What's the best Eminem song?

wasted

I can't really pick, I just like the way he rhymes.  As The World Turns is a personal favourite cuz its so funny.  Rap God is quite immense inasmuch as it got some really purist MC shit into a pop song, The Way I am was pretty fierce at the time but listening to someone talk about their problems don't age well, Drug Ballad I always loved, Shit On You is fantastic, though more a D12 track, Guilty Conscience is still kinda funny so thats cool...see humour is cool cuz it lasts forever if you have the ability to be actually funny, I always loved Fack....hmmm, what else?  Bad Meets Evil with Royce off the debut is sick, I Just Don't Give a Fuck is still class, Business is a cool song, a lot of The Eminem Show is actually...shit, what else, I dunno, it's an embarassment of riches with this kid, i love a lot of his freestyles too, the famous 9 minute one with Royce.  

• Like 1

If i have one criticism of Eminem, and there is just one, the moaney songs get on your tits a bit after a while...as do the sort of 12 step recovery survivor songs, the uplifting songs, Tom Hanks tracks I call em, I've made it out the other end and I'm a stronger person, all that bollocks.  There are rappers who grew up a lot rougher in rougher circumstances that dont go on about it half as much.  

Edited by Len Cnut

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

gotta be Stan

Though I personally prefer Without Me and Lose Yourself has merit.

I can see Stan and Lose Yourself. Both are pretty much the rap equivalent of an epic.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

If i have one criticism of Eminem, and there is just one, the moaney songs get on your tits a bit after a while...as do the sort of 12 step recovery survivor songs, the uplifting songs, Tom Hanks tracks I call em, I've made it out the other end and I'm a stronger person, all that bollocks.  There are rappers who grew up a lot rougher in rougher circumstances that dont go on about it half as much.  

I was fine with it on Relapse, which kinda felt like a very loose concept album. So it worked and was kind of fresh. But he kept riding it out and just seemed like too much. He wore that shit out on Recovery MMLP2.

4 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I was fine with it on Relapse, which kinda felt like a very loose concept album. So it worked and was kind of fresh. But he kept riding it out and just seemed like too much. He wore that shit out on Recovery MMLP2.

I just never got on with that sort of stuff in rap, some artists can do it but...generally speaking that shit is for Bon Jovi i think.  A lot of the imagery around it is very cliched, 'take my hand' and all that fuckin bollocks.  

• Like 1