is the setlist this summer going to be the same

are they going to have the same Setlist if they are back in the States? I wouldn't mind seeing Coma dropped and having Locomotive in its place if they are looking for an "epic" song in the middle of the set that is not their most popular song

• Like 2

It's still the NITL tour. So yes, it will be mostly the same setlist. And I don't mind that.

Maybe a few surprises here and there.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 4

I don't know..Maybe they change something, but I believe it will be the same setlist ... Despite being the same countries(U.S. and Canada), they will not play for the same audiences. They're just covering the cities they could not cover on that first leg. If anything changes, I think they will only change from Rock in Rio.

• Like 1

I don't see the setlist changing at all as it's still the same tour. If anything were to change I'd like the alt song list to be changed. Why have songs like Perfect Crime , Think About You or Slither when it seems there's no chance of them getting played ( would be great if they did ). I don't know if it's to do with Axl or his voice but they should put songs in that would be easier to sing and have a chance of being played. PTU,Dead Horse or Ain't It Fun would be good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, k12 said:

are they going to have the same Setlist if they are back in the States? I wouldn't mind seeing Coma dropped and having Locomotive in its place if they are looking for an "epic" song in the middle of the set that is not their most popular song

Why ask questions no one knows the answer too? But most likely, yes, it's gonna be the same. And Coma is really the last song that should be dropped, it's one of the very few highlights e.g. songs that haven't been played to death.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 3

Think About You would be a nice surprise. That song wasn't played live since 2006 (?)

But I really like the current setlist anyway.

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't drop Coma. Honestly any other song on the setlist is droppable, but there's just too many people who still want to hear Coma, so don't drop it. If you want to include Locomotive, why not drop Civil War for example? That song has been a staple on the setlist way longer now and most people have already heard it live.

I think Coma is more of a song for die-hard's, I have noticed it is pretty much among the least responsive songs as far as the crowd goes, I am willing to bet any real "die-hard" has already seen the tour, that is why I am saying it should be dropped in favor of another "epic" that is rarely played ( Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Bad Obsession)

Edited by k12

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

They always kinda stuck to the same setlist, even back in the day, so your guess is as good as mine, but I doubt there will be many changes. 

not true, the set lists used to vary from day to day, I think they used to go with whatever Axl felt like singing at the time

38 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

Hopefully minor tweaks to the setlist, dont cry and patience both being played. Would like to see dtj dropped and kohd shortened.

I'm def with you on your first and last preference.  Id rather lose better than dtj though.  Probably a much shorter spotlight/nr section too (maybe even without vocals).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Ahh the great mystery of the alt setlists. I remember Oh My God being on there for years.

The alt set list is pretty much what the whole band bar Axl want to play. It's a shame we'll never hear Perfect Crime from this line up.

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The alt set list is pretty much what the whole band bar Axl want to play. It's a shame we'll never hear Perfect Crime from this line up.

It is strange how it is sort of being in operation and nothing has been played from it. Oh My God and Perfect Crime during the Nugnr era. Slither these days. It seems to be an alt setlist that the band play occasionally minus the singer (I think there was some footage of the nugnr lot rehearsing Oh My God).

But then everything about this band is a bit odd.