is the setlist this summer going to be the same

The setlist is good, all the hits, some diehard pleasers, don't know why you complain, Coma is the please the diehard and to please Slash, stuff like Locomotive and Breakdown would be to please the diehard and to bump the regular folks. The thing I believe they could do is drop the covers, put Duff to do So Fine so Axl can rest and not Attitude or the Spaghetti shit. Drop Layla and Wish, change the order of the songs, take the fans out of the confort zone, start the show with Paradise City for exemple, nobody will have any idea what else they gonna do if they do something like this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

The setlist is good, all the hits, some diehard pleasers, don't know why you complain, Coma is the please the diehard and to please Slash, stuff like Locomotive and Breakdown would be to please the diehard and to bump the regular folks. The thing I believe they could do is drop the covers, put Duff to do So Fine so Axl can rest and not Attitude or the Spaghetti shit. Drop Layla and Wish, change the order of the songs, take the fans out of the confort zone, start the show with Paradise City for exemple, nobody will have any idea what else they gonna do if they do something like this

I can agree with this, take the fans out of their comfort zone. Another thing is most bands are aware that when they do double dates in a city, there are a lot of repeat ticket holders... so they shake it up, change the opening song, put in a nugget or two. 

Swapping coma out for a song like pretty tied up would take them 1-2hrs of work max... I know i could learn Pretty tied up in 20 mins and perform it tonight if I needed... and I get MUCH less money for a gig :P Pretty tied up is a far better choice for a deep cut, it pleases the die hards but it also has a chorus that anyone can shout along to. Coma is a lot of hardcore fans favourite song, but for a lot of people that aren't huge guns fans it's just way too damn long and monotonous... I hold my judgement on what it's like to hear it live as i haven't been to a show yet... maybe it's great when you're there in person... If it's anything like watching the videos I trail off about 4/5 mins in... and it sounds like the audience does too, but we'll see.

I think the US shows will be almost the same as last year since they're hitting cities they haven't played yet. A few changes here and there would be a nice surprise. Just play some of the songs that were on the alternate setlist last tour...JUST DON'T DROP COMA! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moreblack said:

So bloody dumb to suggest taking it out of the set. Why even have a concert at that point?

I love Coma and hope they keep or in for now, but they have a whole catalog of songs besides that one that are kinda good and all, that may be why there's a concert at al as opposed to just coma....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I love Coma and hope they keep or in for now, but they have a whole catalog of songs besides that one that are kinda good and all, that may be why there's a concert at al as opposed to just coma....

I'm with you. I would never complain that they play it but replacing it with 2 or 3 other classics or even 1 other long classic would be cool once in awhile. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 2:43 AM, Derick said:

I don't know..Maybe they change something, but I believe it will be the same setlist ... Despite being the same countries(U.S. and Canada), they will not play for the same audiences. They're just covering the cities they could not cover on that first leg. If anything changes, I think they will only change from Rock in Rio.

I would think a decent chunk of the audience will be the same. People likely were concerned they wouldn't come back around so they traveled to see them. Living in St. Louis, I know people from here went to Kansas City, Chicago, or Nashville to see them last time. I drove to Dallas. I assume most of those people are now buying tickets for the St. Louis show. I am. I hope they change the set somewhat. If nothing else, to give the guys something fresh to play. They will have been playing this setlist for over a year now.

2 hours ago, assjols said:

I would think a decent chunk of the audience will be the same. People likely were concerned they wouldn't come back around so they traveled to see them. Living in St. Louis, I know people from here went to Kansas City, Chicago, or Nashville to see them last time. I drove to Dallas. I assume most of those people are now buying tickets for the St. Louis show. I am. I hope they change the set somewhat. If nothing else, to give the guys something fresh to play. They will have been playing this setlist for over a year now.

I am driving from Kansas City and staying with relatives to see the St. Louis show. I'm sure many other die-hards from around here are doing the same seeing as most hotels in the area are sold out. 

What is the hold up in including more Illusion era songs? Do they think fans don't want locomotive, pretty tied up, breakdown, dead horse, etc instead of the 45 minutes of cover songs they do?

If they need to jam while Axl takes a breather, why not do the locomotive outro or an instrumental version of Perfect Crime instead of The Godfather theme? 

It's stuff like this which makes people bitch about the setlist...

• Like 1

On 10/05/2017 at 4:23 PM, k12 said:

I think Coma is more of a song for die-hard's, I have noticed it is pretty much among the least responsive songs as far as the crowd goes, I am willing to bet any real "die-hard" has already seen the tour, that is why I am saying it should be dropped in favor of another "epic" that is rarely played ( Locomotive, Don't Damn Me, Breakdown, Bad Obsession)

or just play all 5.

Lets face it though, Axl will struggle on Don't Damn Me (which is a shame as its their most underated song imo)

17 hours ago, RONIN said:

What is the hold up in including more Illusion era songs? Do they think fans don't want locomotive, pretty tied up, breakdown, dead horse, etc instead of the 45 minutes of cover songs they do?

If they need to jam while Axl takes a breather, why not do the locomotive outro or an instrumental version of Perfect Crime instead of The Godfather theme? 

It's stuff like this which makes people bitch about the setlist...

Well, isn't obvious, apparently they'd rather playing fucking cover songs and CD tunes......it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out  

2 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Well, isn't obvious, apparently they'd rather playing fucking cover songs and CD tunes......it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out  

And therein lies the problem. Nearly 1/3 of the show is pure bloat. Hence, the bitching.

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with the covers for the most part.... I could do without Wish You Were Here and all the Fortus masturbation faces but it is the CD songs that are the killer... They should do one a night and rotate it. And it is a sin when they make it into the encore.

• Like 1