is the setlist this summer going to be the same

Sounds like Axl to me too.  Thats after a few listens and wanting it to be Axl.  I also wanna read into the tease of not saying the name of a track.  They've been so coy with social media and all.  Im left wondering "is there a new song?"

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 6:52 AM, moreblack said:

I'd imagine set list will be the same with the odd surprise thrown in. 

And I will hurt somebody if they don't play Coma at the show I'm going to.

This! I will be disappointed if we don't get Coma.

As I haven't seen GNR, the setlist is great for me. I could do without The Seeker, of course, all the rest I do want to hear.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 7:54 AM, Tom2112 said:

Same setlist, no changes. Not complaining, it's a fine setlist... but I would love to hear a few surprises like Pretty tied up, yesterdays, locomotive, dead horse.

Also, they can drop Coma at any point... really have no interest in hearing all 10? minutes of it live and I can safely say the majority of the usual 60/70000 people in attendance don't want to hear it either... Coma is a song for full on GNR nerds... and even some of them don't really like the song (like me).

I love Coma but I could definitely do with them removing it and adding two songs in its place, or rotate a few old songs in its place.  A lot of stuff could be played like you mentioned.

You aint the first would be super cool.  14 years, dust n bones, don't damn me, nice boys, think about you, all of these songs would be so great to just hear rotated around throughout the tour.  It would make this second leg much more interesting and hopefully freshen it up a bit.  It's getting stale.

• Like 3

I can't understand the people who are already bored by the reunion. It's a very special era right now (the best since 06/07 imo) since Slash & Duff rejoined the band. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sosso said:

I can't understand the people who are already bored by the reunion. It's a very special era right now (the best since 06/07 imo) since Slash & Duff rejoined the band. 

Best since 1993

3 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Well, if you aren't personally going to see a show, what is there to be excited about?

I'm probably not going to a show this summer but I am still excited for them to get back out on the road. Hoping for an Izzy sighting this leg!! \m/

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Exactly what era since 1993 has been better then?

The 2002 line up. 2006 is equal. At least for me

Edited by Sosso

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

It is an incomplete reunion. I couldn't care less about Frank, Richard and Melissa. And I don't care either bout CD songs, Lyla and The Seeker. I don't buy a ticket to see this. Maybe this line up and current set list it is a dream come true for other people but not for me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sosso said:

Same here. I don't go to any show in Europe and I still get excited. I don´t know but from my point of view the NITLT era is a very important era for GNR history and I don´t wanna loose any detail or any possibility to enjoy all this.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Derick said:

Same here. I don't go to any show in Europe and I still get excited. I don´t know but from my point of view the NITLT era is a very important era for GNR history and I don´t wanna loose any detail or any possibility to enjoy all this.

Some people seems to forget that this tour is just the beginning. This line-up has so much potential... I hope they release Down By The Ocean (co-written by Izzy).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

Some people seems to forget that this tour is just the beginning. This line-up has so much potential... I hope they release Down By The Ocean (co-written by Izzy).

Hell yeah! I was just talking about the shows themselves as a very good experience and as an unthinkable historic event to the band and to the fans(at least for most of them), without thinking about the future or whatever. But if I get into the field of possibilities and potentialities, I get even more excited because I realy like this lineup.

Obviously I want them to play other songs from the GNR catalog, obviously I want new songs. But I'm not going to let these types of wishes ruin my experience with the band, not at all. I really had a good time in the NITLT´s shows  and I believe that those who haven´t seen it yet will have a great experience too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sosso said:

There's nothing to indicate this tour is anything more than a huge money grab....in fact at this point there is more evidence pointing to that than anything else.   

Axls unpredictable.

You can have a run of shows virtually identical. Then  you can have shows where he throws in a few deep cuts.

2011 when he played civil war & estranged was a highlight for sure. Coma last year.

Id like to see Yesterdays being a staple. You're crazy can come back but ultimately Locomotive is the biggest fan favourite yet to be played.

Edited by Axl_morris

1 hour ago, Derick said:

Hell yeah! I was just talking about the shows themselves as a very good experience and as an unthinkable historic event to the band and to the fans(at least for most of them), without thinking about the future or whatever. But if I get into the field of possibilities and potentialities, I get even more excited because I realy like this lineup.

Obviously I want them to play other songs from the GNR catalog, obviously I want new songs. But I'm not going to let these types of wishes ruin my experience with the band, not at all. I really had a good time in the NITLT´s shows  and I believe that those who haven´t seen it yet will have a great experience too. 

I wanna hear new songs because GN'Rs song catalog is thin compared to other bands. But other than that the whole thing is really exciting for me

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Sosso said:

Don't agree, 06/07 was exciting people thought things were finally happening with the band as far as working and actually making headway with a release... not to forget the band sounded great and Axl was singing at the top of his game (my favourite Axl vocal era). 

This is cool, and I'm definitely not bored by all of this... because some of it is exciting BUT! it isn't as exciting as it should be and that's confusing, considering how many years we all waited for this. It's just missing an element of spontaneity... for me Guns was never about playing the perfect show, no mistakes. It was about flexing out and taking risks and doing what they wanted rather than what they thought would please the most people... I feel like this set list is arranged solely to please a wide range of people, and it succeeds in doing so... but there's room for improvement and very few bands do several legs of a tour and don't change things up... let's face it, there were songs that were big in America that didn't have the same effect in Europe and vice versa... why would you treat your entire audience as if they are the same worldwide. Look at aerosmith, when they play SA they rely mainly on their 90s and up material as they know they earlier material didn't really have an impact over there. Aerosmith have a larger catalogue but my point is still relevant. 

• Like 2