What Goes With French Fries / Chips ?

soon

Usually just ketchup.

I don't get mcdonald's very often, but I like to dip their fries in the sweet and sour sauce they give with chicken. Fast food fries in general are better in something other than ketchup actually.

Poutine is very hit-or-miss around here. But when it's done right, it's probably the best way to eat fries. Add some bacon bits and green onion... :drool:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

I know what you mean, indeed it's seems like the best food when you have terminator eyes.

terminator eyes! I never heard that expression.  I have those now with all this talk!

47 minutes ago, wasted said:

Mayo and Tobasco is my weapon of choice. 

perfection.  folks weren't kidding' this is your thread

44 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Ranch
Chilli/Cheese/Jalapeno

I had the chilli cheese fries once in my youth (bought for me by a proper lower tier rock star no less, now that i think of it!).  they were great! What may have been missing was the jalapeño.  sounds delicious.  

35 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Ketchup

Or

Covered in melted cheese with bacon pieces

How have i not done this? Bacon on everything please!

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Usually just ketchup.

I don't get mcdonald's very often, but I like to dip their fries in the sweet and sour sauce they give with chicken. Fast food fries in general are better in something other than ketchup actually.

Poutine is very hit-or-miss around here. But when it's done right, it's probably the best way to eat fries. Add some bacon bits and green onion... :drool:

The Mc D's sweet and sour sauce thing is my favourite.  Havent been there in so long but I can still recall how perfect that is.

poutine your way sounds really incredible.  Ive only lived near the good stuff recently, but so far as I can gather its all about the freshness of the curds.  A truck cant just buy bulk curds.  Two days fresh is the furthest it can go.  They need to squeak on your teeth.   I grew up loving poutine that just had shredded cheddar.  Its good and all, and at first I liked it more then the real stuff.  But the squeak is the secret I think

7 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

For me there's nothing better than ketchup, a yummy bacon cheeseburger and coke to go with french fries. :lol::drool:

Fast food is going to be my death. 

For the life of me I didn't think there could be a winner to this discussion.  But you are the winner :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soon said:

The Mc D's sweet and sour sauce thing is my favourite.  Havent been there in so long but I can still recall how perfect that is.

poutine your way sounds really incredible.  Ive only lived near the good stuff recently, but so far as I can gather its all about the freshness of the curds.  A truck cant just buy bulk curds.  Two days fresh is the furthest it can go.  They need to squeak on your teeth.   I grew up loving poutine that just had shredded cheddar.  Its good and all, and at first I liked it more then the real stuff.  But the squeak is the secret I think

Yea, that's basically what I mean by hit or miss - some places very obviously buy bulk cheese curds and don't sell enough poutine. All the places where I grew up did that, and there was only a few restaurants so I thought all poutine was shit :lol: when I eventually tried the fresh stuff the lightbulb went off - 'oh, this is what it's supposed to be like'.

56 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Covered in melted cheese with bacon pieces

So just nachos made with fries instead of chips? :lol:

2 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I actually had a baconator burger and fries from Wendy's for dinner ?

I swear I can feel my arteries clogging when I eat those, but they're so good it's kinda worth it

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea, that's basically what I mean by hit or miss - some places very obviously buy bulk cheese curds and don't sell enough poutine. All the places where I grew up did that, and there was only a few restaurants so I thought all poutine was shit :lol: when I eventually tried the fresh stuff the lightbulb went off - 'oh, this is what it's supposed to be like'.

I am guilty of poutine-splaining :)

It really is amazing what the subtle differences can make!

• Like 1

Chili cheese fries might be my final decision if chili and cheese qualifies as a sauce. I'm going to make a chili and get a bottle of tequila. I'd need a diet Fanta though orange juice is injected with sugar. This whole cooking thing is knackering. I used to go to Carl's jr or have pita and chips. Tsatisiki that garlic cucumber and yogurt sauce turns fries club med. a few olives. McDonald's should do kebabs. Who wouldn't buy a McDoner at 3am on a Tuesday morning. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AxlisOld said:

Ugh, you're one of them?

Heinz Ketsup is my first choice but I like a nice malt vinegar on occasion.....for me it depends on the quality of the fries and how they are cooked as to which I prefer ...........:shrugs:

Edited by classicrawker

2 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Vinegar first so the salt doesn't roll straight of the chips.

Exactly, it's the science of fish and chips. When I was in Swanage I became an expert. I read the Beano and sampled the fish n chips all over. 

15 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Malt vinegar.......

Definitely!  I only acquired a taste for it recently.  I was raised in a home that disallowed it because Malt is like beer - no joke.  Now when I go to the pub I have that on some fries.

13 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Poutine is amazing for sure, generally I like Ketchup, vinegar and the odd time sour cream to dip them in depending on the cut of fries.

Never thought of sour cream.  Sounds good.  What cut do you like em with?

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Sorry, what?!?  I grew up in a muslim household and even they ain't that mental :lol:

It was a bizarre time.  They've changed now.  When I was about 5 they changed churches from a liberal one to a conservative one and the bulk of my up bring was informed by very random and silly tid bits from (an American Media company) Focus On the Family and random preachers.  Naturally they booted me out for being a sinner at 15 so I didn't have to suffer that garbage too long.