is the setlist this summer going to be the same

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is strange how it is sort of being in operation and nothing has been played from it. Oh My God and Perfect Crime during the Nugnr era. Slither these days. It seems to be an alt setlist that the band play occasionally minus the singer (I think there was some footage of the nugnr lot rehearsing Oh My God).

But then everything about this band is a bit odd.

The only songs they haven't played off their current "alt set" are Think About You, Slither and Perfect Crime. I don't expect to see the latter two pop up anytime soon.

If Axl can do them justice, I'd love to see them try Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse, The Garden, The Blues, IRS and Shacklers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

The only songs they haven't played off their current "alt set" are Think About You, Slither and Perfect Crime. I don't expect to see the latter two pop up anytime soon.

If Axl can do them justice, I'd love to see them try Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, Dead Horse, The Garden, The Blues, IRS and Shacklers.

Don't forget Oh My God! It's a shame that this song wasn't performed live since 2001. 

3 hours ago, k12 said:

I think Coma is more of a song for die-hard's, I have noticed it is pretty much among the least responsive songs as far as the crowd goes, I am willing to bet any real "die-hard" has already seen the tour, that is why I am saying it should be dropped in favor of another "epic" that is rarely played ( Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Bad Obsession)

Hopefully minor tweaks to the setlist, dont cry and patience both being played. Would like to see dtj dropped and kohd shortened.

Geez. They pulled out exactly 2 interesting songs for this tour and people want them dropped. They want all the songs that got played the last 15 years to stay, but the 2 songs they haven't played, they wanna see dropped. :facepalm::facepalm: 

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, k12 said:

I think Coma is more of a song for die-hard's, I have noticed it is pretty much among the least responsive songs as far as the crowd goes, I am willing to bet any real "die-hard" has already seen the tour, that is why I am saying it should be dropped in favor of another "epic" that is rarely played ( Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Bad Obsession)

What the hell? Do you really think all die-hard fans have the money to fly to America or Asia, just to see GNR, which is expensive in itself already? If so, then you're crazy. The bottom line is that this incarnation of GNR has not toured Europe yet. Nobody over here has seen them perform Coma, expect a couple of rich people who could afford the trip to another side of the world. Just because you want variety in your periscope videos is not a good enough reason to drop arguably the biggest fan favorite song from the setlist. When they come back to NA and SA, then they can do all kinds of changes to the setlist, cause they've already toured there. But right now the last thing they should do is drop Coma.

• Like 3

if they have any sort of pride they'll change SOMETHING in the set and if they don't i think it's lazy.  i wish they had more spontaneity as a band, like seeing a springsteen show, he rarely does the same show twice, he's always throwing curveballs to his fans and calling audibles mid-set, it's exciting, you never know what's coming next.  that's worth something, the anticipation between songs.  

springsteen's there for the money… but he's also there to earn it and blow you the fuck away.   

to be fair they should play whatever they want, if this is the set that satisfies them, then i'm happy they're playing together again and making people happy.  i think the average fan is blown away by the current setlist when they see it live (minus the CD songs & the seeker).  i think it's the die hards that want to challenge them into more ambitious and different  shows.  but the current set as stagnant as it may be is a very impressive body of work.  

Edited by Sunset Gardner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, k12 said:

not true, the set lists used to vary from day to day, I think they used to go with whatever Axl felt like singing at the time

No, that's not true. I've had this discussion before on here so I went to setlist.fm to check a lot of random setlists from the UYI tour and they played almost the same setlist each night back then too. I agree that they mixed it up a little bit more than they do now, but it was still a lot of the hits and songs that they play now. Check it yourself if you don't believe me.

We have to accept that GnR isn't like Pearl Jam or Bruce Springsteen, acts that play a completely different setlist each night. Then again, GnR doesn't have nearly as many songs as they do. 

Edited by EvanG

5 hours ago, Walapino said:

Im pretty sure Europe will get the same setlist as they havent seen the show yet!

I hope NA and SA get  shake up for the second round!

I doubt, it since like others have said...they are going to all new cities like San Antonio for one.  So the US most likely no....but maybe SA yes? :shrugs:

Edited by marlingrl03

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

if the surprises are Steven and Izzy and i miss it cos no one says in advance imma gonna lose it! :max:

I would like to see Robin Finck and Tommy Stinson as special guests :lol::headbang:

Izzy would be nice too. 

Edited by Sosso

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My guess is 1 song will be added with 1 dropped. Probably drop Coma for something else. I would assume the current alternates will stay the same.

"This is our new single- coming out on our new album called Stay of Execution this fall. This is a song called the General."

:lol:

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

"This is our new single- coming out on our new album called Stay of Execution this fall. This is a song called the General."

:lol:

LOOKOUT EVERYONE! WE'VE GOT A DREAMER OVER HERE! :lol:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Derick said:

Today Axl was in rehearsal with the band (we can hear his voice in that Slash´s  livestream) ... So, maybe they're rehearsing something different..

Where tf did you hear Axl's voice?

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

In the last 2 seconds of the video, Duff asks which song they would like to play and Axl responds...

Yep..Did you understand what Axl said?  I recognized his voice but I could only understand  "& ¨% & ¨..song"