Opening acts Summer 2017

1 hour ago, A_Random_Hero said:

It was about this time last year when they announced AIC as well as Lenny for the 2016 NA tour. Any word or rumors on who will be opening for them this Summer? 

1/21/92 Minneapolis (Soundgarden) 1/22/92 Minneapolis (Soundgarden) 9/15/92 Minneapolis (Metallica/Faith No More)

11/14/02 Minneapolis 11/13/11 Minneapolis  

Saw all of the above live.  Had no clue on the openers as I didn't give a rats ass on them.  Looking back FNM woulda been cool to see.  Think I was pre-partyying.  The Axl solo shows ('02 and '11)- in hindsight- God awful.  Target Center was maybe 1/4 full.  Only highlight was Baz at the '11 show.  (I think)               

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Original said:

Saw all of the above live.  Had no clue on the openers as I didn't give a rats ass on them.  Looking back FNM woulda been cool to see.  Think I was pre-partyying.  The Axl solo shows ('02 and '11)- in hindsight- God awful.  Target Center was maybe 1/4 full.  Only highlight was Baz at the '11 show.  (I think)    

Mix Master Mike in 2002. Currently supporting Metallica. Oasis at Rock In Rio and Weezer in 2002.

Supporting acts during 2006-2014 included Avenged Sevenfold, Bullet For My Valentine, Papa Roach, Eagles Of Death Metal, The Darkness, Hoobastank, Rose Tattoo, Danko Jones, Korn, soad, Buckcherry, The Sword, Black Label Society, The Pretty Reckless, Steel Panther, Crystal Method, Iggy & The Stooges, Thin Lizzy, Rival Sons, Killswitch Engage, Black Stone Cherry, The Cult, The Angels, ZZ Top etc. even Duff's Loaded.

45 minutes ago, Original said:

1/21/92 Minneapolis (Soundgarden) 1/22/92 Minneapolis (Soundgarden) 9/15/92 Minneapolis (Metallica/Faith No More)

I thought the Target Center show in '11 was actually pretty good, don't remember baz being there though.  Was pretty sad to see only 7-8000 people there.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Original said:

Adelitas Way in 2011 was awful. Saw them a year after open for Shinedown in Winnipeg and they didn't get any better. 

I'm still predicting Fozzy for Winnipeg. Jericho's doing a spoken word show the night after GNR in Winnipeg, he's buds with Slash and I think Duff (pretty sure they were both on his podcast. Slash for sure was), if Fozzy ain't doing anything in August I could see it. They got a new album coming out and just hit the road to support it. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

ZZ Top for TX....hmm. Not my cup of tea personally but others may be happy.

I wish that they would open for some of the european tour dates too

2 hours ago, Eagles95 said:

Opening acts announced for a bunch of shows today. Buffalo and a few others TBD. I had heard locally before Chris's passing it was supposed to be sound garden. I wonder if this is the reason for TBD. 

Soundgarden in Buffalo? Where did you hear that? 

Just heard some chatter from friends here in the buffalo area who are in tune with the local promoters as well as some others speculating on this site on some other threads. Nothing too solid but with Buffalo being one of the few cities on the list who didn't have an oper announced today, it makes me wonder if it was going to be true. 

Cool to see Royal Blood opening more shows. I am more excited to see them next month than I am for GNR in November!

Highly Suspect could be a cool opener too at some point. Idk, I like the idea of a newer band opening up

22 minutes ago, Eagles95 said:

Just heard some chatter from friends here in the buffalo area who are in tune with the local promoters as well as some others speculating on this site on some other threads. Nothing too solid but with Buffalo being one of the few cities on the list who didn't have an oper announced today, it makes me wonder if it was going to be true. 

I was thinking they were holding out for the Goo Goo Dolls but they are in tour still in August and playing Darien Lake around the same time so that's probably not realistic. If Buffalo is one of the lesser-selling shows they need a stronger opener than those that have been previously announced to sell tickets.

Fuck me, Europe gets The fucking Kills?

I'd rather see The Kills than GNR at this point, wish they were opening in Chi this November.

Hopefully I don't get any Deftones garbage, their fans aren't the brightest bunch. ZZ Top would be fine I suppose. A friend dragged me to their show once and I had a good time hearing them play the hits.

Edited by Dan H.