The Countdown Thread

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think people mistake honesty for negativity. 

Many of my posts could probably be viewed as negative. They're not negative for the sake of being negative though. They're just honest. I don't hold back my honest opinion just because others may see it as negative. 

Having said that, I'm happy as hell for those who haven't seen this tour yet and will get their chance this summer. 

Til 2008 the mods on mygnr, jarmos board and the german fan board were like a police state. Criticism and hate about NuGnR were not allowed. Since 2008 it got better. We're not hating, we're just comparing GnR with the GnR between 86-93. And the only GnR which is acceptable for me is a GnR with band members from that era. Even if they would suck, which is not the case (Adler did a great job in his reunion performances), I would be fine. Cause these guys are the real deal. NuGnR failed. And Axl was the main reason for this debacle. 

c7acfce955f47d1b9afcb397470a1a8b-783x450

Edited by 2414225

I've never found Mygnr to be a censored place. At one time HTGTH site was cool until Jarmo's head got so far up beta's arse that you can't post anything without getting banned. This place has always been where its at!

• Like 3

Just now, 2414225 said:

We're not hating, we're just comparing GnR with the GnR between 86-93. And the only GnR which is acceptable for me is a GnR with band members from that era. Even if they would suck, which is not the case (Adler did a great job in his reunion performances), I would be fine. Cause these guys are the real deal. NuGnR failed. And Axl was the main reason for this debacle. 

right fucking on.  

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I think people mistake honesty for negativity. 

Many of my posts could probably be viewed as negative. They're not negative for the sake of being negative though. They're just honest. I don't hold back my honest opinion just because others may see it as negative. 

Having said that, I'm happy as hell for those who haven't seen this tour yet and will get their chance this summer. 

what is the point? tell them to have fun and not that the last or the first leg was better...

7 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

what is the point? tell them to have fun and not that the last or the first leg was better...

Exactly. Quite a few of us on the other side of the world haven't got to see them yet, and we're pretty fucking stoked about it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

With all the negativity going on here, we should celebrate the upcoming European tour. I am counting the days and i just cant wait for it all to happen. Will be the best summer ever.

I'll be tuning in! I might even catch a US show if I can score a discounted ticket.

1 hour ago, cqleonardo said:

If someone feels that a diff leg was better, they're welcome to share that opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

If someone feels that a diff leg was better, they're welcome to share that opinion. 

Wouldn't that person have to have attended at least one show of every leg to even begin to form an opinion in terms of "better" or "worse"?

17 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Wouldn't that person have to have attended at least one show of every leg to even begin to form an opinion in terms of "better" or "worse"?

I get that aspect, I really do. The point I'm making is that people have some good points for saying last year would be hard to beat. 

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I get that aspect, I really do. The point I'm making is that people have some good points for saying last year would be hard to beat. 

Yeah. Only thing I can think of is the surprise factor and all the excitement from the first shows.

When I saw them in November I already knew the whole setlist by heart. I was lucky my shows had Steven Adler as an added value. 

6 hours ago, 2414225 said:

Til 2008 the mods on mygnr, jarmos board and the german fan board were like a police state. Criticism and hate about NuGnR were not allowed. Since 2008 it got better. We're not hating, we're just comparing GnR with the GnR between 86-93. And the only GnR which is acceptable for me is a GnR with band members from that era. Even if they would suck, which is not the case (Adler did a great job in his reunion performances), I would be fine. Cause these guys are the real deal. NuGnR failed. And Axl was the main reason for this debacle. 

c7acfce955f47d1b9afcb397470a1a8b-783x450

This ist the police Portugal:wow:

6 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Jep, kyllä vain :)

Hienoa, sama täällä.:headbang:

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

IMG_0452.jpg

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Come on, Jane. I write in English with almost everyone here..:lol: I only asked jekylhyde if he's coming to see GN'R here in Hämeenlinna on July 1st and he is. We both are.   

Could you change your profile picture?   Izzy looks soooo judgemental in it. Every time I look at him, I feel like I burned his house down or something.:P

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Finnish sounds like a fucking magical pixie language. :lol:

Yep, it's very magical language: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5XCMLS86fXtZ5MAmqACu

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I'm less than a month away to see them and I'm a lot of things but excited is not one of them. I kinda hate that I'm not even a little excited but it is what it is. :shrugs:

I think I know why you're not that excited... 

On one hand I'm excited, because I've never seen GN'R live before. But on the other hand.... :no:

Cryw4mfWgAQxHc3.jpg                

simpsons heart gif

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

21 hours ago, Jaygnr said:

Totally agree!! Im going to the kickoff show in Slane Ireland!! Been waiting my whole life to see Axl slash & Duff on stage together. Was only 3 in 1992 last time they played. Had the pleasure of seeing slash solo twice:axl:, VR twice, & Axls guns :axl92:3 times in Ireland...but this is what im living for now. Hopefully as its the kickoff show they play a few extra new tracks?:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Is there an excitement in Ireland for this show?

8 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Hienoa, sama täällä.:headbang:

Come on, Jane. I write in English with almost everyone here..:lol: I only asked jekylhyde if he's coming to see GN'R here in Hämeenlinna on July 1st and he is. We both are.   

Could you change your profile picture?   Izzy looks soooo judgemental in it. Every time I look at him, I feel like I burned his house down or something.:P

That's precisely why I like it. :rofl-lol:

No.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I think I know why you're not that excited... 

On one hand I'm excited, because I've never seen GN'R live before. But on the other hand.... :no:

That's a big part of my non excitement but also what my favorite band has become... Whatever, I'll try to enjoy it.

46 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

That's precisely why I like it. :rofl-lol:

No.

I have to be on Jane's side on this, I love that pic of Izzy, he reminds me of

acbb79e2e531497a8316f3724de9a623_judgeme

Sorry! :D

• Like 1