that's cool:shades:).

It's also where I first heard stuff like I Want To Take You Higher and Ball Of Confusion, which got me into Funk/Soul, so I've a lot to thank Duran Duran for in that regard. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Lucky girl said:

I agree and it's that mix of styles that makes them great.

11 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Meant to say, if The Beatles, for example, had written Ordinary World it'd be hailed as one of the best songs ever, it's that good. Just fantastic.

Warren's guitar work on that song should be hailed as one of the all time best.  I still stop whatever I am doing to listen to that solo.  

It was really interesting to see Warren come into the band. He definitely contributed a different sound and put the band in a slightly different direction, but yet, he was the perfect fit.  Granted replacing Slash is an entirely different job than replacing Andy Taylor, but it's a shame Axl never found that "fit" with the musicians that followed Slash.  

3 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

Warren's guitar work on that song should be hailed as one of the all time best.  I still stop whatever I am doing to listen to that solo.  

It was really interesting to see Warren come into the band. He definitely contributed a different sound and put the band in a slightly different direction, but yet, he was the perfect fit.  Granted replacing Slash is an entirely different job than replacing Andy Taylor, but it's a shame Axl never found that "fit" with the musicians that followed Slash.  

Totally agree, that solo is so emotional, not flashy for the sake of it. Yeah, Warren was a great replacement when Andy left. I would have liked to see Axl hold the line up with Buckethead together a little longer, that had a lot of potential. I agree though, the Guns approach seemed scattershot, I'm not sure Axl knew which direction he wanted to take Chinese in for a long time.

31 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Meant to say, if The Beatles, for example, had written Ordinary World it'd be hailed as one of the best songs ever, it's that good. Just fantastic.

Truly is and good pick on Shelter....I am also a big fan of that song! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

I'm not sure what has happened with Nick over the years. He took a few months off from touring this summer for a family issue, but never really said what was happening.  

I'm not sure but I do remember when that all happened because people on IG who went to the concerts said how much they missed him. Glad he's back and hopefully everything is ok. Really want to try to see Nick and the other DD guys next year!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fansince88 said:

And you are not a rock star until you own a feathered black coat.

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0943.jpg

yeah very  good observation :):)and both have similar beautiful features and charm; except Axl was a a bit uhm crazy:lol:

Edited by melina i

4 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

Another cool song. Spin-off bands were good as well.

:heart: the 80's

yeah I remember these bands, Robert Palmer was cool in those days, poor guy. his videos aare awesome:)

Also was Warren; his name mentioned on another post; was he a part of the Group with Dale Bozzio and Terry Bozzio?????

Edited by melina i

6 minutes ago, melina i said:

@bucketfoot yeah I liked their   music especially Dale and her style ; and also remember Berlin, great songs from those days and similar groups.  Some girl singers nowadays totally TRY to copy these chicks style fake

Yeah, Dale is gorgeous, you look at her in the old videos and stuff and then someone like Lady Gaga now and it's obvious where that's come from. :lol:

I have to post this now, your fault! :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, melina i said:

yeah very  good observation :):)and both have similar beautiful features and charm; except Axl was a a bit uhm crazy:lol:

:lol: 

1 hour ago, bucketfoot said:

Another cool song. Spin-off bands were good as well.

This was a cool mash- up of Some Like it Hot and Election Day from 1989. Simon apparently stole Michael Hutcheence's hairstyle.

And yes, Robert Palmer was the definition of suave in the 80s. 

• Like 1