What Goes With French Fries / Chips ?

soon

The pizza delivery scam of the early 2000s was class. 30 mins delivery or your money back. So my friend would give the wrong block address so they couldn't find the place. Then call to gove directions. Free pizza. Until one night the delivery guy refused to leave without the money. He was outside on his scooter trading insults with us before the neighbours called the police. The cops didn't care about the pizza but told us to shut up get back inside. The delivery guy wouldn't give us the pizza. And as he drove away my friend yelled "the pizza you fuck!" right in front of the police. 

13 hours ago, soon said:

.... French Fries  

So far the condiment that has surprised me most is Sate sauce.  Sounds yummy!

In The Netherlands that's a common option. An yes, it's very good! These are the common fries-orders any snackbar understands here:

- Patat Met - Literally "fries with", implying you want them with mayonnaise

- Patat Pinda - Literally "Fries Peanut", meaning sate sauce 

- Patat Speciaal - Literally "Fries Special", which means you want them with mayonnaise, curry sauce and onions

3390866332_6a99301f59_b.jpg 

Patat Oorlog - Literally "Fries War", meaning you want them with mayonnaise, sate sauce and onions 

patatje-oorlog-1.jpg 

Patat Kernoorlog - Literally "Fries Nuclear War", meaning you want mayonnaise, curry sauce, sate sauce and onions. It's not as common as the above ones though. 

Only weirdo's order it with ketchup. Or just curry sauce. 

We also have a few varieties of fries. 

Regular fries are the ones in every pic I posted so far.

French fries are the thin ones and they're only served by shitty fastfood chains

Vlaamse Friet - Literally Flammish Fries are cut thicker and with some spices on them

Raspatat - Unlike most fries, these aren't cut from potatoes but rather made from a mixture of patatoe powder and water which is made into a mash and them pushed into fries-shaped things. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor raspatat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I like the look of those raspatats

They're quite good. Easily better than those skinny-ass french fries. With good regular fries it kind of depends on the moment. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, username said:

They're quite good. Easily better than those skinny-ass french fries. With good regular fries it kind of depends on the moment. 

Just finished a 'patatje oorlog', it was yummie. 

I had to search a bit for a place with good fries and good sauce, when I first moved here. It's a bit of a challenge at times. You need fresh fries and fresh oil, a place were they refresh it often enough to stay good.

1 minute ago, MB. said:

Just finished a 'patatje oorlog', it was yummie. 

I had to search a bit for a place with good fries and good sauce, when I first moved here. It's a bit of a challenge at times. You need fresh fries and fresh oil, a place were they refresh it often enough to stay good.

In Amsterdam I always have that problem too. And it's usually not in touristy areas. But here in Groningen I know exactly where to go. 

13 hours ago, username said:

In The Netherlands that's a common option. An yes, it's very good! These are the common fries-orders any snackbar understands here:

- Patat Met - Literally "fries with", implying you want them with mayonnaise

- Patat Pinda - Literally "Fries Peanut", meaning sate sauce 

- Patat Speciaal - Literally "Fries Special", which means you want them with mayonnaise, curry sauce and onions

3390866332_6a99301f59_b.jpg 

Patat Oorlog - Literally "Fries War", meaning you want them with mayonnaise, sate sauce and onions 

patatje-oorlog-1.jpg 

Patat Kernoorlog - Literally "Fries Nuclear War", meaning you want mayonnaise, curry sauce, sate sauce and onions. It's not as common as the above ones though. 

Only weirdo's order it with ketchup. Or just curry sauce. 

We also have a few varieties of fries. 

Regular fries are the ones in every pic I posted so far.

French fries are the thin ones and they're only served by shitty fastfood chains

Vlaamse Friet - Literally Flammish Fries are cut thicker and with some spices on them

Raspatat - Unlike most fries, these aren't cut from potatoes but rather made from a mixture of patatoe powder and water which is made into a mash and them pushed into fries-shaped things. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor raspatat

This is really cool!  Thanks for posting it!

Those Raspatat sound interesting.  I can imagine how the would be good.  Maybe fluffier/ lighter?  But still not a permanent replacement for the real thing.

Those names, meaning Fries War and Nuclear War are what really gets me!  Netherlands fry game is very impressive!

And the fresh onions is over the top.  Any fries with no fresh minced onion will feel lacking from now on.  

The sate sounds good, but its the only one I cant imagine really.  Will have to try to really get it.

And fairly nutrient dense for a treat food

13 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Some of these concoctions should be labeled crimes against humanity. 

Just gimme a crispy crinkle cut and some fuckin ketchup. Why fuck with perfection?

Try them and you'll never want ketchup again. Ketchup on fries is for McDonalds where the mayonnaise is as shitty as the fries. 

Come over to the dark side. We have condiments.